Sign in to follow this  
Frantic

petition for wood camo

Clavicula, you're missing the point here. This issue is about game balance and it totally sucks to be American in a green map, especially in a competition. You say that the biggest problem in a camo patch is that Frantic's arguments are false and stupid. What the hell? Maybe on the trivia side he may be wrong but no matter how long you write about current dressing rules it doesn't make the multiplayer problem go away.

Without having education on the subject, I'd guess that USA switched to ACU because of their current theatre of operations, which is in the Middle East. If Saddam and Osama lived next door in Canada, any common sense suggests that they use the appropriate camouflage and not stick to some stupid tan camo that any colorblind bat can spot through bushes and forests. The military adapted to desert conditions, they can sure adapt back to more lush environments.

No, I'm not missing the point. I know very well that the uniform is easy to spot in N.Sahrani or any woodland areas and I'm really sorry that it is that way, perhaps you should write a letter to Natick, they can read that after they get finished reading my letter of complaint.

Game balance? Okay, lets see...

M4 w/Aimpoint and Ak 74..with..um nothing? Balance?

BMP, BRDM vs..Humvee? Balance?

Quote[/b] ]but no matter how long you write about current dressing rules it doesn't make the multiplayer problem go away.

That's true, but yet you say Frantic's comments that are based on his uninformed opinoin on current dressing rules are valid while mine are wrong. Come on now, at least be consistent.

If there is soemthing official featuring BDUs, then the RACS should get one too, and then the N. Sahrani guys should get desert gear all in the name of balance.

Also, in the name of balance, the humvees and 4x4 should require anti-tank weapons to destroy to keep them fair with the BRDM and BMP. The SU-24 should get STVOL because the Harrier has it, or they should get something else that has STVOL capability.

Quote[/b] ]Without having education on the subject, I'd guess that USA switched to ACU because of their current theatre of operations, which is in the Middle East.

The Army switched to an "universal," camoflauge pattern because it became expensive to continually issue uniforms to soldiers. BDUs at enlistment = $40-$50 / set with 4 sets, 1st Deployment DCUs at $40-$50 / set with 4 sets plus $2.50 +/- per patch and rank insignia, and the issue of DCUs would have to occur every time you deploy. Some soldiers have deployed 4-5 times in the past 4 years, and I can tell you they all have a ton of the desert uniforms laying around. That was the reason for changing uniforms, it is also a representation of the Army's paradigm shift from a garrison force to an expeditionary force.

Why they chose the color pattern they did I have no idea, but they're not going to suddenly change colors based on another deployment. There are PLENTY of green areas in Iraq. The ACU was in development for years and for something as simple as changing the types of buttons or velcro would require more years of testing and time-wasting, imagine how long it would take to change the color?

And, like I have said before in this thread, all of these rules don't neccessarily apply to those of us in SOC.

Quote[/b] ]any common sense suggests

Because you're a civilian this is excusable, but no military has ever operated by the laws of common sense. Ever.

Back to game balance, there are plenty of things in this game that aren't balanced, and most of them have a larger impact than the color of your uniform.

@KyleSarnik: as u wrote...you dont care...so why do u care and write here...nobody cares about ur careless stuff...so i dont care too about the fact that you dont care about anything!

But i care about the gameplay of ArmA and im nearly sure BIS cares about the gameplay and enjoyment of ArmA Multiplayer too!..cause they wanna sell their product and earn some money with it!..so they have to care about it!

@Clavicula_nox4817: your right...im not a poor US soldier and im happy about it...but ArmA is not even near at the reality, so why should it be totally impossible to have a BDU unit in the game?

Its even not important that the unit got the USA flag on the shoulder.

So to stop u reality fanatics in arguing about stuff which is totally unimportant for a game, i change my request.

RACS should get one unit with BDU uniform!!!

tounge2.gif

so come one and tell me that there are now no units in the world who wear BDU uniforms...im waiting for it!

nener.gif

Quote[/b] ]RACS should get one unit with BDU uniform!!!

They sure should, especially if you're going to use the balance argument.

Now, theres no problem with adding in some generic guys wearing woodland camo, that's great, just don't call them a modern US Army soldier because that's just wrong.

I love my BDUs more than you can possibly imagine, in my opinion they were a great uniform, but someone with more stars on his shoulder than I have decided that they had to go.

Here's an idea, put a request for generic Woodland BDU models and textures up on the Biki's Wishlist.

*edit*

Quote[/b] ]so come one and tell me that there are now no units in the world who wear BDU uniforms...im waiting for it!

That is just stupid. How about you grow up a little, eh?

Quote[/b] ]Here's an idea, put a request for generic Woodland BDU models and textures up on the Biki's Wishlist.

i already did some weeks after the German release!

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]so come one and tell me that there are now no units in the world who wear BDU uniforms...im waiting for it!

That is just stupid. How about you grow up a little, eh?

why is that stupid?..there are more military armys out there than just the superduper US army...for example the Croatian army is wearing the BDU uniforms and im sure there are alot more.

so its nice that an US soldier is allowed to give us some input out of the US army, but you should never forget that this is a game and not reality!

And that stupid talking about balanced stuff...we wanna have fun when we play PvP games and atm its totally no-fun to play a map on North-Sahrani.

Im a person who is supporting this game by making maps...but im hold back to make maps on North-Sahrani, cause of the stupid BLUFOR uniforms.

So COOP and single players go away from this thread, this thread goes for the PvP multiplayers who are paying for servers to have 60 players at the same time on it and who wanna have fun and enjoy this game!

PS: im going to make an addon pack for my league, but i wanna play public games too and i wanna see more people who can enjoy this great game, but for that we need one unit with wood camo on the BLUFOR or RACS side.

And i still dont believe that it would be such a great work to make one and implement it in one of the next patches!

I say the BLUFOR have Marpat, and the REDFOR have the Russian Camo

I cant believe this is the only guy who said this in the whole thread. Since BIS says the US troops on Sahrani are officially USMC and US ARMY trooops. And Marines are having to wear and ACU which doesnt happen in real life.

Marines wear MARPAT. And guess what they got desert and woodland version of digital camo instead of the one-for-all digi camo ACU.

Check out these pics of MARPAT.

Woodland MARPAT

usa_marpat_front.jpg

Desert MARPAT

usa_desertmarpat_back.jpg

Quote[/b] ]why is that stupid?..there are more military armys out there than just the superduper US army...for example the Croatian army is wearing the BDU uniforms and im sure there are alot more.

It's stupid for you to say something asinine like "tell me there are no armies using the BDU im waiting!!"

That's ridiculous, nobody was talking about any other force so why even bring that into the equation?

How does "US should wear BDUs" equal "Croatia has BDUs!"? It was a stupid thing for you to say because it wasn't meant as anything other than some kind of flame bait.

Yeah, I know there are other armies, I've served along side British, Polish, Hungarian, and South Koreans to name just a few.

Quote[/b] ] already did some weeks after the German release!

I'm glad, then there should be no need of this thread, right?

Quote[/b] ]PS: im going to make an addon pack for my league, but i wanna play public games too and i wanna see more people who can enjoy this great game, but for that we need one unit with wood camo on the BLUFOR or RACS side.

And i still dont believe that it would be such a great work to make one and implement it in one of the next patches!

I appreciate this a lot, and I appreciate anyone who supports this game, but your argument for US Soldiers to being wearing BDUs is wrong.

Quote[/b] ] cant believe this is the only guy who said this in the whole thread. Since BIS says the US troops on Sahrani are officially USMC and US ARMY trooops. And Marines are having to wear and ACU which doesnt happen in real life.

The only Marines in the game are some pilots.

Lets just give some of the U.S. soldiers MARPAT and call them marines then.

Will you guys listen to the real deal here?

BIS wishes to make a realistic game, based on real life.

The U. S. Army's mandatory (For all terrain) uniform camo is ACU.

It's realistic.

LIVE WITH IT.

Either that, or go and convice the good old people in carge of the U. S. Army to scrap ACU and go back to BDU and DCU.

Please read Cavicula's posts and use your brain to figure them out. He IS in the U. S. Army. Thank you crazy_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I'd rather see BIS work on the bugs. And maybe a new campaign (expansion pack) whistle.gif

This is really a moot discussion. BIS shouldn't force unofficial addons into patches. They created the general template, they created it so you'd be able to mod it yourself. You want change, you make the change.

It's easy, right-click and save. Unpack and place in ArmA/addons.

It's realistic.

LIVE WITH IT.

Want realism?

Gun Jams, funked Ammo

Where's the toilet?huh.gif?? Bog breaks during 8 hour missions?

Get hit once and bled to death IF you don't get medical attention?

Camo is the least of the realism issues ;}

Quote[/b] ]

It's got to be in a patch for it to completely fix the problem though.

Yeah, and there's the problem of every other realism mod that will ever be made for ArmA. BIS should patch those in too.

Uhhhh...

Drop it - it won't happen.

ah damn, again a ctf & c&h thread captured by some coop addicts. if you don't like wood , than don't choose it, bloody simple for me but i know, its unrealistic to have another suite in your coffret. All BIS stated was that it is hard to keep the gamefun and simulation, they never said it's only a Sim, never.

if you wanna have a real sim buy VBS2 or go to iraq and let us players play games for fun ffs. this game is gonna die because of such selfish ppl trying to spoil the fun for everyone.

Will you guys listen to the real deal here?

BIS wishes to make a realistic game, based on real life.

The U. S. Army's mandatory (For all terrain) uniform camo is ACU.

It's realistic.

LIVE WITH IT.

Either that, or go and convice the good old people in carge of the U. S. Army to scrap ACU and go back to BDU and DCU.

Please read Cavicula's posts and use your brain to figure them out. He IS in the U. S. Army. Thank you crazy_o.gif

Did you even read Frantic’s first post? So the US army no longer issue woodland camo? OK realism is it? …. Has the US army actually been recently deployed to Sahrani  …A small island in the Atlantic with a tropical south and temperate northern climate? Have you ever heard of soldiers that don’t cough, sneeze, swear and fart or need to piss and have to eat? … Realism? … This is a game mate … realism is just an illusion in case you haven’t noticed!

The US army are still perfectly capable of re issuing woodland camo if the need arises. IRL the need has not arisen. But this is a fictitious tale of a fictitious war in a fictitious country! Notice the word: ‘fictitious’!  tounge2.gif

The US issuing new uniforms for a small outpost on a 20x20km island doesn't sound very realistic to me wink_o.gif

The US issuing new uniforms for a small outpost on a 20x20km island doesn't sound very realistic to me wink_o.gif

An arming screen that lets you choose your uniform like Rainbow Six vegas etc would be fun for HOLD/DM/CTF, and allow people zany outfits.

For COOP players a choice of military authentic unifroms even nationalities would be cool.

To be able to have face paint on or off etc.

This lead to some pretty bizzare and amusing outfits in rainbow Six, pink camo anyone ROFL?

None of this is essential and I'm sure modders will add it, it would be nice if the really good stuff was delivered in a patch. Server Admins could have a tick box for any uniform choice, authentic or none.

I have read this hole topic and no one said about making a foreign military, like France or Sweden. This will keep the realism in uniforms while serving the public's demand. Lol, i cant believe i am the only one who thought of this. rofl.gif

I think the moral of this thread is that the BLUFOR side of this game should have revolved soley around the Marine Corps instead of the current hybrid 'Marmy'.

But then again it seems to have just been thrown together with leftovers from VBS anyway so..

Quote[/b] ]Lol, i cant believe i am the only one who thought of this

I can.

I think it is an urgent thing to have adequate uniforms for both sides in different areas.

When you play player vs. player maps the conditions should be even.

We all want this awesome game to be popular, right? The more excitement ArmA brings for newbies, the better for the whole community.

The Berzerk C&H maps are great without a doubt, and played a lot these days, but honestly, who wants to pick BLUFOR?

When we talk about realism - I cant see any in public games right from the start. Or is there an army where every1 could do what they want?

Its ArmAs strength that this game is not limited in any way: There are unlimited possibilities in this game and I love them all! I play single player missions and campaign, multi player in coop, cti, c&h, ctf, dm and whatever, I play public and in clanwars, I like to make my own maps by scripting and could spend hours watching AI battles after I placed tons of troops in the editor tounge2.gif

If there are people out there, that prefer playing ArmA just ctf or only coop, they are free to do so, but they miss so much of the game: its the unlimited variety that makes this game to the best of all times (since ofp) - i dont need another game installed the next years.

its a good thing that you can play it realistic AND unrealistic, not?

the only reason why I play it is: because its FUN!

but really, those uneven uniforms spoil the fun a little bit in public games for me... sad_o.gif

and I dont think I'm the only one

public games are that important, because there the newbies get addicted or not - it would be sad if gamers feel its unfair just because of stupid uniforms and just dont play it anymore after some time, not..?

A non balanced game isn't fun. Fun is the bottom line with games. While in SP the ACU can work just fine, in MP it doesn't work.

I don't know about you, but I don't see fun as getting killed all the time in MP because they can see you from a mile away, however real might it be, it just isn't fun.

Ha, believe me, I tried to use that same argument but BIS isn't thinking about fun. Suma said to me that at least he wasn't.