Sign in to follow this  
mcnools

"dry" south Sahrani"

Exactly, cut and past mistakes:

Should have been :

<<'-remove SaraLiteDry.pbo and  the "SaraLiteDry.bi.bisign" from ...\ArmA\AddOns\ directory and Place the files "McNSaraLiteDryite.pbo"  in your ...\ArmA\AddOns\ directory'>>

You do not need the sig file anymore on v1.1

SaraLiteDry.bi.bisign belong to SaraLiteDry.pbo a non working

ver of v1.1 (actually the 'winter island'...) that was left online for a few hours

smile_o.gif

if you made south you can do north too

if this addon gives better framerate, better game and graphic performance, than please do north, it will be very usefull smile_o.gif

if this addon gives better framerate, better game and graphic performance, than please do north, it will be very usefull smile_o.gif

Unfortunatly.. no, I can't :/ atleast I don't know how. This is just a simple retexture (and some reconfig now) of the map that came with the demo, wich is just the southern part of sahrani :/ when the tools are out someone could probably do a north-sahrani map, and it might be possible by reconfiguration or something, but I don't know.

I can yes increase my viewdist a lot

because:

- there is less object to calculate ( took some trees out of the map, and that is not done in config)

- i downsized plants

- and I decreased or cut Wind effect on plants.

(you'll be able to do this in 1.06 in option cut grass i think)

- but now the north part if BIS is ok with it (South from demo was free), take some trees or plants  out, is feasable it'll be hard work do, i had to decompile/edit/compile more than 460 files for south

north should make my fingers fall wink_o.gif

and with Visitor3 it will take much less to do for the same.

so yes I can do North (witch has south anyway), might do it if tools doesn't turn up.

---------------------

=DST= OcramWeb

Just so you guys know, I'm currently working on making the "distance-textures" suit the ones who appear close to the player better (in other words, I'm fixing the farmland-looking areas etc.)

Just so you guys know, I'm currently working on making the "distance-textures" suit the ones who appear close to the player better (in other words, I'm fixing the farmland-looking areas etc.)

Nice to Read, Awaiting your release, can't wait to play on it smile_o.gif

Nice to Read, Awaiting your release, can't wait to play on it smile_o.gif

Right now I'm just waiting for an updated config from Ocramweb, and then I'll just test it a bit and try to eliminate any annoying bugs that might pop up (probably/hopefully won't though). Ocramweb seems a little busy though, so I don't know when it'll be.

Edit: Spoke to Ocramweb, he might have the new config sometime after tuesday smile_o.gif stay tuned.

Ok, as I promise:

pistols.gif after another big fight against restrictions.

. . . and a good chainsaw wink_o.gif

paperv2.jpg

Here is the first Bio News Paper made of the trees of Saralite

Gone to cut more trees,I'll be back

---------------------------------

=DST= OcramWeb

Haha rofl.gif good one Ocramweb!

Send me the config when your'e done (you can send it over email, McNools@gmail.com) So I can put it in the island with updated textures and put it up at rapidshare smile_o.gif

I'm back... and be kicking soon.

Awesome smile_o.gif I was worried you had dissappeared or something :O

Aye, me too. Can't wait for the next version. smile_o.gif

first forest

olive2.png

olive1.png

and after a nice holliday and a few Hex editing second forest:

Saralitev1sm.png

Saralitev2sm.png

hard work, I have been working like a dog, i wasn't sleeping like a log ...  rofl.gif

----------------------------

=DST= OcramWeb

Yeah, great job biggrin_o.gif how do you do that? by hex-editing the .wrp? well, anyway, send it to me when your'e done smile_o.gif I've done a little more work on the textures on the map etc. it looks great so far smile_o.gif

It does take it's time !

saralitev2 x1.png

saralitev2 x2.png

...but I think it's worth it  inlove.gif

PS: I think I am around 65% of job done;to make Saralite Island look lot warmer, if anybody want to make a suncream addon...

-------------------------

=DST= Ocramweb

Looks excellent mate smile_o.gif

And jerryhopper, note that I'm the one who made all the textures for the island, Ocramweb reconfigured it, changed files etc. to make it standalone and to reduce the vegetation etc. wink_o.gif (just looked a bit like in the thing you wrote that you thought Ocramweb made it all by himself)

(although the work Ocramweb has done, and is doing, has taken more time than the work I've done ;D also, I'm working abit more on the textures as we speak).

Oh, and ocram, maybe you could reduce the number of insects etc.? since it's a very dry climate, there should be too much insects.

i think this is nice.

Im testing it and its faster then the other version (southpart only with vegetation)

Would be nice to have all Island like this.

Looks excellent mate smile_o.gif

And jerryhopper, note that I'm the one who made all the textures for the island, Ocramweb reconfigured it, changed files etc. to make it standalone and to reduce the vegetation etc.  wink_o.gif (just looked a bit like in the thing you wrote that you thought Ocramweb made it all by himself)

(although the work Ocramweb has done, and is doing, has taken more time than the work I've done ;D also, I'm working abit more on the textures as we speak).

Oh, and ocram, maybe you could reduce the number of insects etc.? since it's a very dry climate, there should be too much insects.

My mistake ! I shouldn't show my work on this topic,McNools I made your Dry Sahrani island work as a stand alone,made the anim, took out some trees from the map and reworked the configs,effect grass,wind...etc (20 hours of work) on Dry Southern Sahranie.and I gave you v1.1 on your island.

wich i shared with you with pleasure.

But I never said that I was also going to give you this one wink_o.gif

What I do is a brand new Island, I have now more than 80 hours of works on it and it is not finished yet,no worries McNools I am not taking your textures at all, I do all the layer changes myself ... and as I am not stopping at taking trees out, I'll open a new subject soon, to push my island further and not misleading with yours. on my side 70 % of job done for now.

Regarding your request on taking out or diminishing the wildlife

on your Island,I ll do this for you soon, and post the link or mp it to you, so you can carry on with your texturing work for Dry southern sahrani and release your Island pretty soon I hope.

I think it is good to have different surrounding under arma waiting for the tools, so long life dry southern sahrani.

--------------------

=DST= OcramWeb

Ah, I see, well, I'm looking forward for your version. Still, I think you should have alerted me earlier that you were going solo.

Edit: Also, I released my final version on the first page.

Brilliant! Is there any chance of someone sticking a mirror up for v1.2? I'm having trouble trying to download it.

Daniel @ April 29 2007,20:47)]Brilliant! Is there any chance of someone sticking a mirror up for v1.2? I'm having trouble trying to download it.

There's a new mirror in the first post now smile_o.gif

(or just click here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1006 )