Sign in to follow this  
ThePredator

Authentic sound & weapon Mod

We have updated the mirror on Armaholic.com with version 0.13 now as well.

Download from this page.

For the m134, sound does not correspond to the fire rate, but maybe my feeling is wrong.

Well, then I have to look into that soon.

The issue is the synchronization. Correct firing rate and the old sound does not fit...for now I don't have a better replacement, so I have to stick to the default files.

I have to create burst sounds for MP5 series and 2A42 cannon and rg has to enhance the sounds.

I am sorry for the issues, but I am all alone modifing the config... I am glad I have some help with the sounds.

Just the M16 single shot and burst (burst still needs some tweaking) are in this version (0.13) as well as the AK47 and 74. The M4 single shot is still the old and doesn’t have the “enhancement†and fadeout. I finished the sniper rifles and will work on the machine guns next. Even though I'm doing little "tweaks", it's time consuming.

BTW, that old clip I made was in stereo and sadly this game does not support stereo sounds at 44100, instead the sounds have to be mono at 22050 (the highs disappear and the surround effect is gone), so that is a HUGE difference right there, but I will make best with what I can. “I’m a saaad panda†– sad_o.gifrofl.gif

Yes, the installation is a bit confusing, but maybe this will be solved later.

For now, I am working on the configs. But half the values are unknown and not listed anywhere. More like guessing what is used for what.

Irritating is the reloadtime, which actually defines the rate of fire. First game with that approach.

Since the sounds will be re-done by rg, I have some time on my hand to split the sound mod and config mod.

Stay tuned.

very happy to read this.

hope to see your sound mod only soon.

It's work like this that makes the game worth buying...

Looking forward to hear the weapons like they're supposed to sound...

Thanks guys!

/Abbe

Yeah, no need to hurry Pred and rg7621. We appreciate your work anyway wink_o.gif

I'll dl the newest version asap!

regards

Hey Pred, I was wondering if in Armed Assualt, that we will actually be able to modify or change the sound effects in AA, I tried it in the demo and i got an error.

Well, as you can see in the preview video it is possible. Don't know why the demo causes errors.

Well it's a demo anyway.

Well my current bullet noise sound is quite similar. But it appears to me, this sniper round ain't supersonic anymore...

True, but it would be worth while for people to remember that not every round will 'crack' (as it reaches the speed of sound) directly overhead of your location i.e. within earshot. Many will crack some distance away (especially from longer range weapons such as sniper rifles) and simply 'whizz' past as this one did.

Thanks for the work on this, look forward to giving it a go once its nearer or at final stage. I personally very much dislaike the sounds in Arma (although I very much like Arma tounge2.gif), it sounds like ur at an indoor firing range every time a unit within 75 m of u fires a weapon (aside from sounds of weapons being very dull)

Gl on this

True,  but it would be worth while for people to remember that not every round will 'crack' (as it reaches the speed of sound) directly overhead of your location i.e. within earshot.  Many will crack some distance away (especially from longer range weapons such as sniper rifles) and simply 'whizz' past as this one did.

I'm happy you pointed this out.

Right now it's a little bit kinda crackomania. It's ok when the supersonic crack is there but not ALWAYS and not always right on the spot the player is. Should be hearable from different distances.

From my point of view the bullet whizz adds much more to the dense atmosphere during battle. Very important are too the impact sounds when bullet hit the floor, iron, wood or else.

Did anybody play Rainbow Six Vegas? I think the sounds are world class. Makes a lot of atmosphere.

As I understand it, the "whiz" is the sound of a bullet tumbling end-over through the air. I hear the same thing at the range when one bounces off the ground. I love that sound. tounge2.gif

So, I'm pretty sure only tumbling rounds make that sound. That happens after a certain distance, if it skips, or hits something. It'd be cool. smile_o.gif

Hey Predator, I've messed with the config from your mod a little more to get things a little more realistic. For instance, the M2 machinegun now can turn a full 360 degree arc. (That really had me ticked off in the editor) Also, I've edited the missiles, explosives, HE shells, etc. to have a more realistic blast radius and effect. PM me if you want it. BTW, I LOVE your sound mods! notworthy.gif

I apologise for sounding a little thick, but am I to just repack the weapons .pbo with your config file in it?(Im just not sure what to do with the confin.bin.

Thanks

Thanks for all the comments.

I could use some help by someone who speaks fluent cpp'ish.

I don't have a clue what most of the values are, and they are not selfexplaning.

Send me over the changes only (not the whole config, since I have a commented cpp for personal use for my mod).

I will look into it and if it fits into my sense of realism (which is like hardcore at times) I will add those entries and give proper credits to the contributor.

Hey Predator, do you have an email or something that I can send the edited config file to? Right now my changes are:

Shortened fuse of handgrenade to 3 sec instead of 5sec

M2 now swings a full 360 degree arc

All HE shells and rockets have much more fragmentation firepower(blast radius)

AT missiles blast radius increased to 1.5m from 0.2m (you're gonna die if one lands right beside you)

Coming soon:

Ammo loads, accuracy, and rate of fire of all weapons edited to REAL world standards and tolorances yay.gif

The_Evil_One

Since The predator might use your config, consider making the following Change.

Change the aidispersion values - increase them (try roughly double and go from there). it makes the firefights a little better with the ai (they shoot more hit less). That way you aren't shot at 100 meters with 1 bullet. This is especially useful for the heavy machine guns and vehicle bound weapons. You should consider mutliplying those one's by 3. And it doesn't affect the players values or aiming (as modifiying dispersion values does).

Thanks for considering it. Its what I have done with his edited weapons config. I'm not 100% set on specific values yet, but what I said above is a definate improvement.

Sounds are very good Predator BTW. The only sounds I'm not real happy with are the M249 and the AK74. The AK74 is barely discernable from the M16 / m4/

Actually I'd rather you didn't change the AI dispersion. You can modify precisionEnemy and precisionFriendly values in your profile file and that is an easier and better way of making firefights last longer.

I feel kinda stupid asking this question but how can i do this "5. Create a shortcut for ArmA with the command line parameter -nosplash (no intros) and -Mod=@ModWar (to launch the game with my mod)" ? confused_o.gif How can i edit shortcut ? huh.gif

right click your ArmA shortcut and click 'properties', in the target line at the end after the "" add -nosplash -mod=@ModWar

The AK-74 and M4 (or M16) sounds are distinct. You can hear the difference.

I won't change the AI accuracy for now, since they could be well trained. The accuracy over long distance is another issue, this could be modified by rate of fire on given distance (single shot).

BIS has to fix the game, not me.