Sign in to follow this  
The-Pain

V.I.R.U.S.

Can't read any negative statement Al Simmons... The game isn't running on some systems... Thats normal for all games appeard in history isn't it?

I've read one: by burns. And i thought, you've made a mod... now it is an own game? wow_o.gif

Can't read any negative statement Al Simmons... The game isn't running on some systems... Thats normal for all games appeard in history isn't it? I don't know if the PC-Action had a choice but why don't you go and ask them? I will said it again the game runs on all securom protected version. No exception. If you have trouble why don't you go and look in our forums? The most questions and troubles disappeared there...

@ Moderators: Please close the thread, over.

Well, if you dont read any negative posts before you must be blind.

The mod is running only with securom protected ArmA versions, there are not only "some" systems where its not working its the most of all foreign (non german) players that cant use the mod.

You didnt answered my question: "did the PC-action had a choice between your mod and others?" Well i think you know the answer.

Guest Ti0n3r

lol, Sled, you've done it again...

Better stop critizising him now or he´ll possibly not only close this topic but also his game studio confused_o.gif

I still find it strange that a mod needs 1.01 exe to work properly ... well, who cares - nobodys perfect wink_o.gif

"did the PC-action had a choice between your mod and others?" Well i think you know the answer.

I often wonder that myself. How can it be the mod of the year (or whatever their award was) when it was the only mod of the year? confused_o.gif

Please do not download before 15.00h today.

Then better don't put the link there, as it's quite hard to say which 15.00h you mean (timezone?)...

Patch v1.18 arrives soon and there are some real big changes.

Here is one: The new US-Marines

sc1ya1.jpg

sc2pp5.jpg

More images in the official thread for the Patch v1.18 in our forums here

will this version be compatible with all versions of Armed Assault this time. If not what versions will it be compatible with

cheers, Impi

This time it will be probably available for the starforce-protected versions and the securom-protected versions.

Yepp, isn't the original size i know. But it fits better to the jungle with this camo.

Well why not spend some time and make the addons look better?

I mean the scheme looks good and all but its way out there for size.

If you already know this, why make screens and put it out as if its done!?

More quality...less quanity. Your mod would be a lot better if you spent some time on it getting things proper instead or promoting half done work.

Well why not spend some time and make the addons look better?

I mean the scheme looks good and all but its way out there for size.

If you already know this, why make screens and put it out as if its done!?

More quality...less quanity. Your mod would be a lot better if you spent some time on it getting things proper instead or promoting half done work.

No need to be an ass aboot it eh. confused_o.gif

Only for the facts:

We can download this 1.3GB V.I.R.U.S.-Mod and (only) Patch v1.18. Will we get happier playing? smile_o.gif

Lol, this are the final ones. I wont change the textures, like I said they fit better to the environment with bigger pixels... The mod shouldn't be that realistic...

EDIT: Yes you have to download the full-version of 1.3 GB and the patch (size still unknown).

Here a little vid about the upcoming version, made in a mp-mission.

Youtube Link

Full Download for external player (54MB)

Patch v1.18 arrives soon and there are some real big changes.

Here is one: The new US-Marines

[mg]http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/8017/sc1ya1.jpg[/img]

[mg]http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/473/sc2pp5.jpg[/img]

More images in the official thread for the Patch v1.18 in our forums here

WoW those textures are so extremly awesome i ill never reach that level of perfection :O

And they are so extremely realistic. How much time did you spend doing research? i mean that must have been years. :O !11

COULD you please write some tuturials about how to texture like this? its looking photorealeastic i mean thats so amazing and your whole mod is so perfect OMG :O 11!!11! notworthy.gif

I am really looking forward to any other contributions for the community. YOU ARE THE MASTER. notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

thumbs-up.gif

LOL... funny guy huh?

The research for some realistic points in Virus took a few days. The texturing itself is no problem, but you have to take care about the wrinkles in the clothes. I think someone released a very good .psd-file for texturing units. What we prefere is the gameplay not the high-realism you can create with armed assault.

Normal-Maps are the key in Armed Assault.

Take a look: clicky

BTW: Your unit's look a whole bunch better.

LOL...

The research for some realistic points in Virus took a few days. The texturing itself is no problem, but you have to take care about the wrinkles in the clothes. I think someone released a very good .psd-file for texturing units. What we prefere is the gameplay not the high-realism you can create with armed assault.

WoW yes thats what we are talking about. i tried to create some marines too but i failed miserably (http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=61001) . They suck compared to your masterpiece. I mean look at mine and then at yours the diffrence is so hughe :O OMG111!!11 smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  yay.gif
Normal-Maps are the key in Armed Assault.

Take a look: clicky

What the heck is a normal map. Never heard of it. Is it that piece you can put your beacon sandwich on ?  How do you create them? that looks sooo awesome please marry adam inlove.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

OMG11!!1

You're better not kidding us Jonny! wink_o.gif We all know your Marines are high-quality. So there is no need to tell you how to create good looking textures! wink_o.gif

CLICK HERE! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

LOL...

WoW yes thats what we are talking about. i tried to create some marines too but i failed miserably (http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=61001) . They suck compared to your masterpiece. I mean look at mine and then at yours the diffrence is so hughe :O OMG111!!11 smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifyay.gif

Is you being sure that that be the right john?