Sign in to follow this  
The-Pain

V.I.R.U.S.

Thx Aj

here another little vid... nothign special I think... Youtubed

click

A few new pics of the new M40 coming with the patch 1.18...

sc6ok2.jpg

sc7bu7.jpg

And what plane do we have here??? xmas_o.gifwink_o.gif

sc8yr6.jpg

Ok the german patch is out now... The main features are the new Marines and the M40A1 Sniper. We also fixed some bugs.

The international Version will be up tomorrow morning or today evening! So everyone can play it with all versions! wink_o.gif

DOWNLOAD (420MB) (www.armaholic.com)

The 2 little trailers to this version again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0hJ_g2oeAQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpu9rnHUBmQ

Hi guys

a number of questions. Where is the link for the download for the international version?... i think you promised it for yesterday evening, or this morning

And will all versions definitely be able to play it this time around?

cheers, Impi

Yep... but we decided to include some additional stuff to Patch 1.20... so 1.18 is just to fix the hardest bugs. We had trouble to convert Virus to version 1.05 but we managed it so far and are still uploading the complete file! smile_o.gif Just hold a second. smile_o.gif The transfer should be completed tomorrow in the worst case!

Virus based on 1.05 with version 1.20. So it can be played without any special exe-file. Just start it like all other mods. smile_o.gif

xmas_o.gif

Sorry for the waiting-time

Here is the changelog and DL-Link:

>GAMEPLAY<

- increased performance about 15%

- changed the 3rd person view

- added german and english subtitled campaign

- fixed the grass issue

- fixed some bugs in the missions

- changed core version to 1.05

>ADDONS<

- Added a M40A1 Sniper in jungle camo

- Added normalmaps to walls

- changed Marine-textures

- changed some weapon values

The download link is following:

DOWNLOAD (1,29GB)

BUT NOTE!!! Please download the file first on the 3rd June 2007 (GMT+1). Estimated time after this post: 5 hours!

This is a complete NEW version of Virus. No Patch! So you needn't version 1.1 of virus.

This version works with all Armed Assault version which are patched to 1.05. I never tested it with the 1.07 beta or 1.05 beta because i don't think they are compitable.

I thought I'd try this mod out just to see whats going on.

The installer wont install. It just locks up.

Is this just me?

The installer of Version 1.1 needs soem time... Give him 10min+... But I would say you wait a little time and dl 1.20!

Sure it works... I just noticed the download cannot work now because its the same file name... so wait till tomorrow then the link works... xmas_o.gif

Thats 2 installers advertised as working and 2 that dont work.

Thats 2 GB+ worth of downloading for nothing.

wth? crazy_o.gif

I'm getting a shader error when I try to run -mod=@virus...any ideas?

edit: I got it to work by replacing all the BIS pbo's in the addons folder with VIRUS ones (I backed up the BIS ones of course).

Still, I couldn't actually play any missions. The BIS campaign was renamed to "VIRUS" and I couldn't find the virus campaign.

Also, all of the new weapon sounds are exactly the same with the exception of the USMC sniper rifle.

@Canadian Terror... As I said you have to wait... give him 10min or something like this.. the progress status doesn't wor with this installer...

@Scubaman: Have you deleted the old Virus-files? Otherwise it wont work. It also works only with 1.05. You cannot copy the v.i.r.u.s.pbo into your standard campaign folder... than it wont work. you will have to start it with the -mod parameter.. And dont use the old V.I.R.U.S. exe...

If it works only like you said... Remove the ca.pbo out of the campaign folder...

But don't froget to delete all old addons from virus... Try to make a new clean installation smile_o.gif

I may forget it to say but this is no PATCH!!! This is a completly new version! So delete your old files before installing.

Did you release patch on Czech version of Arma ?

There is no patch... This version is compitable with all language versions of arma.

I have problems with campaign. The ANN sahrani thing never shows up, just skips it with some error message. The transport mission dont seem to ever end so I did a "ENDMISSION" cheat on it but cant progress past that mission. What's wrong?

Also, at start of Transport I got some error message about radio this or other was missing. Some kind of radio message I assume.

@Virus Team or anyone else - please help. Thank you for your work on the MOD and help in advance, smile_o.gif

I am experiencing problems with the Virus MOD. I have the US version 1.6 and also have the newest beta of 1.7.

The REAL problem... I try to start the game and I receive this error - "ERROR COMPILING PIXEL SHADER PSSPECULAR ALPHA". Any clues or help? please? smile_o.gif

My System

AMD 4200 x2 64 dual core

Windows XP Pro SP2

GT7800 Video card

2 gig corsair mem

all updated drivers and DX9

Cheers

CJ

@mamasan8: Try to get rid of the ca.pbo in your campaigns folder! smile_o.gif

@caj190: Well you just told us a new issue I didn`t realize... The US Version 1.06... V.I.R.U.S. is 1.05 now... But keep cool we will search for a solution now! smile_o.gif I will inform you about any updates... You can conatct me in ICQ if you want...

Just wondering why the MP5K as carried by the US NAVY SEAL (who has a Marine Corp EGA logo on his right arm which is slightly odd) has an ejection port on both sides, neither of which lines up with where the rounds seem to be ejected from when its fired...

The MP5K wasn't really final... That's why it's not used in the game right now... But it will fidn place in some SP-Mission following soon... About the MC-Sign... Must be a mistake by me...

@mamasan8: Try to get rid of the ca.pbo in your campaigns folder! smile_o.gif

@caj190: Well you just told us a new issue I didn`t realize... The US Version 1.06... V.I.R.U.S. is 1.05 now... But keep cool we will search for a solution now! smile_o.gif I will inform you about any updates... You can conatct me in ICQ if you want...

Thank You Sled... I am sorry I gave you something else to think about with 1.06. LOL smile_o.gif

I look forward to playing the Virus MOD in the future.

Cheers

CJ

Hey Sled. Just wanted to report a problem that I had. The very first mission, the lighthouse one, is that one suppossed to be played at night? Mine plays during the middle of the day and it seems almost impossible to get off the lighthouse hill without getting shot, let alone get all the way to Chantico. I messed with the mission some and merged it to the normal sahrani map and when I re-tested it played at night, which is much more playable, and makes much more sense. Really doesn't make any sense to take out a lighthouse during the day. Is that a bug, or something that someone else has mentioned?

Nah it's no bug.... I don't like nightmission you know wink_o.gif