Sign in to follow this  
The-Pain

V.I.R.U.S.

No you can't... We started to developed the mod with version 1.01... We couldn't update it to 1.05... because nothing worked then...

And that's why you will need this stupid 1.01 virus exe to launch the game... Was there a special patch for the downloaded versions of arma? don't think so... the onyl solution I have would be that someone give me a 1.01 exe of the dled version. And someone a 1.01 exe of the starforce one...

crazy_o.gif

We just noticed that 2 files get corruoted during the upload... BIG SORRY for that!

Patch is on the way... We will also upload the complete file again!

Ok file updated... just dl it again... or dowload the 2 hotfixes from our forum... banghead.gif

Do I install the mod V.I.R.U.S and when trying to begin him, does he ask me to install the addon CMCD 1ID, the where I find this file?

Could you please post a pic of that issue? huh.gif

Any feedback here? huh.gif

Working on the english-patch!

I am really frustrated with this. I downloaded once and kept on getting something about config bin and women saboteur, before a crash. Then I saw on Armaholic that there were add on fixs.I tried this and same result. On BAC forum they said that you could download it again from there site with the fixed site. So 4 hours later it was downloaded and still the same problem. Is the full version on your web site the new one? Anyway , if other members think this mod is so good, I might try downloading it again. IF there is a clear link to the updated full version that does not need any fixes.

impi

does this MOD work with the Downloaded Version of ArmA? (Not the illegal)

@Impi: You must have a clear addon folder of your arma. Only the original files are allowed in there.

The correct Download-Link is this: DOWNLOAD

No thats wrong... Just read a few previous posts, it runs on every version but the arma-game have to be protected by securom, it will not work with starforce or the downloaded version.

well I did what you suggested and the game crashed again.

Just before it crashes I get this message

No entry 'bin\config.cpp\cfgvehicles\soldierGBwoman'

and after it crashes I get the following message included in the error report.

c\document~1\Impi\locals~1\Temp\99d5-appcompat.txt

Do you understand whats wrong and how to fix it?

I'd like to try this mod but I can't get it working.  Just to get some clarrification here...

I've never really given a thought as to which version has which copy protection.

Can someone clue me in?  Please don't spam me if this is all wrong, but here are the versions of ArmA (I think) I know about:

-------------------------------------------------

Version:                        Copy protection:

Czech/German retail - ?

Czech/German download - ?

505 European retail - ?

505 European download - ?

Atari US retail - ?

Atari US download - ?

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks!

fyi- I have 505 European retail

Czech and german are dieffernet versions. Th czech one os protected by starforce and the polish one too. All the other versions are protecte with securom. So it should work fine on your version.

@impi: What arma version do you have? When did you downloaded it?

List of ArmA protections:

StarForce - Czech, Polish and Russian

SecuROM - German

SoftWrap - SPROCKET version

And these are only Armed Assault protections, I don't know what is included in Combat Operations.

I still don't why is special EXE needed to launch the mod.

I metioned it a few times Gaia... Because we started the development in v1.01. It's not that easy to convert them to version 1.05...

Well I think what people are curious about is whats so special about the mod that it can't be launched by just adding it into the shortcut like a normal mod folder?

I have a number of points for you guys.

The version I have is the english language dvd bought in the uk.

Second point is why is this so hard to get this going for so many people, it's kind of ridiculous. I downloaded the Swiss Army Mod at the same time as your one and no problems. It installs and you play it fine. But for yours we have to go thru hoops and roundabouts. Come on guys sort it out!

It would seem that the mod isn't that well thought through then?

The pbos in the mod are v1.01. Thats why you need Version 1.01 of Arma to play it, and thats why there is a special exe which pull back arma to v1.01. If any guy thing he can fix these 3 gigs of pbos to version 1.05, you are free to do this. Why the Switzerland mod is running without problems is the fact that it is no total coversion like virus is... Virus replaces nearly all pbo files of armed assault. And if guys think that the nearly 7 month of development brought nothing, then do it but post reason why at all.

Go to vacation now... goodnight.gif

F*ck!

The game crashs every time when the menu should appear and the windows-error tab appears =(

Why?

I download 1,36gb for nothing ¬¬

BTW: Do i have to erase AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL the addons non-original?

Please, don't say me yes sad_o.gif

At first i wanted to try your Campaign and reskin pack but after reading all those negative statements here i changed my mind. It seems your making the same mistakes like you have done for your OFP projects.

And after all, did those german magazines had any choice between your Project and other mods before voting your Project? I think there wasnt much competion thats why this award is worth nothing. You just impressed a bunch of non-ArmA/OFP players with some nice screenshots or trailers which where showing basic ArmA-stuff with a new texture.

Can't read any negative statement Al Simmons... The game isn't running on some systems... Thats normal for all games appeard in history isn't it? I don't know if the PC-Action had a choice but why don't you go and ask them? I will said it again the game runs on all securom protected version. No exception. If you have trouble why don't you go and look in our forums? The most questions and troubles disappeared there...

@ Moderators: Please close the thread, over.