Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Be 32K

forgot whats left to fix..

what I know its only the door, that i think i will leave as it is. Didn't find anything that said it couldn't be like that during my 2 min research on google..

So i will bin, upload, make a readme.. and do the Alouette at the same time.. then my UN air project will retire for a while.

Will probably release my UN peackeeping forces at the same time, just because, and retire even more from arma.. will be back later for sure. Just same i took a break before xmas.

OK, GranQ, any update will be welcome smile_o.gif

No prob with the door, it's just cosmetic, in my opinion.

Malick

take a look at the UN model in the editor it appears that the wheels and propellors are painte dover in white too. other than that great work on the aircraft. No other bugs to report

ok, would like 3-5 beta players to test this for a week and report bugs.. AND make some "good" (they don't have to be so fancy) demo missions..

Exemple of demo missions have to include:

Overview (if singelplayer)

Briefing

Endtriggers

Include the be32.. flyable, as a transport, as an objective to kill.. doesn't matter.

Exemple of demo missions could be:

Pilot:

SF Insertions, (fly the plane under radar to a place)

Bombmissions, take out enemy factory/stronghold

Cargo, fly between different airports on Sahrani.. time records.

Your own creativity.

If you onto making a UN mission I will give you a WIP of my UN soldier, jeep and alouette II..

HOWEVER, I mostly want Be32 standalone stuff..

so anyone up for the challange?

I'm already in the process of making a fairly large mission using your plane as the primary transport for paratroopers.

I could cut it down as a demo mission though.

I'm already in the process of making a fairly large mission using your plane as the primary transport for paratroopers.

I could cut it down as a demo mission though.

nothing wrong with big missions.. as long its fully working (endtriggers and stuff)..

Can send the file later tonight to you or something like that.. got one strange visual bug left.. really annoying.

I have a heavily modified version of Domination you might want to take a look at. Its rather Add On intensive PM if you would like

I'm game.

I can probably whip up something fairly fast. smile_o.gif I'll get back to you after the weekend when I have time to work on it. xmas_o.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

i was wondering if you had taken a look at the vulcan B2 thats available on armedassault.info. It releases all its bombs at once like a B26 or B17 instead of one at a time. Is there a way to impliment this into your aircraft?

i was wondering if you had taken a look at the vulcan B2 thats available on armedassault.info. It releases all its bombs at once like a B26 or B17 instead of one at a time. Is there a way to impliment this into your aircraft?

yeah.. did that on the b52 for vte mod.

Had like rapid release, and spread out..

can do the same for be32.

also, still looking for beta players.

GranQ,

Have any luck yet in implimenting the bomb script? I figure out how to launch them (salvo=6). and to get the right timing ( reloadtime=.05) but how do we get the spread?

GranQ,

Have any luck yet in implimenting the bomb script? I figure out how to launch them (salvo=6). and to get the right timing ( reloadtime=.05) but how do we get the spread?

that is fixed.. (well, hope people are happy with the different modes)..

also finaly got the damage texture to work, been trying for months..

the fault was that BIS pbo tool doesn't copy the rvmat as it should..

Anyway, as I am writing this I am uploading the probably last version (some other versions might be released for ACE mod and so on)..

Now I declare the Be32 final.. please check first post within minutes.

Question for GranQ or anyone else tounge2.gif

I've been trying the following thing :

I put an empty Be32K on Paraiso airport, along with a pilot on the ground, near this plane.

Then, I put a waypoint which orders the pilot to :

- move in the plane as a driver. For this, I use :

piloteUS moveInDriver planeUS ;

and it works.

- shut the engine off. I use the action command like this:

piloteUS action ["ENGINEOFF", planeUS] ;

The plane's engine starts and the plane take off huh.gif

- open the back door of the plane. I use the animate command like this:

piloteUS animate ["RC_Be32Door",1] ;

But the door doesn't open either.

All commands are put in the "On action" field of the pilot's waypoint, one after the other like this :

piloteUS moveInDriver planeUS ; piloteUS action ["ENGINEOFF", planeUS] ; piloteUS animate ["RC_Be32Door",1] ;

Like mentioned, the two last commands don't work whereas it works for a same situation with a soldier and a shilka (movein and engineOFF at least).

To sum everything up, I'd like a pilot to get in the plane, open its back door, and the plane to stand still (engine off), while waiting for further orders from a trigger (not yet implemented).

Any idea ?

huh.gif

You're trying to animate the pilot.

try

piloteUS assignAsDriver planeUS; piloteUS moveInDriver planeUS ; piloteUS action ["ENGINEOFF", planeUS] ; vehicle piloteUS animate ["RC_Be32Door",1] ;

( Object animate ["animationName", phase] )

ODEN @ Mar. 17 2008,17:27)]You're trying to animate the pilot.

try

piloteUS assignAsDriver planeUS; piloteUS moveInDriver planeUS ; piloteUS action ["ENGINEOFF", planeUS] ; vehicle piloteUS animate ["RC_Be32Door",1] ;

( Object animate ["animationName", phase] )

Many thanks to [ASA]ODEN,

Now, the door does open notworthy.gif

BUT

this pilot doesn't shut the engine off confused_o.gif

Any idea ? huh.gif

EDIT : I solved this with a trigger. And instead of everything I mentioned, I've chosen to open the door of the empty plane at start with this animate ["RC_Be32Door",1], and to make the pilot shut it off when he's in yay.gif

I granQ !

thank you for your work

I've done two texture for my lanparty use, for UN and US version, if u want I can send you the paa and psd.

Here the example

I apply some texture to the surface to looks just more real, and some stuff UN & USAF.

If u like I send you smile_o.gif

http://www.alessiobaruffi.it/reskin/32us.jpg

http://www.alessiobaruffi.it/reskin/32un.jpg

Sorry one question, why you have removed the civilian version? It was very useful...

Another question :

I've found your advice to use eject with a trigger :

1) Name your plane, in the name field (maybe plane1)

2) create the trigger or what you like for it to "activate" (waypoint works too) and write:

[plane1] exec "\RC_Be32K\scripts\eject.sqs"

This works, but I've noticed that when you are driver, you can inform the passengers of the plane when they must eject via a system of red/green lights.

I've noticed a script in your pbo file : system.sqf

It seems to contain these informations of green/red lights.

How can I use this system for my mission ? Is it possible ?

Thanks.

EDIT : by putting

nil = [plane,0] execVM "\Rc_be32k\scripts\system.sqf";

in the trigger I want to use, the ejection occurs (just like using

[plane] exec "\RC_Be32K\scripts\eject.sqs"

But no Red light/Green light sequence...

Any idea ?

Sorry one question, why you have removed the civilian version? It was very useful...

i am lazy.. maybe reinclude it later on. However for now I will leave the be32 and work some on other stuff..

oh and Nikoo, i wrote the eject.sqs, while Armatech wrote the system with red/green lights. I will see if he can answer your qustion.

Ok, thanks.

Should I contact him ? Or do you invite him back on this topic ?