Sign in to follow this  
dslyecxi

Infantry, prepare to be amazed

Wow, I never really played like this because of this verry issue, I just adjusted to the situation and walked the most parts without sights on, but as I don't use the crosshair this got me killed more times then was pleasant. This will allow us to engage the right way smile_o.gif

Don't know how you've got a hold of this, but I thank you for sharing. smile_o.gif

Looks promising  smile_o.gif

PS. I'll have to update my avatar then so just the arms move biggrin_o.gif

Thank god they made this fix! I don't know why, but it seems weird to me that people weren't really complaining about this. This was probably the biggest iron sight issue in this game; the fact that your "head camera" was locked to the gun. I talk about this issue here as well as some other things. http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....=rg7621

I don't know if they had this planned for a while (but why release all the other versions with the view locked) or they listened to somebody in the community, but either way thank god they made this fix!

thats we get used to this kind of recoil in OFP confused_o.gif

I don't know if they had this planned for a while (but why release all the other versions with the view locked) or they listened to somebody in the community, but either way thank god they made this fix!

whistle.gif

Goooo biggrin_o.gif

I'm gonna love it.

But SAW seemed to have almost no recoil? That's odd. Or was it just my imagination?

We should really see the difference between 5.56 recoil and 7.62 when shooting hand-held on the move... I saw a clip of a guy firing an M14 on full-auto burst from standing, he couldnt hit a thing at 100 metres, same guy with an M16 was consistently hitting his target though (not every round of course, but about 1 in 5).

But SAW seemed to have almost no recoil? That's odd. Or was it just my imagination?

It could probably use some tweaking, but please pay careful attention when I'm firing at people with the SAW. There are lots and lots of missed shots due to the weapon recoiling. The firing rate is the primary reason it's still effective in such a situation, and that's basically how it should be.

Can you strafe/walk and shoot a PKM/M240 looking thru irons and spit 200 rounds thru it like that? I mean you wont even have to stop shooting while switching targets on the move.

Did you pay attention to how often I missed even at close range? I wouldn't be too worried about this being "abused". As to recoil and such, this brings some new aspects into play and I'm sure that there will be tweaks to various weapon recoils now that things work more naturally.

Well, i really like how they detached the head from the rifles when using the sights (good improvement) but that SAW use seems exagerated compared with the MP5. The way you "manuever" and handle it just like any other smaller rifle... lack of recoil, etc.

If you ever do another movie put some of the red targets down range and shown us some walk shooting with the assault rifles.

Thanks for sharing smile_o.gif .

249 recoil vid!

The guy isnt shooting on the move, he isnt aiming at a specific target, when he looks thru sights he uses controled bursts and that SAW isnt even belt fed confused_o.gif .

Forgot to mention that mod seemed to have a much lighter barrel and a front handgrip...

all the above is true heatseeker! smile_o.gif

just pointing out that some ppl-including me!!! thought that weapon should have a ridiculous recoil on it! smile_o.gif

Now how can this be abused to bring realistic M203 sights ingame...

But great improvement.

Pretty ridiculous that the recoil have NO affect on you vision.

It still is an improvement, but it would be nice to see something inbetween the ways it is handled in 1.05 and whatever version that was using.

smile_o.gifinlove.gif BIS wink_o.gif It looks great, let's see how it works out ingame.

BTW, it's not the first time that BIS listened to the ArmA Players .... Even though some ppl still complain about it.. the flight model has been revised (a few times?), and is also revised again for 1.05 or am I wrong? Im probably forgetting other times aswell wink_o.gif

I loved the video, great improvement. Now its actually worth using ironsight instead of "crosshair" close-up. SAW has very little recoil compared to PK for example (in-game).

It seems to be added to 1.05 changelog: 5133 - Fixed: Iron sight view no longer strictly tied to a weapon.

My english level is not as good as expected ^^, maybe i'm wrong.

My love in BIS is restored. Damn fine work. Love the whole smoothness and movement..it just looks and I am sure will feel so much more realistic. Great for moving in towns etc. Big thumbs up from me!

It could probably use some tweaking, but please pay careful attention when I'm firing at people with the SAW. There are lots and lots of missed shots due to the weapon recoiling. The firing rate is the primary reason it's still effective in such a situation, and that's basically how it should be.

Seems like you gained valuable seconds because the AIs kneeled or went prone. A human player would probably be less forviging, this new feature doesn't seem exaggereted.

Great news.

At last! I'm very happy whit this fix, we were all waiting for this for so long, i think we deserve it xmas_o.gif

On the other hand: i am currently playing Medal of honor: Pacific assault (2004. game i think) just for fun along with ArmA (demo), and it is implemented there (also COD, BIA etc.), so it would be a shame if it wasn't implemented in ArmA too...

Anyway, thanks BIS! biggrin_o.gif

Edit: And of course, thank you for that great video, Dslyecxi.

Great! I already looked at the changelog smile_o.gif

5133 - Fixed: Iron sight view no longer strictly tied to a weapon.

Now my F5 is going to break while i am pushing it 5 times a sec biggrin_o.gif

249 recoil vid!

Notice how this elegant and clearly well trained individual is firing full auto m16... (sarcasm)

I could find a video like that for almost every infantry weapon including the AK-74...

In arma I can hit human targets with the m249, standing, at 300 meters in full auto with very little missing at all. A practiced arma player can probably do lots better than I can too, lots better. The m249 wielding guy on that video is definately not shooting at 300m. In other words, this video proves very little. Some real m249 soldier might now come claim the effective range is whatever and it can be done, but I care not. If you look at the rest of the arsenal in arma and compare it to this laser beam, there's something wrong.

From what I can read this weapon weighs around 10kilo where an m4 weighs like 3.5. There's a lot of difference between holding up a 10kilo thing and one that weighs just 3.5. That I do know. This has almost zero implication on the game - You can aquire ironsight just as fast. Your hold breath has just as long an effective period. You can keep it shouldered forever. You can run just as fast. Full load is 1200 rounds (! ). In fact the only disadvantage is you can't carry an RPG - Which is a very questionable way to balance things. In fact when aquiring targets (before shooting) I think it's more stable than the lighter weapons, which makes no sense at all.

Try some ctf or other infantry CQB like stuff and I'm sure you'll find people feel they have to force themselves to pick a non-m249 weapon because it has no serious disadvantages. Aim this thing with just crosshair and you got an unbeatable weapon in every way.

A full squad: 8 SAWS and 2 RPG...