Sign in to follow this  
kronzky

Public Ban List

Just got off a server with SGT.FAGOT and what can I say other than he is one seriously troubled individual banghead.gif .. I've seen his type before though and the best thing to do is just switch servers and that's pretty much it, problem is solved smile_o.gif .

there is a nameless jerk going around servers causing nothing but chaos and distruction. this player has a blank space for his name, but i do have his ID#

ID removed by moderator: Ask for ID in PM

i have seen him on many servers, and every time he connects all he does is TK and blow everything at spawn.

there is also another player going around with cheats who can drop bombs anywhere on the map no matter where he is. i have not been able to find who it was as it seems that what ever he is spawning over the map isnt tied in to his kills.

the last time i saw this, 3 towns were reduced to rubble in seconds, and more then half the players both opfor and bluefor were all killed.

Hi all

I agree with DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-'s methodology. The point about this method of punishment is it is instantaneous. It is a form of Pavlovian associative conditioning where you enforcing a proper mode of thought on the aberrant mind of the TKer at the moment of their transgression so they like the dogs associate the pain with wrong behaviour.

I think of the TK as being a little like the Kidd who pulls the wings off a butterfly and then moves up to setting fire to cats and torturing puppies. The next thing you know they are the creepy guy the police have locked up and their basement or wreckers yard is full of bodies.

Basically it is obvious they are a kind of sociopath. They are acting their misplaced sexually based inadequacy in the virtual world because they find it hard to meet sexual partners or can not get it up or are otherwise impotent.

Such sociopaths have extremely short attention spans and prisons do not work for them because justice takes too long for them to associate the punishment with the crime.

For the TK a kick lasts as long as a JIP. And Ban as long as the time to get on another server or apply an ID change.

But like Pavlov's dogs the instant effect of wound matching or kill reversal or my favourite 10 minute keyboard lockout with Setpos to facing a corner in a room is that like the dog receiving a shock to stop it from being incorrectly aggressive the effect is instantaneous.

Doing it by script means they have not even bothered anybody this reinforces the inadequacy of their behaviour and makes it clear they are not even worth the admins time and effort to deal with. The rules are impersonal and implacable. It is no use whining or throwing a tantrum at the TK script it don't have ears.

These options also allow for correction, such as forgive functions, for the occasions when we are all stupid enough to wonder across our buddies field of fire. Who wants to be, or to cause our buddies to be kicked or banned for a mistake that was not theirs and that our buddies would forgive. Admins are loath to admit they got a ban or kick wrong and there are not a few little Hitlers among them.

Such TK sociopaths just need some fast effective conditioning to correct their behaviour; kicking and banning is like waving the white flag; I think we need less of this namby, pamby, whiney; kick and ban rubbish. We need proper effective instantaneous punishment.

Wound em, Kill em and Freeze em I say.

Kind Regards walker

"Father?" - "Yes, son?" - "I want to kill you,

Mother, I want to..."

i dont know why u so wory bout TK, normaly there is Admin, who jobe is to deside what to do, he can chek ID and he can kick, and if its server member he can pass information to server admin who can bann ID. however auto-kick would be nice, if some ideot TK for 3 time in row, with leaving his ID for admin on screen.

"Father?" - "Yes, son?" - "I want to kill you,

Mother, I want to..."

YAOUEIUALLNIGHTBAYBAY!

rofl.gif

But like Pavlov's dogs the instant effect of wound matching or kill reversal or my favourite 10 minute keyboard lockout with Setpos to facing a corner in a room is that like the dog receiving a shock to stop it from being incorrectly aggressive the effect is instantaneous.

LMFAO! that is funny as heck biggrin_o.gif

i made a anti TK script too.

if u TK in spawn or u shoot someone in spawn then u are killed too. simple

u can get this script on the GGX server and its currently on my map North Bases v1.3

To the GBL creater and users:

just wait until someone thinks you cheat or you accidently TK someone they and put your ID on the list... lol

I've only read the last 7 or 8 pages of this. I know it's a problem and have run into the likes of Sgt Fagot...name fits him no doubt... In fact I saw him "in person"..and he is quite disturbed.

Like others have said they not only are TK'ing they have "caught on" and now are destroying the weapons, aircraft and vehicles you need to play.

Can't BIS help out on this with the original key # somehow?huh.gif? I mean get rid of these guys permanently. Ban their game?huh.gif

We do already have the ID numbers to some of the more famous idiots on the banlist. The servers you have been playing on ether dont have the latest list or dont use the list. Maby you should point them to http://www.armagbl.net if there not using it or dont know about it.

Either play the game and have fun, or leave. Thankyou

Oh, and its fully legal to ban someone on a server, because that guy ownes it, pays for it and has the right to say who can and cannot use it  smile_o.gif

As for the idea of a global ban list, i dont like it and personally i will stay clear of any server that uses it, im here to play a game and have fun, not be banned on 1/2 the servers just because some 12yr old admin has gotten the shits with me because of an accident, and i wont go through the headach of proving that im innocent, this is a gaming community, not a court room.

i have to agree here too..  if somebody comes into the server and starts wasting equipment, tk, or just fooling arround.. its prob cus they are bored and not with the action, we try and get them involved with the action, send some instructions to follow.. like goto town xxxx or attack xxxx etc..  

they usually start playing as a team soon after..  if not... you'll soon get a few players asking for admin to kick them etc..  a few words warning usually does the job, if not they get kicked.. and go else where..  

all in all we seem to have regular people joining in our server, chatting and generally having fun..  maybe some servers seem to attract the team killers more than others  pistols.gif  band.gif

You email address is only availble to Admnins ( as long as I set the thing up correctly )

but if yo wish, I can pass it to every man and his dog, and scribble it on a few toilet walls if you realy want, but generally I dont share them out.

Lists like this scare me after the game I just played. After playing for about an hour and a half on one of the few aussie co-op servers I finally get to see some combat, about 4th on the scoreboard, no TK's. Some moron blows up all the gear at the base. I got the boot, tried logging back in thinking it was an accident, Asked why I got the boot.

"Cause you blew up the base, bye." says admin.

Tried getting in again and explaining but no good.

I was so dissapointed.

Well, if you think you have been wrongly banned on the GBL then you can state your case on our appeals forum at the GBL website.

However, the GBL isnt an instant ban and its likely your were only banned from that particular server.

The latest trick by the morons to avoid banning is to Crash vehicles into loaded choppers or such. that way it attributes the team kill to the pilot or Driver of the loaded vehicle. Our Admins now watch all approaching vehicles so they have that drivers ID incase of a ram raid assault.

Well, if you think you have been wrongly banned on the GBL then you can state your case on our appeals forum at the GBL website.

However, the GBL isnt an instant ban and its likely your were only banned from that particular server.

The latest trick by the morons to avoid banning is to Crash vehicles into loaded choppers or such. that way it attributes the team kill to the pilot or Driver of the loaded vehicle. Our Admins now watch all approaching vehicles so they have that drivers ID incase of a ram raid assault.

they did the exact same thing in bf2. least in arma the community have a bit of power to put a stop to this type of idiocy.

Yeah, maybe someone can be scripted in a map to note who blows up empty vehicles or something?

Hopefully I'll be able to play on the server again and the admin (who seems to be one of the regular 30 or so australian players) will see I'm not an idiot.

i always thought they should make choppers invuln to team damage from when the engine is first started to when it leaves the ground, would solve alot of problems.

I've only read the last 7 or 8 pages of this. I know it's a problem and have run into the likes of Sgt Fagot...name fits him no doubt... In fact I saw him "in person"..and he is quite disturbed.

Like others have said they not only are TK'ing they have "caught on" and now are destroying the weapons, aircraft and vehicles you need to play.

Can't BIS help out on this with the original key # somehow?huh.gif? I mean get rid of these guys permanently. Ban their game?huh.gif

I'm hoping that idiot soon gets bored. He obviously gets bullied at school and takes his frsutration out in the game.

He's just a worthless little ****wit who will never amount to anything.

there's a fair few servers running the list now, and it really does seem to work. so fair play to the gbl guys and good job. Had 2 games ruined yesterday so its nice to have places to go, even if they are normally rammed full of people trying to play properly and yuo cant get a slot.

we could easily fill maps with 60+ player slots most nights. problems are;-

1:- not enough large team maps available

2:- The team maps that are out there usually have instant respawn for vehicles = chaos

3:- The game itsels is not a tidy script. Its starts acting up when page file usage reaches 1.21gb ( servers limit is 3 gb ). this limit fills up fast when theres lots of players = frequest server restarts required.

Our public server 2 is currently down for configuration with team game ( C&H/Sector Controll) maps only so well see how well that does.

cool :-) - at the moment i have mission filtered to "berzerk" so i only play on those 95% of the time, the respawn for jeeps etc is 5 minutes which is a bit fast imho but it does the job.