Sign in to follow this  
OrLoK

The TRUE threat to Arma...

hello all

tonight,as i tried in vain to create a descent sp/mp mission, i encountered a real threat to arma gaming....

With no warning whatsoever, one of my 4 kittens bit through my earphone cable, rendering me impotent during testing, resulting in a quick death from a bmp.

Tkers, griefers, fanboys.... none of these are as evil as a kitten.

Once bitten, it had the cheek to gaze up at me with absolute innocence and then wee'd on my new magnum boots.

These creatures are evil and shoud be avoided at all costs.

who knows what devastation it could have caused during a coop game.

You have been warned.

oh also, if you live in the UK and feel like donating a new set of earphones dont hesitate to PM me.

yours in kitty loathing

rgds

LoK

Ps, love em really, just wish they'd buy me a new headset, and they never buy rounds down the pub.

Had a similar thing happen a few years ago - happily playing when all of a sudden ear splitting "BANG!!!" and all power in the house was lost. German Shepherd pup had chewed into a power cord in the bedroom (he was ok, just badly frightened - like me! )

I had my friends kitten chew through my CAT-5 cable during a LAN causing me to boot off the network during a tense game and the rest of the LAN.

But... this thread is kind of...eh... goodnight.gif

I think BIS is working on a fix for this in 1.05. Well they did mention something about animals!  tounge2.gif

I think BIS is working on a fix for this in 1.05. Well they did mention something about animals!  tounge2.gif

They are probably implementing a constant ultrasound noise that scares all animals away from your comp...

But seriously, like MAA3057 said... goodnight.gifgoodnight.gifgoodnight.gif

i too have a major cat problem!

i got tired of them scratching at my "OPS CENTER" gaming room door. got so tired of having to "climb" out of my flight sim cockpit, let the one or two in..then go climb back in, adjust everything (headest, mouse, and track-ir cords and settle in "the pit"..

so i installed a cat door to the room. biggest mistake in my gaming life. if you ver see eratic behavior from me online its because..

-one cat has to be sleeping my lap,

-another kitten enthralled by onscreen track-ir movment, and has to sit right in front and block my view

-another kitten chewing on cords,entanglement

- another kitten finding ways to knock down my 1/18th scale aircraft hanging from ceilings/walls...track-ir off the monitor, or carry my surround sound speakers from one side of room to the other. "wait did that shot come from my left or right??!"

cant wait to find good homes for the luvable, but highly distrating "not during my gaming GUYS!!!" gatos.

do NOT install a cat door!!!!

About the "wildlife":

yesterday in a squadnight I've played a role of Chantico Mayor (unarmed) in assasination attempt... as i lied on the ground in the middle of two cars and bullets were raining on me & bodyguards, what did I do? I watched a butterfly buzzing around my head biggrin_o.gif ahhh, I love ArmA wink_o.gif

p.s. when I play my guinea pig is locked in biggrin_o.gif

And the moral of the story is:

'You shouldn't be playing on your PC when there's a pussy in need of attention!'

biggrin_o.gif

'You shouldn't be playing on your PC when there's a pussy in need of attention!'

biggrin_o.gif

LoL so true... rofl.gif

biggrin_o.gif

thats what my missis says to me!!! rofl.gif

Vote for the: Best quote ever:

biggrin_o.gif

Let the voting begins!

+1 from me

hmmmmm .... that was I'm guessing a "CAT-4" problem ....

but if I were you I'd watch for an extra cuz it could easily become a CAT-5 problem. crazy_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

i think its destiny is for a WL +1, but i hope the hero +2 will cancel it out. wink_o.gif

My Cat-latteral damage so far:

-One ps2 caught and dragged off the bedside table.

-One ps2 control chewed to pieces.

-One 360 control chewed to pieces.

cat1169771222pe7copyif2qs0.jpg

I hate cats biggrin_o.gif

haha hilarious thread but i fear it will be locked sad_o.gif

if it is in the wrong forum could u just move it to off topic please? wink_o.gifyay.gifinlove.gif

biggrin_o.gif

i think its destiny is for a WL +1, but i hope the hero +2 will cancel it out.  wink_o.gif

Eh? I don't get that. What's WL and the +1 etc?

Quote[/b] ]Ps, love em really

Me too. Stick one in a blender, get a couple of slices of Rye bread, pour the paste onto the bread and stick the result under the grill...

does this mean the Guba doggy style video will be replaced by a bisl dog