Sign in to follow this  
boake

Answer me frankly, plz.

Is ArmA any better than OPF?

If yes, what makes you think so?

Yes.

Bigger island, more detailed world, more inmmersive fights, same community.

You cant really compare them. Armed assault because it Just came out. v1.00 of OFP had just as many if not more bugs than the version of Armed Assault I bought yesterday.

How does the AA campaign compare to OFP's? I loved OFP's campaign a ton, and I'd hate to see a worthless campaign in ArmA.

How does the AA campaign compare to OFP's? I loved OFP's campaign a ton, and I'd hate to see a worthless campaign in ArmA.

AA campaign is not as good as ofp's campaign, but from my point of view AA is oriented to mp. Anyway if you want a good campagin wait for the mods and for Cold War crisis rearmed wink_o.gif

Not as good? Try not comparable, in the bad sense.

Ok, I lied. I can make a comparison. The OFP campaign is to eating your favorite food as the ArmA campaign is to dog shit cooked in piss.

Frankly....

This is a stupid question.

BIS spends 2 years making an improved OFP...how could it possibly be worse?

Not as good? Try not comparable, in the bad sense.

Ok, I lied. I can make a comparison. The OFP campaign is to eating your favorite food as the ArmA campaign is to dog shit cooked in piss.

Agree, my english level is not....... perfect wink_o.gif

If you are buying ArmA to play a single player campaign you are wasting your time. It's a mutiplayer game just like ofp.

Yes, it's way better than ofp (or will be when the bugs are fixed)

If you are buying ArmA to play a single player campaign you are wasting your time. It's a mutiplayer game just like ofp.

well as long as they still putting new stuff into the engine i think the "bugs problem" will still live long biggrin_o.gif

OFP was a singleplayer game with added multiplayer feature.

ArmA is a multiplayergame with added singleplayer feature.

Yes - becase it's an update. OFP was great but succesors kills the originator. It's easy to stick with OFP if your refuse to give ArmA a try, but if you already have given ArmA a fair chance you simply can't go back.

Some might just threaten to so, but once you've gone forward, going back makes you conserned. The future is with ArmA, the support is with ArmA, the players, the graphical updates and the challenges.

OFP will always be a great game, but know it's greatness have been surpassed, makes thickheaded to live in the past.

Get on the train to now, get on ArmA.

Woot woot!!

OFP was a singleplayer game with added multiplayer feature.

ArmA is a multiplayergame with added singleplayer feature.

i would add "strong" infront of arma singleplayer feature

But ofp's single player campaign was so great.

ps. I don't play multiplayer game.

I believe that it will be better.. Though not just yet.

Maybe in a couple of months. smile_o.gif

edit (Except the campaign, which sucks......big style in ArmA)

#C

There's still usermade missions and campaigns. And of course the mission editor.

I have only played the demo. But I think that arma is much better than ofp. From what I have read on this forum it looks like the missions and campaign in arma are bad. But the game/platform is much better!

There are so many good memories from OFP that you cant relate to when playing arma, but I´m sure that when you have played arma for a while and you try OFP again you will see the difference.....

Ofp modded up with the latest bits is in a better state then ArmA currently is. So until ArmA bugs are Ironed out, the community has hands on tools and begins to make high quality addons with them. OFPs throne stays put in my books. smile_o.gif

Ofp modded up with the latest bits is in a better state then ArmA currently is. So until ArmA bugs are Ironed out, the community has hands on tools and begins to make high quality addons with them. OFPs throne stays put in my books. smile_o.gif

OFP looks like crap to me, with or without mods. Try a 400 man battle in OFP with many mods and watch your framerate - and it will still look much uglier than ArmA.

But thats all its down to people... looks, I seen fun, functionality and ahelluva lot more to do.

But thats all its down to people... looks, I seen fun, functionality and ahelluva lot more to do.

You think mods from ArmA wont make it into OFP? Have some patience smile_o.gif .

In a little while, ArmA will be way ahead of OFP.

I dont think Arma is more MP than SP, they improved the netcode and included jip but the full SP mission/campaign potential is all there (even if the included missions are poor'ish).

You can make a great MP mission and thats it but if you can make a great SP campaign it will blow everyone away.

The MP was lacking so they improved it more.

I would love to make a SP campaign but it would be too time consuming and in Sahrani fighting the SLA is just not my kind of theme.

edit:

Arma is screaming for new content.

Arma is far better than OFP. The graphics are stunning on high and not too shaby on lower settings either. The Island is bigger, the Animations are excellent. I think the AI isn't as good as OFP, but hey maybe I'm imagining things.

Lots of people are being nostalagic about OFP. Rightly so

But back then OFP was fresh and it was such an amazing new concept. The community made a game that was rough in parts, amazing.

Once we get the pretty long buglist fixed, and BIS release the editing tools. This game will eventually take off. And not to mention the fact that we need the game on store shelves worldwide, if we are going to judge how well it has been received, or whether it is a truly multiplayer game.

I too never bought OFP for MP, OFP had a fantastic SP campaign -hence why they released 'Red Hammer' and 'Resistance'.

The SP AI in OFP was quite a bit more inteligent than most online gamers! Like when have you played a military sim and had a bunch of kids that knew how to flank or correctly use terrain etc? I tried OFP just a couple of times online and it was a joke! Idiots running off shooting wildly and bailing out of helicopters before you got to the LZ.. Pointless.

Most gamers that bought OFP learned their first true meaning of 'military tactics' when they played the SP and found themselves dead within minutes and didn't know why. Shouting "WTF rubbish is this!" nener.gif

The SP Campaign in ArmA is harder than OFP by quite a bit! The realistic terrain,lighting,grass and shadows makes it a true PC soldier experience short of joining the army!

Of course if you turn all the above down or off then it becomes easier to see movement and locate the enemy -but then so it should if you just produced a virtual chainsaw to 400Km of vegetation!!!!! yay.gif

to you all, (pesimists) wink_o.gif wait just 5(five) years and you will see, that armed assault will be even better than OFP! nener.gif