Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact releases MAP_Misc

Are there any plans to work on making similiar addons that were in Ofp from Mapfact - i.e. - Barracken, Mil Objects -

Personally very much enjoyed use of Barracken for Ofp, although I know theres a ton of stuff in there.

Thanks again for this addon btw smile_o.gif

@Messiah2: Did it work out?

@Special Ed:There are _plans_ to make or convert the Baracken and stuff.

Most likely... I didn't see that error so far smile_o.gif

Cool, thanks for testing. smile_o.gif

@Special Ed:There are _plans_ to make or convert the Baracken and stuff.

Sounds great, thanks for the info. Was just curious, as I know theres a ton in those addons, so its nice to hear there is a possibility at some point they may come to be in Arma, keep up the good work smile_o.gif

You MAP guys probably already know this but it seems like 1.05 "broke" this great addon...

/KC

Messiah post us topics that descripe the problem ...

now we can take a look what is canged by Patch v1.05 to solve the problem in the next time

Please can anyone who get the problem descript the problem exactly ?

- Are all other addons disabled ?

- Do you use a mod folder and do NOT put the MAP_misc in the ArmA/Addons folder ?

- Which Game version are used ? (line of patches)

- On which side you get this problem ? (screenshots would be nice, examplemissions better wink_o.gif)

- Which weapons get invisible ? ( a screenshot would be nice too)

just a hint:

We had the same problem in our addons and already solved it.

The bug was caused by BIS changing a weapon dependency, in concrete they changed

class Rifle : MGun

to

class Rifle : RifleCore

You should check your dependencies, perhaps they changed more.

If used in a mod folder, I believe there is no problem.

This is related to a UK 1.05 game

@ Lester: Sorry for blaming your addon before testing it clean! But after seeing Sniper Pilot's message about his issues I automaticly blamed MAP_Misc  

Have just tried barebone with MAP_Misc 1.02 only and haven't seen any issues yet. Seems that my issues originates from another addon. Sorry again, should have known better! whistle.gif

Will keep you updated if I do find something when only using MAP_Misc 1.02 but so far it looks OK here at least.

@ deanosbeano: Strange haven't seen what you describe here (1.02 Cz -> 1.05).

/KC

I have an even weirder problem.

When I read that the Map_misc stopped working I deleted it from my addons-folder and started the game. I got all sorts of errors when a unit was loaded and I couldn't play ArmA.

With the Map_Misc.pbo everything seems to be working normal.

- I have the Map_Misc 1.01 installed in the Addons-Folder

- I have the German version and updated it from V 1.02 to 1.05

- Screens

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/395/error1uq3.jpg

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/5173/error2bv1.jpg

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/851/error3vb3.jpg

@Keycat

No problem, i just depbo/unbin the addon folder of the v1.05 and check the hint from TeRpEnTiN.

(By the way, thx for the hint, but we allready have changed that in the MAP_Misc V1.02 an set our references much more to the end of a nearly weapon wink_o.gif)

@Peanut

Better use the actual and recommended v1.02 which have some significant changes and use it not in the ArmA/Addons Folder

A Mod folder get ArmA clean is a much better use. wink_o.gif

Using 1.02 also breaks the game, I'm getting the same errors as by deleting it. Putting it into a modfolder has the same effects.

I'd like to get rid of it but it seems I would have to reinstall the whole game. I guess I just keep it because everything runs ok when the Map_Misc 1.01 is in the addon folder.

The addons folder is imho a nonpractical inoffical addon place, so i highly suggest a mod folder.

But anyway, i've found an problem in our addon ... more about it in the next days, maybe with some small enhancements too. whistle.gifwink_o.gif

I downloaded version 1.02, but the AI wont engage armored targets.

I put M1A1 and the 'SLA armoured target' about 30 meters away, but the M1A1 won't bother firing.

I tried the reveal command, doTarget, doFire, Fire, commandTarget, etc., every possible combination i could think of, but no effect.

I am using Armed Assault v1.05

5133p39

daft question did you place the mapfact gamelogic misclogic

down as that is the same thing that happend to me.

as well as i think one of them had to be named server for MP

compatability.

it mite be an idea to reread the readme if it is for MP .

bk1276

I haven't got that far to try it in MP.

I was trying it in SP, and no, i didn't placed any logic unit.

Later when i was trying other targets, i witnessed that the Abrams was firing upon the target with his machinegun - but it never used the main gun, even if i told them (selectWeapon, Fire, DoFire, etc., nothing worked) - of course that could be probably that the AI won't waste the main gun ammo on some little target which can be destroyed by a machine gun, but they never fired even on the "Armored" target as i wrote earlier.

Btw. i tried to make an invisible target, derived from a T72 class - i changed only the 'simulation' parameter to "house", and 'model' to "\core\default\default.p3d", but that also didn't worked (the Abrams was able to target it, but again it didn't fired from the main gun! ).

I was trying to circumvent the problem by using<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_abrams Reveal _target;

_abrams DoTarget _target;

_abrams Fire "M256"; // or _abrams DoFire _targetbut it didn't work - with the Fire command, the Abrams lifted the main gun like he's aiming for the sun and then he fired (which is useless for me), and when i used the DoFire command he did nothing - just targeted the _target, but no firing.

I would very much appreciate, if anyone could help me with this.

I need this to work for my Artillery control script.

Hey guys, got a quick question about this addon smile_o.gif

I tried for hours last night to a nice light bulb appearance from one of the bulbs, and had alot of difficulty decifering what the various elements in the array passed to the light.sqf do, in fact never really figured it out completely. Did get a low brightness grey/white sphere that works good in houses, but it has to be hidden in the ceiling because I cannot get any sort of 'orb' of small bright light at the center, it booms bright rays at you when looking at it, unless its hidden - Again, im ok with results, I just hide light source in ceiling. Im asking, is there any documentation what would describe exactly what each element in that array does, to make it easier to edit the lights?

Oh, btw, awsome addon too biggrin_o.gif Imo, much better than the flickering lights that used campfire light from ofp, towns look really good lit up with these smile_o.gif

Edit/

Want to add here seems there may be a bug with the street lamps - At different areas, once unit as a certain distance from lamp, it shuts off, in plain view, then turn back on once u get closer it it (30 - 100 meters depending on lamps brightness). This does somehow seem to be somehow due to terrain or something, because in one area this does not happen, then in another, it happens to all lights. This has occurred in Sahrani's town of Everon with all lights, then I tested on air feild on southern island, and they worked from as far as I could spot them.

I'm having a little trouble with the throwable objects, marker grenades, etc. I checked out the demo mission and followed the instructions. I have the game logic named server, i have this addWeapon "MAP_Throw" in the init of the soldiers, but I'm still unable to equip and throw the grenades in MP. I'm grabbing the grenades out of an ammo crate. Is there a solution to this problem?