Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact releases MAP_Misc

edit2

There again has been an update! Make sure you get the latest version: v1.02!

/edit2

edit

There has been an update! Make sure you get the latest version: v1.01!

/edit

Mapfact.net releases MAP_Misc.pbo for ArmA

Finally the well known OFP-Addons "Reallights" and "Invisible Targets" from Lester have an official successor for ArmA.

But MAP_Misc contains much more usefull stuff, like different para models:

Parachutes_S.jpg

A working radio:

Inventar_S.jpg

AI-sight-blocking smoke screens:

TS2_S.jpg

And demo missions, to show you all the fancy stuff:

FXDialog_S.jpg

Bigger pics can be found on mapfact.net.

This is still not everything, better read the online readme to see more!

Download here. smile_o.gif

Mirror 1.

Credits:

DEVELOPMENT

# Dschulle: fString2Pos (OFP version)

# Flashpoint_K: Radio (OFP version), Viewblock objects

# Jander: Quickmap trigger idea

# Lester: research, config, lamps, parachutes, invisible targets, radio, Viewblock objects, scripts, demo missions ...

# phaeden: USMC markers

# mi2slow: Quickmap

# Mondkalb: airport markers

# Mr-Murray:searchlight script idea

# raedor: functions, converting function by Dschulle and script tweaking

# Sickboy: NS Lite, functions and script tweaking

# Silola: additional lights scripting

# snYpir: additional functions, originally written for OFP

# Tactician: inspiration with his TACTEvents

# Vienna: Quickmap, fPQ_ID function

# my part: config, scripts, demo missions, this readme file

additional thanks go to:

# Flea: for the AlTexView

# Kegetys: for his unmerous OFP and ArmA tools

# Mikero: for the MakePBO & ExtractPBO

# OurWeapons Mod: WinPBO and PBO Patcher

TESTING

# SP: Chneemann, OneManGang, Mr-Murray, Silola

# MP: MCPXXL (chief of staff), Marco-Polo-IV, Bolek

Excellent work MAPFACT-gang! I've been waiting for this. Can't wait to try out Lesters "light magic" in ArmA among other things!

Make sure to forward my grattitude to everyone involved.

Thanks!

/KC

Whoops... forgot the credits, added them. Thanks for your help, sickboy! smile_o.gif

Whoops... forgot the credits, added them. Thanks for your help, sickboy!  smile_o.gif

Sure thing smile_o.gif It's an honour anyway notworthy.gif

Awesome Release thumbs-up.gif

Thanks Mapfact for this smile_o.gif Great job

gj and great to hear that about cooperation between mod makers ...

wish that happens more often in future notworthy.gif

is there an ENG version or conversion of this?

Huh? Doesn't it work with the 505 version?

Just tried it out a bit and couldn't get the Invisible targets to work? They are there in the editor but the AI doesn't react to them? Tried the demo mission as well and the US soldiers doesn't fire a single round? Am I missing something obvious?

Running 1.02 Cz Sprocket version (with Sickboys ENG patch).

/KC

very interesting addon i like the ligts they are very usable.

some bugs/ miss placement in maps ? i found

at start of light show light tun up and down i only see two settings happen

also text mentions a dsico has just took place , didnt see anything other than a purple bulb 300 feet in the air

normal targets have no reation at all

armoured targets have no reaction unless placed 3- 4 meters away

not having a good reaction of viewblock effect

radio looks to be a massively useful tool but very hard for a layman to see what he could do with it , pls could you add more ammo to it in a demo to show how it works

i hope these are not seen as a negative ,because this is obviously a very nice addon with endless possibilities.

ps maybe there is a viewdistance setting or possible ai set to super ai that you used whilst testing ?

Sorry, but there is a little version mismatch inside huh.gif

A fixed version has be released yet whistle.gif

Attention, new Version V1.01 !

- Safety Flares fall to ground before inflame

- Reaktion Time of the invisible targets are now instandly

nice fix smile_o.gif

seems to work like a charm now, very nice addage gonna try these and see if the ai will blow up me buildings now, could save me hours of dev time, cheers.

I get an error with some model special specific error but then click preview again and it works.. will post a pic bit later on..

Also why do the invisible targets die?

My AI say Target is History and they stop shooting sad_o.gif

@Lester

Thanks for the quick update! Downloading now... Will let you know how it goes.

/KC

nice addon even if some of the stuff was available before confused_o.gif

Al, didn't you done a similar thing? whistle.gif

nice addon even if some of the stuff was available before confused_o.gif

Well yes, some of the content was already available in the "FAC" and "entry tool" addon-releases. confused_o.gif

This makes me sad, especially when i remember Lesters accusation that i had made the invisble targets for ArmA and stole his idea.

Great to see this out already smile_o.gif

Look forward to getin some lights in what were otherwise 'dead' towns for night time use..

Thanks yay.gif

nice addon even if some of the stuff was available before  confused_o.gif

Well yes, some of the content was already available in the "FAC" and "entry tool" addon-releases.  confused_o.gif

This makes me sad, especially when i remember Lesters accusation that i had made the invisble targets for ArmA and stole his idea.

No reason to be sad. If there was a reason to be sad every addon maker had to cry all the time when one thinks about stuff like M4s.

Let me put it this way: few ideas are really new. You see, we've  never claimed having 'invented' all the stuff included in our addon nor did we claim all ideas in it are new. So undoubtedly we did similar things. Where's the problem? Every one is completely free to choose what to use in his mission.

BUT: we did not do it similarily. The implementation of many things in our addon is very new and Lester deserves full credits for his findings. Let me state it this clearly: our addon does not contain anything we were not allowed to use. Just have a look at the credits in the addon to see who directly or even indirectly contributed to this one.

Everyone can easily see this, even without unpacking the addon pbo. Just put any unit (including addon as well) in the editor and see if our grenade stuff works. We do not use eventhandlers to trigger our effects (the only exeption being the tank smoke). And of course everyone is completely free to have a look into our config and scripts and see how we do what we do and compare to other addons.

In december we started working on our Misc addon so we can't help if some one releases something in the mean time. Frankly, you don't expect us to leave out features we're developing when some one comes out with a similar idea?

If it wasn't that ridiculous we might feel sad about that serious accusations.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Btw. Lester did not accuse Al Simmons of having stolen an idea. Ideas are free. The rest is a different story that i thought we had left behind? confused_o.gif

@ Feb. 19 2007,00:00)]Let me put it this way: few ideas are really new. You see, we've never claimed having 'invented' all the stuff included in our addon nor did we claim all ideas in it are new. So undoubtedly we did similar things. Where's the problem? Every one is completely free to choose what to use in his mission.

BUT: we did not do it similarily. The implementation of many things in our addon is very new and Lester deserves full credits for his findings. Let me state it this clearly: our addon does not contain anything we were not allowed to use. Just have a look at the credits in the addon to see who directly or even indirectly contributed to this one.

Everyone can easily see this, even without unpacking the addon pbo. Just put any unit (including addon as well) in the editor and see if our grenade stuff works. We do not use eventhandlers to trigger our effects (the only exeption being the tank smoke). And of course everyone is completely free to have a look into our config and scripts and see how we do what we do and compare to other addons.

In december we started working on our Misc addon so we can't help if some one releases something in the mean time. Frankly, you don't expect us to leave out features we're developing when some one comes out with a similar idea?

If it wasn't that ridiculous we might feel sad about that serious accusations. icon_rolleyes.gif

Btw. Lester did not accuse Al Simmons of having stolen an idea. Ideas are free. The rest is a different story that i thought we had left behind? confused_o.gif

Well i dunno if this was not an accusation what it was then?

Nice "stolen" addon components like my invisible targets ...

... no mail ask for use it in my ingoing-mail-folder and also no credits ... what a shame mad_o.gif

Is something of the addon 'handmade' or all fished from different sources ? crazy_o.gif

And yes i left it behind, but when someone claims credits for ideas he should give them when using and improving others ideas, too.

But to be ontopic, theres are lots of usefull things in this release which improve gameplay and editor options to a new level. thumbs-up.gif

@Al

Badass bring it to the point,

please can you explain which things "stolen" from you, that i've wouldn't made by myself before like the targets huh.gif

With my part of the the Map_Misc stuff i only continue my OFP work and enhance it with ArmA features.

Take a look in the MAP_Misc config and see the absolut different implementation of things like the Safety Flares.

My Safety Flares are done absolutly without any script wink_o.gif

And also be free (as the readme declares) to use our techniques for your things.

Please, calm down and bring ArmA a bit more forward.

Edit:

Oh, my post (or my englisch) was a 'little to slow' wink_o.gif

Please - don't nag each other icon_rolleyes.gif

@Al Simmons & SWAT

No matter if someone has ideas in mind - but nobody else could see them before release wink_o.gif

@Mapfact

nice work, keep on making "mapfact hot stuff" like in OFP smile_o.gif

@Al Simmons & SWAT

Why do you mention me? huh.gif

I have nothing to do with Mapfact or Al's project. I just stated that Al released similar projects. I never claimed, that somebody has stolen from each other or anything in this direction...