Sign in to follow this  
Dudester

How does the UK version run

I get that aswell JimLad, alt + tabbing fixes it. Though I'd expect them to fix the memory purging issue so we don't need to do that in the next patch (which apparently has an improved LOD system transition)

Though to be fair to BIS, that is the ONLY problem I'm having with this game.

I get that for a couple of seconds when loading a complex scene, for instance if I'm flying low and fast over a city in the Harrier, but it's no big deal really, it doesn't affect gameplay in any way for the moment.

I have found that when I'm playing, the LOD issue gets progressively worse and I'm getting a lot of hdd activity causing frequent pauses. The game has also kicked me to the desktop a number of times with a memory error. I think I will install XP again tomorrow, Vista and/or Nvidias drivers just aren't good confused_o.gif

I wouldn't rush for it Jim,

This is what I am suffering from, and this is on a totally clean system only XP & ArmA with all up to date drivers.

It must be a conflict between Nvidia drivers, Nvidia chipset and ArmA as I cannot see any reason for the graphics to be continually refreshed even when there is no movement on the screen, this error ultimately results in a crash, Alt-Tabing does sort the problem out but only temporary.

I have an nForce mobo and an nvidia gfx card and I haven't experienced problems like the ones you're experiencing huh.gif

I have an nForce mobo and an nvidia gfx card and I haven't experienced problems like the ones you're experiencing  huh.gif

My other games on another bootable hard drive run as sweet as a nut with none of this stuff happening, HL2, Lock-on, FEAR, GRAW, COH SHIII, so I know it's not the hardware.

they all work fine on my rig,

but arma at the same time works on our systems too, hint?

oh and for ATI users, if the standard ATI drivers didnt work

try Omega drivers

it fixed lots of gaming problems and even perforemce boost for some other games, i still didnt test the latest built(based on 7.1) but this driver works on my system

edit: WTF only 9 topic have someone tried Omega drivers? it seems every body just simply uses standard driver and no one have a go for this confused_o.gif

elo, glad to hear that AA has been finally released.

hmm where can i order a copy of AA??

I treated ArmA like a film sequel expecting it to be a bit poor.

Sure there is problems and the campaign is a bit naff. But considering it is a good sequel, I have no crashes or stuff like that. Many people have a better rig than I do, But I have everything on normal and it runs well in every area of the map.

AMD Sempron 3000+ 1.7 Ghz

1GB Ram

256mb 6600GT

Creative Audigy 5.1

Early indications are quite good. The game looks more finished.

It installs quicker, switches between map and view are nearly instantaneous. Overall FPS performance is better.

I was a vocal critic of 1.02. I'm pleased to say much has improved.

I've not yet tested to see if the AI helo pilots are not the complete nobbers they were in 1.02, but when I do, I'll report back.

I can't believe that after couple of months there is still that annoying LOD bug. How's that possible. mad_o.gif

Turn the texture detail down or AA or resolution. It has been answered several times.

I can't believe that after couple of months there is still that annoying LOD bug. How's that possible. mad_o.gif

Turn the texture detail down or AA or resolution. It has been answered several times.

I know it and it's still a lame workaround. I don't know no other game with similar problems.

I know it and it's still a lame workaround. I don't know no other game with similar problems.

How is it lame? It's not the game's fault your videocard doesn't have enough RAM to handle the highest settings.

How is it lame? It's not the game's fault your videocard doesn't have enough RAM to handle the highest settings.

You seriously buy that propaganda. biggrin_o.gif

It's the games code that handles the textures. There's have to be something wrong there.

How else do you explain how i may have LOD problems with min texture detail and not in very high. At least not so much than in lower setting huh.gif

It's the games code that handles the textures. There's have to be something wrong there.

How else do you explain how i may have LOD problems with min texture detail and not in very high. At least not so much than in lower setting huh.gif

Lower settings increase the LOD problems? That's odd. May as well run on max texture detail then tounge2.gif . I only have the demo, but I don't get those problems. Except in CTI if I spawn at a base far away from where I last was, or change resolution or Alt-Tab - but after a few seconds everything is fine again. My video card is a 7800GT, texture detail at max.

Lower settings increase the LOD problems? That's odd. May as well run on max texture detail then tounge2.gif . I only have the demo, but I don't get those problems. Except in CTI if I spawn at a base far away from where I last was, or change resolution or Alt-Tab - but after a few seconds everything is fine again. My video card is a 7800GT, texture detail at max.

I use max setting ofcourse.

It doesn't happen always, but sometimes it happens and isn't pretty sight.

Though i don't have the UK version myself. I just commented because i saw many complaints/pics from UK users having still the same problems.

I just have to wait DE 1.05 patch before i see myself if it's improved or not.

Jesus christ! :P its the engine fault! you just have to wait for the 1.05 patch and be patient. It has some major improvments for the game and the engine it self.

Well I tried some ArmA just now, and...some problems to say the least.

LOD problem

I'm running Vista X64, which may be the issue. Or the NVidia drivers...maybe I should go back to XP for the meantime crazy_o.gif

The fps is pretty poor, lod is screwed completely, and I get a lot of long pauses. All on a brand new machine, Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR2 and a 640MB 8800 GTS. confused_o.gif

ffs

they still haven't fixed this I see.

If they haven't done anything to improve it by 1.05, I will be mighty peeved.

It happens on the latest 8800's

on medium settings.

Frankly if there were no cards on the market that can handle those higher settings, then why would BIS put it in?

Running arma on my amd x2 5200 with a gig of ram and a nice lil geforce 7900gs. Runs a dream with settings on very high (for textures, models ect) and some on normal (shadows, ect)

Getting 40+ fps and looks real nice. Deffo gonna get another 2 gig of ram though as my systems ram is to the limits biggrin_o.gif

Game has more bugs than the Amazon rainforest.

Think I'm getting the memory bug thats fixed in the patch.

...and before the fanboi's start. The settings are off and i'm still getting an out of memory error with 7900GTX, which should be enough.

I was told by a few people that ArmA isn't that RAM intensive, and that for better performance it's the CPU and graphics card which should be upgraded? Not my words though so don't jump on me tounge2.gif

I spent an hour or so making my first mission last night only to find that quite a few of the commands have been changed (that, combined with the fact I haven't made a proper mission in about a year so my knowledge may have rusted over a bit).

For instance

"_x moveincargo plane1"Foreach units group1

didn't work.

Nor did

plane1 join p1

But I'm glad to see that AI chopper behaviour and handling has improved somewhat. No more hovering, waiting for you to issue a Get Out order at the chopper's Transport Unload wp smile_o.gif

Oh and I think the M107 sounds much too weak for a .50 rifle and I would've liked to see the SU-34 armed with free-fall and guided bombs. Definitely not FFARs though. That would be like arming an F-111 with FFARs...Not very realistic, and another reason why an SU-25 or other Russian CAS aircraft would've been a better choice than the Platypus.

All in all though, I'm one happy ArmA-er yay.gifnotworthy.gif

It happens on the latest 8800's

on medium settings.

Frankly if there were no cards on the market that can handle those higher settings, then why would BIS put it in?

Apart from that Bug, I think it makes sense to give the game the possibility for settings that are too much for present computers because there is that thing called "future".

What's better, a game you already play on max. settings (and therefore on the same settings in 2 years), or one you can set on those max. settings if you've got a new computer some time in the future? It evolves with you computer! ;)

This doesn't make sense for one of those games that live through a short hype and get abandoned shortly after, but for games like OFP, ArmA or Game 2, that are supposed to be played for years, it sure does.

That's just how I like to think about it.

Early indications are quite good. The game looks more finished.

It installs quicker, switches between map and view are nearly instantaneous. Overall FPS performance is better.

I was a vocal critic of 1.02. I'm pleased to say much has improved.

I've not yet tested to see if the AI helo pilots are not the complete nobbers they were in 1.02, but when I do, I'll report back.

to really fix the AI, you have to connect a human brain to your computer tounge2.gif