Sign in to follow this  
Dudester

How does the UK version run

so, did you get the 505 release? did you get the 1.05 patch?

and what spec you are running on?

too much to say too early it seems

oh and Luciano, the word troubleshooting is for troubleshooting, not spamshouting

Yep, I bought the German version as soon as I could get it. Patched to English and added all the patches that have been released so far. I haven't bothered to start it up for well over a month. Why? Bug-ridden, poor performing rubbish. I actually could have lived with that, it does after all push the limits of current PC hardware. What the clincher was for me, was the extremely poorly designed campaign missions. It's like they were tacked on as an after thought. Sorry BIS, ArmA just doesn't have much professionalism about it and I will leave it on the shelf until such time as I hear patches have improved things.

You cant compare player number to that of the likes of HL2 the Battlefield series etc.. purely on the basis that ArmA is in a different class.

The above games are throw away, meaning that their only played until the next same old FPS arrives but with, look Newer graphics and a worldwide multi million  TV/Internet/Magazine advertising campaign behind it!

These games are always going to attract a massive player base especially if the games release is synchronised woldwide

ArmA  player numbers will grow when it has been released in all countries. Until then the player numbers will increase steadily as the game is released throughout the world

What has this got to do with how the full version runs?

thats what happens to all game IMO, some of us runs the game without problems and some of you dont, i feel sorry that the game wont work on your system, but since it runs on my old system and have a far better perforemce on my new rig, i think i should stay with BIS

Considering the German and Czech version was released a heck of a long time ago.  Considering the Russian and Polish version was also released.  Considering the game is available to download online via sprocket (Theres an official english patch to fix language problems), and considering that most of the hardcore fans got the game ALREADY,

Your statement is pretty not down to Earth.

Well this isn't Battlefield you know  tounge2.gif .

Realistic games have fewer players  sad_o.gif .

Give it a week and the numbers should grow. The 505 release covers many more players than the previous ones. The US release should also boost numbers a bit.

A bit he said? Should hope it be alot more...I hope.But then again don't think I've seen hardly any advertising cept for reviews an such. I may just buy English version for the mere fact that the US publishers are all money grubbers.

Who said I'm comparing it to HL2 or BF or whatever?

The only games I compared it to was OFP which had more people at the beginning and RO which is based on an arcade engine but simulates many things far better than this so called "sim".

Who said I'm comparing it to HL2 or BF or whatever?

The only games I compared it to was OFP which had more people at the beginning and RO which is based on an arcade engine but simulates many things far better than this so called "sim".

The OFP release dates weren't as scattered as ArmA's. The 505 release (the largest of all the releases so far) has only been out for a day. It is pretty damn obvious that there will be fewer players because of this. Also, the game market has changed since OFP. There are more mainstream games that lure people who find OFP too hard.

Looking at your posts, you show no signs of liking ArmA. So, what are you still doing here?

Quote[/b] ]The only games I compared it to was OFP which had more people at the beginning

So you're saying OFP 1.0 was blistering with online activity? Please, I'd like to hear more about this.

I'm comparing it with OFP 1.22

ARMA isn't 1.00 either you know?

But who cares, you guys find excuses for everything. Its time to admit BIS dropped the ball.

OUT

The only games I compared it to was OFP which had more people at the beginning..

Yes, because it was 2001 and no other game, or better simulation, had offered such a depth as OFP.

You can compare it with the first and second girlfriend you have sex with. The first one is much more interesting because you never put your little wee wee in another human. With the second girlfriend, it's nothing more than a routine. In, out, in, out.... finished. Nothing which is worth exploring anymore.

Is there a due date for the patch for the German version? I was expecting it on release day but i guess itll come this weekend or monday?

Is there a due date for the patch for the German version? I was expecting it on release day but i guess itll come this weekend or monday?

End of February.

I'm comparing it with OFP 1.22  

ARMA isn't 1.00 either you know?  

But who cares, you guys find excuses for everything.  Its time to admit BIS dropped the ball.

OUT

Well then you realize it's ArmA ongoing process which will improve and gather more popularity, US release isn't even out and so on. We're at the begininning now, not at the end.

If you have no patience to hang around that is your choice.

Quote[/b] ]Core2Duo E6600 2.4ghz

2Gb DDR2 Ram PC5300

8800GTX

i have a same CPU

It's very easy overclockable till 2.87GHZ

If you use Asus MB than you just need to install official asus utility AI Suite & choose overclocking for 20%

If not you can do the same in bios...

It will give you a 5-15 fps more...

Anyone know why the fps in the English version is so damn slow, even when you have a system which greatly exceeds the recommended spec for the game?

Also anyone know how to switch one of two graphics cards off in Nvidea control panel, so i can run one instead of two?

System: 7950gx2

AMD64 2.2ghz x2

2g DDR2

Thanks

Quote[/b] ] You can compare it with the first and second girlfriend you have sex with. The first one is much more interesting because you never put your little wee wee in another human. With the second girlfriend, it's nothing more than a routine. In, out, in, out.... finished. Nothing which is worth exploring anymore.

Superb analogy, the funniest thing I've seen on this forum for weeks. Thanks mate  rofl.gif

PS. You need a new girlfriend  wink_o.gif

Hands up who thinks Luciano is wrong? smile_o.gif

My UK copy arrived today so was waiting for me when I got home from work. I'm part way through the campaign on regular and all my fears that were raised by the demo have been dispelled and I'm enjoying myself thoroughly. He's harping on about no one being online well perhaps like me people are getting the feel of the game in single player before heading in MP territory.

There are some minor things I don't like but who can honestly say there's a game in existence that is perfect?

I say well done BIS and I look forward to what I'm sure will be a vibrant ArmA community in time.

biggrin_o.gif

Gentlemen, the thing is starting to roll.

Can't wait for the patch that will make the online community compatible - and triple its size ^.^

Bought mine in Virgin Megastores (UK) today for 29.99 (26.99 with student reduction) and I have to say that I'm chuffed to bits  smile_o.gif

Performance-wise, my FPS averages at around 28 with settings as follows:

Resolution = 1024x860

Aspect Ratio = 5:4 - TFT

Refresh Rate = 60Hz

Brightness = 1

Gamma = 1

Visibility = 2085

Terrain Details = High

Objects Details = High

Texture Detail = High

Shading Detail = Normal

Postprocess Effects = High

An. Filtering = Very High

Shadow Detail = Very High

AA = Very High

Blood = High

My system spcifications:

Athlon 64 3800+ (~2.4Ghz)

1Gb DDR

GeForce 7800GT 512mb with 6.14.10.9371 Forceware driver

Realtek AC97 Audio

Windows XP Pro (5.1, Build 2600)

With the demo, I averaged about 25FPS with settings mostly on Medium, at the same resolution.

I was so excited and proud seeing all these ArmAs in the shop, after so many months of anticipation. It was like the birth of a baby  tounge2.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Anyone know why the fps in the English version is so damn slow, even when you have a system which greatly exceeds the recommended spec for the game?

Also anyone know how to switch one of two graphics cards off in Nvidea control panel, so i can run one instead of two?

System: 7950gx2

AMD64 2.2ghz x2

2g DDR2

Thanks

2.2ghz is just 200mhz over the minimal and 800mhz lower than the Recommended (altough the A64 of coarse outperforms equally clocked p4's tounge2.gif), the game does not speed up more than a single percent or so on dual core.

Which drivers are you using for ur card? I heard that SLI (GX2 uses SLI right?) support is poorly at this time, but maybe one of the SLI-guys can jump in smile_o.gif

@Luciano what is your problem? I have not seen one constructive or even polite comment out of you yet. All you do is bash BIS and the community. If you really don't like the game then why do you hang around here?

LoL, all I do is "bash" BIS. Right, right....

Good question about what I'm doing here. I guess I have too much spare time. I'm thinking of leaving, so maybe I will.

Well I tried some ArmA just now, and...some problems to say the least.

LOD problem

I'm running Vista X64, which may be the issue. Or the NVidia drivers...maybe I should go back to XP for the meantime crazy_o.gif

The fps is pretty poor, lod is screwed completely, and I get a lot of long pauses. All on a brand new machine, Core 2 Duo, 2GB DDR2 and a 640MB 8800 GTS. confused_o.gif

Thats awesome JimLad! It looks like your playing Army Men: Plastic soldiers. It's one of those million $ graphical effect biggrin_o.gif

Plastic soldiers and buildings, how awesome. We have a mod right there that comes with the game : )

I had a similar problem to JimLad. I found that turning down my resolution (from 1600x1200 to 1280x1024) got rid of that problem. Hope that sorts it out on your machine.