Sign in to follow this  
Dudester

How does the UK version run

I already have the German version of the game and was wondering how the UK version plays. What fps are people getting, and does turning the grass of bring about a better FPS. Some thoughts as to what people think of the UK version and how it plays would be nice.

It arrived yesterday, so I gave it a good testing and it runs well, not sure about FPS but I didn't notice any stuttering, it looks for want of a better word, beautiful.

I had it set to Vis 2000m

All set to max apart from shading/shadow/postprocess (1 below max).

Roffle, what setup have you got...ATI card? If so what catalyst are you running? Im having trouble with my graphics at the mo and Im getting frsutrated..

My spec.. P4 3.2

Radeon 9800XT with catalyst 7.1

1024 Mb RAM

Cheers

No, they have a big red cross by the server on left of screen and I couldn't select it, 1.04 versions have a nice green circle.

No Nvidia, runs like a charm.

Core2Duo E6600 2.4ghz

2Gb DDR2 Ram PC5300

8800GTX

Im highly amazed that the game runs smooth on a 8800GTX tounge2.gif

Im highly amazed that the game runs smooth on a  8800GTX  tounge2.gif

Yeah I was worried it wouldn't, seems as it's only a small card biggrin_o.gif

Can you turn the grass off on the UK version, if so does the game run any quicker with it off.

We got 505 release today (Slovenia) but i'll be busy sending out preorders and new orders, so testing will have to wait at least until Sunday wink_o.gif

On Feb 22nd we're having an ArmA squadnight, so i guess we'll be playing on 1.02 until we get the patch that unites us wink_o.gif c u on Sahrani folks!

Can you turn the grass off on the UK version, if so does the game run any quicker with it off.

Couldn't see the option but I wouldn't want to turn it off anyway as it looks nice.

Take a look at the troubleshooting forum, it should give you an idea how stable it is.

COMPARED to the demo how much better is the full game?

Talking about FPS mainly...

huh.gif

Take a look at the troubleshooting forum, it should give you an idea how stable it is.

Yeah sure, except for the fact that only people with problems go there, all the other thousands of players dont make topics about how well their game runs (Or those topics would be locked because they are pointless) icon_rolleyes.gif

LoL, thousands of players? Why didn't you say millions?

Right know, which is supposte to be a peak gaming hour in europe, especially since its a Friday, only 265 players play ARMA.....

Those thousands of players must be playing the campaign, ah clumsy me.

LoL, thousands of players? Why didn't you say millions?

Right know, which is supposte to be a peak gaming hour in europe, especially since its a Friday, only 265 players play ARMA.....

Do you ever play other games? Considering that the 505 release was only today, that's a lot.

Considering the German and Czech version was released a heck of a long time ago. Considering the Russian and Polish version was also released. Considering the game is available to download online via sprocket (Theres an official english patch to fix language problems), and considering that most of the hardcore fans got the game ALREADY,

Your statement is pretty not down to Earth.

Considering the German and Czech version was released a heck of a long time ago. Considering the Russian and Polish version was also released. Considering the game is available to download online via sprocket (Theres an official english patch to fix language problems), and considering that most of the hardcore fans got the game ALREADY,

Your statement is pretty not down to Earth.

Well this isn't Battlefield you know tounge2.gif .

Realistic games have fewer players sad_o.gif .

Give it a week and the numbers should grow. The 505 release covers many more players than the previous ones. The US release should also boost numbers a bit.

I just made this post in another thread, I suppose it should have been in here.

Well, my first impressions of the game are, 1 - it makes your bladder hurt, I installed the game about 90 mins ago and I've been dying for the toilet since then.

Overall I have to say I LOVE it, and I was actually bracing myself for a letdown, in that 90 mins I had two minimise to desktop's but I think that was due to a windows update pestering me to restart the PC.

The game's running as smooth as silk at 1280 x 1024 with most settings on either high or very high - although I am getting a lighting bug that somebody posted on here a few weeks back, there are flickering levels of brightness when I move the cursor up or down just a few degrees above or below the horizontal. And sometimes I've got a band of 'dimness' about 2/3rds of the way down the screen, but this seems to come and go.

AI seems a bit more 'AT' (artificially thick) than artificially intelligent, but there is room for improvement with this, I know.

I was worried even with my new PC it was going to be laggy but no worries now.

I'm running it on the following:

CPU, QX6700

2 gig mem

Asus striker extreme mobo.

Single, GF8800 gtx.

Windows XP prof.

Anybody got any advise for the flickering and band of 'dimness' ?

LoL, thousands of players?  Why didn't you say millions?

The game was in the top charts in Germany, and somehow i assume that they sell more then 10 games a week there whistle.gif

And there are currently 300 people playing ArmA according to this, even if just 10% of the buyers (which is quite high, not everyone always plays and there are probably quite alot of people playing alot of SP, messing with the editor etc, plus there are quite alot of people waiting for 1.5) was currently playing my statement would be correct. whistle.gif

And hey, there are 400+ treads in the troubleshooting, SOMEHOW i doubt that 50% of the buyers have such problems with their game that they decide to make a topic here... whistle.gif

How does the full version run compared to the demo?

FUCKING SHIT m8 im not impessed at all

the fulll version just crashes randomly back to desktop. The demo at least worked on my system........

Ive tried to stay optimitic about this game and have ignored the negativity on this forum to date but enough is enough

I am REALLY disappointed.......

ofpforum, you are making too many assumptions. Everything I said is based on facts.

The point is less people play this game then they did OFP when OFP was released.

The reason people don't play is not because this is an ubber sim.

I can argue with you that many aspects of this game are not realistic at all. Tank combat for example, compare it to RO.

People don't play because it offers more frustration than enjoyment.

-Planes and choppers are impossible to fly and enjoy without a joystick.

-The SP part of this game is a joke

-The MP part of the game is even a bigger joke. So far I can't see anything other than COOP being played. ARMA is truly a coop only game now. OFP was much more. Reason for that is BIS's horrible decissions to change player physics and movements and add fixed camera to vehicles.

-And well after that, there are the bugs.

I know many clans that have been with OFP since 2001, but abandoned ARMA.

Oh, almost forgot. The biggest disappointment is the horrible HDR coding. At least on my graphic card (Geforce 6), the light changes a heck of a lot by just moving the player a few degrees in another direction. Annoying, and wrong. Theres not way I can play like that even if I wanted to. There's a video showing what I'm talking about in the troubleshooting forum.