Sign in to follow this  
kikinchaz

UK Release Version

Well im pissed off!

spent my lunch hour battling thru town to get to PC world and they HAVENT EVEN HEARD OF Arma LET ALONE HAD IT IN STOCK

WHATS THE CRACK 505??

it was my experience that the "ordinary" electronics shops did never get any copies of ArmA in my country (Switzerland). only the more specialized game shops carry it. it may be the same situation in other countries.

my explanation would be that the game's publishers (Morphicon, 505) are not well known and the game does not appeal to the masses.

...spent my lunch hour battling thru town to get to PC world

I wouldn't be pissed off at 505, I'd be pissed off at PC World. They BUY games to sell, they aren't given to them, so its PC World's choice to sell, or in this case to not sell newly released titles. Once they review the sales figures from rival companies and see ArmA is selling else-where, they will most likely start stocking it.

On another note, I still haven't encountered any further crashes, so I'm beginning to think it was more a bug with my system, than with the game itself. And for all you people complaining about the patches etc, just remember OFP was FAR from perfect when it was first released, and it took until the v1.46 Patch to get a fully stable and in my opinion enjoyable game...

Hmm...

i have my-sprocket Czech version,but just got 505 version from Gamestation-only had 2 copies in,1 which was reserved by my friend!

nowhere else had even heard of it?huh.gif?

i mean where the hell is the publicity???

u all gonna prove me wrong-im not the best at this sort of thing!!

but seems to me that only us/ofp community even heard/know of ArmA?huh.gif

sorry rant nearly over! biggrin_o.gif

most of our clan's 505 version's didnt turn up today??

all have either sprocket/morphicon versions patched to English and we have a dedi server running!! 1.02!

so i cant play online with them!

if they did all get their 505 versions still no good as we cannot update the dedi server?huh.gif? unless we host it ourselves!! banghead.gif

edit*:-

in fact,ppl/clans who have a dedicated server running/bought/paid for on 1.2 versions and then bought 505 versions just find its of no use to em ATM!!

just my 2 pennies worth!!

know it will all come good though in the end!! notworthy.gif

Oh well looks like i got fooled again.

there was supposed to be major FPS imporvements etc. i went from a max of 15FPS on low settings to 20FPS on normal settings with 1200 x 1000 resolution on a 21" widescreen 1600x100 native res monitor......

BTW dont delete my post this time, just becuase im not impressed with this product goodnight.gif

For those that think wtf. heres my specs :

Asus A8N-SLI m/b

AMD 4200 dual core

2gig of high quality RAM

BFG 7950 GX2 G card

XFI sound card

jim

just a heads up guys got my latest copy of pcformat through the post today and it comes with a sweet A2 size map of Sahrani biggrin_o.gif

there was supposed to be major FPS imporvements etc. i went from a max of 15FPS on low settings to 20FPS on normal settings with 1200 x 1000 resolution on a 21" widescreen 1600x100 native res monitor......

So you got a 25% FPS increase AND you put your settings higher? Doesnt sound bad to me for a patch.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Holey cheese! I pre-ordered second class (I'm cheap) earlier this week from Amazon.co.uk and it arrived today! How splendid is that? If Amazon were a human female and lived next door, I would marry her!*

*if said female met certain criteria.

LOL Jim, they fool you once, shame on them, they fool you twice, shame on you. Shame.

So you got a 25% FPS increase AND you put your settings higher? Doesnt sound bad to me for a patch.. icon_rolleyes.gif

dont get me wrong -im a great fan of BIS work!! and will be for a long time!

hardly a patch? that doesnt patch us to play with the rest of the planet?

pc game reviewed the uk arma release too... complained that it wasnt finished and had broken code but highlighted its potential and said that in a few months time once BIS had actually finished it, it would be very very good...

currently its at 70%

I agree with this view totally. I think atm it reallly really needs some performance tweaking and bug fixing, but you can just see the brilliant potential there.

I hope BI do a good job of getting the game sorted - and by the looks of it so far their working hard smile_o.gif

Looking forward to playing with you guys when the new patch is out smile_o.gif

I have a average fps of around 25 but it drops and improves in different areas. Would expect abit better compared to the recommended requirements and my specs.

And also about the depth of field - is there anyway to disable coz im almost certain in all the pics from review sites etc are much much clearer than myn.

Quote[/b] ]And also about the depth of field - is there anyway to disable coz im almost certain in all the pics from review sites etc are much much clearer than myn.

Set postprocess to low and you will even have a fps increase...

Holey cheese! I pre-ordered second class (I'm cheap) earlier this week from Amazon.co.uk and it arrived today! How splendid is that? If Amazon were a human female and lived next door, I would marry her!*

*if said female met certain criteria.

crazy_o.gif I ordered a few days ago also but on 1st class and my copy also arrived today. So i paid 2.03 for delivery when i could have had it for cheaper with 2nd class? Doh.. oh well. Excellent stuff amazon, just installing now, its gonna be great from what i saw on the mp demo!!!  xmas_o.gif

I find the game is slightly blurry at distances in windowed mode =/

There has been an report related to blurry visuals in

*windowed* mode. (One ATI card, one NVidia)

Not to be mistaken with the Depth-in-Field Vision effect!

(postprocess high in settings)

So;..do you have the same blurry visuals in *Fullscreen* mode

as well? Or only, if you run the game windowed?

(There seems to be some 'downsampling' involved)

Do you have set postprocess effects to low or high?

Are you indeed having blurry visuals *if* postprocess

is set to *low* ?

At the begining of this thread someone posted shots of the M107 and someone else shot s of the motorbike - how? I have my UK version 1.04 and I can see both using the library but not in the game or editor!?

Well, my first impressions of the game are, 1 - it makes your bladder hurt, I installed the game about 90 mins ago and I've been dying for the toilet since then.

Overall I have to say I LOVE it, and I was actually bracing myself for a letdown, in that 90 mins I had two minimise to desktop's but I think that was due to a windows update pestering me to restart the PC.

The game's running as smooth as silk at 1280 x 1024 with most settings on either high or very high - although I am getting a lighting bug that somebody posted on here a few weeks back, there are flickering levels of brightness when I move the cursor up or down just a few degrees above or below the horizontal. And sometimes I've got a band of 'dimness' about 2/3rds of the way down the screen, but this seems to come and go.

AI seems a bit more 'AT' (artificially thick) than artificially intelligent, but there is room for improvement with this, I know.

I was worried even with my new PC it was going to be laggy but no worries now.

I'm running it on the following:

CPU, QX6700

2 gig mem

Asus striker extreme mobo.

Single, GF8800 gtx.

Windows XP prof.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

At the begining of this thread someone posted shots of the M107 and someone else shot s of the motorbike - how? I have my UK version 1.04 and I can see both using the library but not in the game or editor!?

Place a unit in the editor and copy this to his init field:

removeAllWeapons this; this addMagazine "10Rnd_127x99_m107"; this addMagazine "10Rnd_127x99_m107"; this addMagazine "10Rnd_127x99_m107"; this addWeapon "M107";

The Western bike is located in cars/M1030.

The new sniper rifle is in one of the US ammo crates. I think it might the US Special ammo crate.

Where in the options can you turn the grass off as i cannot find it. Thanks in advance

I think it could be disabled if you set the lowest Visual quality (ore by command setTerrainGrid 50)

5115 - New: Terrain Detail now controls grass detail as well (can be used to turn off the grass)

from the new patch notes

....i went from a max of 15FPS on low settings to 20FPS on normal settings with 1200 x 1000 resolution on a 21" widescreen 1600x100 native res monitor......

...decent specs...

jim

max. of 15 fps? My Computer is ancient compared to yours, but probably runs circles around it in ArmA if that's really a max there, that indeed is strange. Other Games running normaly and v-sync turned off?

But personally I'll be very happy with a +25% increase in performance at higher settings, oh, the joy ;)

"So you got a 25% FPS increase AND you put your settings higher? Doesnt sound bad to me for a patch.. "

on low settings the game is terrible, you cant see anything. for arguemtns sake i got no differnce in FPS from low/normal. but if i raised resoloution i'd get poor FPS straight away no matter what settings.

If 1.05 doesnt let me play at 30+FPS i will bin this game. both copies...

banghead.gif

Its not my PC thats the throttle here, its the game