Sign in to follow this  
beukem

8007000e Error in Vista

grr -maxmem=512 only delays the inevitable for me by like 10 minutes (used to crash every 5 minutes, now it takes 15... lawl).  Is there any news on this problem?  It's just very irritating that I can't even use a software that I paid for... banghead.gif

I keep getting ctd and system tried maxmem=512 but still ctd etc after 10 or so mins. Please sort this out i bought a new system and now cant play it i dont want to have to go back to my old jerkovision pc

No official word on this issue yet?

The game is unplayable on Vista for me and many others, and i will not install Xp only for arma, downgrade my 8800GTX that works at 100% at other games. sad_o.gif

When I first installed Vista about a week ago, my FPS was between 15-26 with horrendous lod problems and ctd's. Now it's stable as a rock averaging betwwn 38-50 with no polygon deformities and minimal lod loss.

What did it was this cocktail of tweaks:

1.Got rid of the Official Nvidia driver and updated to 160.04

2. Updated sound drivers.

3.Added -maxmem 512

4. turned off paging file

5. Took Atari folder out of 'program files' and placed directly in C/Atari/Arma

6. forced off V-Sync in Nvidia control Panel

I now run this game on high and very high on just about everything. hope this helps somebody smile_o.gif

Specs:e6400 oc'ed 3.2 ghz

Asus commando mobo

2 gigs 667 ddr2 oc'ed

7900 GS

OCZ 750 PSU

For me it work like a charm now in Vista x64.

How :

1. Dont use the CD autorun when inserted just open the CD in explorer then right clic on "autorun.exe" and use the admin right to install it. (dont know the right name in english my version of vista is not in english.)

2. The ArmA shortcut : "..\ArmA\arma.exe" world=empty -nosplash -x=1280 -y=768 -maxmem=512

Under compatibility mode just make a sign on "Run as administrator rights"

For me it solved this error.

Who tryed with -maxmem=512 and not solved it maybe try to use 256 in case of 512 or reinstall it with admin rights like me.

I hope it help some of you.

My conf. :

Vista x64

AMD Athlon x2 4600 (x64)

Asus M2N4-SLI (i dont use sli)

GeForce 7600GS 256Mo (with last official driver : 158.24 Here for vista x64

DDR2 800Mhz 2Go

Realteck integragted sound (last official driver : Realteck Vista 32/64 drivers and other)

^

*Very* good suggestions in there, PicVert!

WinXP is way less restrictive wrt hardware/driver calls of

(especially)ArmA(and other games), than Vista is.

The 'newer' Vista security system prevents a lot of 'normal'

operability, you had (and take for given with Vista as well)

with WinXP/games/software/hardware/driver calls.

This problem happens in WinXP now since the 1.08 patch, so those of you saying you won't go back to XP, well don't worry it wouldn't help anyway... tounge2.gif

I got a reply from BI... and it tells me to redownload from sprocket. Funny thing is, I got the Atari version and downloaded my patch from fileplanet.

As I mentioned in another post, I never had a crash with ArmA untill I totaly reinstalled my computer some days ago. Now I have the same problem you guys have...Same drivers, same updates, same software (even less then before ofcourse since it's a fresh install) and so on.

Something appeares mighty sensetive... wink_o.gif

/Abbe

Well after reading this at armaholic, it is clear that problably the vista Errors wont be fix soon.

Quote[/b] ]5. Is the compatibility improved with the Addon to Vista?

The expansion pack and Windows Vista compatibility is not directly

related. Vista is quite young platform and ArmA is very unusual and

demanding game due to its nature (the engine dynamically allocates on

the go very large amount of data and reaches a lot of limits). Graphics

card drivers are probably one of the main sources of problems in Vista

OS but for now, Windows Vista is not officially supported platform for ArmA.

So as Matt R. did, Im too leaving the game till someone give me the news that ArmA as support for present OS.

See you all

Meh, i uninstalled the game for now and will patiently wait for them to make it playable on vista.

This problem happens in WinXP now since the 1.08 patch, so those of you saying you won't go back to XP, well don't worry it wouldn't help anyway... tounge2.gif
tried booting ur game with -maxmem=512 in the shortcut?

(arghh me go make some wiki asap).

Also make sure you don't run on the 9x.xx series of videocard drivers, the problems seem to be resolved in the 160.xx series, www.guru3d.com they are downloadable.

tried booting ur game with -maxmem=512    in the shortcut?

(arghh me go make some wiki asap)

Happened to me in XP also. Silly me thinking Vista would fix everything (though I can run the game, and well, just not for extended periods of time).

Also make sure you don't run on the 9x.xx series of videocard drivers, the problems seem to be resolved in the 160.xx series, www.guru3d.com they are downloadable.

Hey don't get people's hopes up... 160 drivers have problems of their own and for some people like me, it doesn't do anything for ARMA... sad_o.gif

When I first installed Vista about a week ago, my FPS was between 15-26 with horrendous lod problems and ctd's. Now it's stable as a rock averaging betwwn 38-50 with no polygon deformities and minimal lod loss.

What did it was this cocktail of tweaks:

1.Got rid of the Official Nvidia driver and updated to 160.04

2. Updated sound drivers.

3.Added -maxmem 512

4. turned off paging file

5. Took Atari folder out of 'program files' and placed directly in C/Atari/Arma

6. forced off V-Sync in Nvidia control Panel

I now run this game on high and very high on just about everything. hope this helps somebody smile_o.gif

Yep, that help for now, i was able to be in MP mission for 3 hours without single problem last night, and today about 2 hours. From time to time i use "Flush". I did only what you said on point 1. and 4. and 6. FPS around 40 on 1680*1050

on this machine:

vista 32-bit

8800 GTS

thx yay.gif

I have An oldish ati 850xt and vista 32

I was getting the system blah blah message all the time

but put maxmem=512 and xp compatibility in shortcut

now i am getting ctd about once every few hours

a bit annoying but still i can play.

AGghhh I only just upgraded to vista why didnt i just stick with xp

I get this error after playing for a long time under Windows XP.

AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.0ghz

7950GT with 512mb onboard memory

2GB DDR2 RAM

1.5GB virtual memory

NEVER got this problem before 1.08, not once. Not even on my old 6800GT AGP card.

I get this error after playing for a long time under Windows XP.

AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.0ghz

7950GT with 512mb onboard memory

2GB DDR2 RAM

1.5GB virtual memory

NEVER got this problem before 1.08, not once. Not even on my old 6800GT AGP card.

tried booting ur game with -maxmem=512 in the shortcut?

(arghh me go make some wiki asap).

maxmem solved it, but does that apply to RAM or video memory?
Should be RAM.

No worries if you have 2GB ram while you "limit the game" to 512, it is supposedly a temporary solution hopefully getting fixed completely ASAP ;-)

We wait for that "solution" since 5 patches

I bought a new pc motivated through arma and all i got were crashes, ctds, errors and gfx-bugs... and with every patch it seems even worse..

mine seems to work with the maxmem=256 set but i cant fly choppers with out stutter:-(

Hey Everyone!

I think I just found a (temporary?) solution to the problem(s) for Vista64 users.

Still need confirmation on whether this works for everybody - here's the story:

There were some similarities to glitches/performance problems encountered in "STALKER - Shadow of Chernobyl".

The following procedure is pretty much the same as in STALKER and hence will probably only work properly with 64-bit operating systems (sorry).

Try this:

0) First of all, create a backup of your original "arma.exe"

1) Download "Explorer Suite" found here.

2) Run "CFF Explorer.exe" and open your Arma.exe with it.

3) Open up "NT Headers/File Header" in the left column. Check the right column now. You will find a "Click here" button. Click it. (..)

4) Check "App can handle >2gb addresstest"

5) Save the whole thing.

6) Run Arma.exe with your preferred parameters* (I'm using ' "...\Armed Assault\arma.exe" -nosplash h -maxmem=256 -mod=@ModWarSound', for instance)

*Note that -maxmem=xxx is still used and apparently required here. I DO hope a real patch will be released to address this issue. ("Sniperdoc" is 100% right. It's intolerable and rather embarrassing for BIS. But frankly, I also blame myself for ever having bought Vista.. I fell for DX10.)

By doing all this, I was finally able to play the game in "Very high" Detail with 8xFSAA enabled and "default Textures", not encountering any CTDs or even LOD/texture load problems for the time I played.

I can give you the detailed system specs if needed.

This will still require some confirmation by others especially for longer periods of playing time, as I just can't do that myself at the moment (Uni's a bitch).

Good luck, guys - hope it works!

(posted this before in some other thread, sorry for "spam")

I finally managed to (properly) test it now and was was able to play for hours and hours at maxed details, singleplayer as well as multiplayer, without any crashes, texture bugs or stuttering.

-maxmem=256 (512 will still crash the game for me) and >2gb addresstest seem to work. We applied the same solution to a friend's ArmA version (1.08) with the same stable results.

thumbs-up.gif

I just typed -maxmem=512 and it seems to be working just fine. The framerates are appaling, though. I have a 8800gts640mb and athlon x2 64 6000+, so the game should be working smoothly in open fields and large battlegrounds. Damn Vista, I guess.

I have -maxmem=512 on and Shadows Disabled, I know i can turn up some of my settings more with my computer, but i don't wanna get greedy cause I have not gotten the memory error yet with these settings.

Untitled1.jpg