Sign in to follow this  
NeMeSiS

Zmod (Crappy Zombie Mod)

We had 3 maxims when forming our zombie world:

No reason

No cure

No end.

Hehe, I like it ^^

Gameplay wise, a cure is a good thing to have. It keeps the player motivated, or gives some interesting scenarii.

And, no end... A good old H bomb in the hood' biggrin_o.gif

Malick

Gameplay wise, a cure is a good thing to have. It keeps the player motivated, or gives some interesting scenarii.

Gameplay wise we had a pretty good plot & scenario which meant we didn't need to drift from our maxim wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

And, no end... A good old H bomb in the hood' biggrin_o.gif

No good when the whole world is infected biggrin_o.gif

the one thing that is really scary about zombies, is that is people you know right, you neighboor or family member, thats the real trick in zombies the way I see it, but I think that would be a hard thing to get in the game, a good mission maker could perhaps do it...

Charonos I have another little request if it is possible, can you get a single zombie to moan instead of that loud noise that you hear all the time, its spooky enough but it would be nice if a sudden moan from behind could surprise you...

hi all i have begin one mission playable in sp and mp mode see this movie

a news porters has a bad news for you biggrin_o.gif

nicely done Cervantes seems to be a good start, I'm not sure if its legal to use the sounds from dawn of the dead, but I don't think anyone cares though... hope to see more videos as you make progress...

@Malick

Nice points, you must have seen that youtube thing comparing Dawn of the Dead with consumerism too, if not:

Funny One

As for the units, everything has to be meticulously registered into arrays for the whole thing to function properly, i should have made that information available too, as i realize now that it has the potential to improve some missions, okay here they are:

NEM_ZOMBIEARR: Contains ALL units that are zombies including infected units that have turned into zombies or are zombies by default like Marian Quandt as a zombie.

NEM_TARARR : Contains all humans that are considered a target for the zombies, basically every human and manned vehicle.

NEM_ZOMGROUPS : Contains all groups that contain zombies.

NEM_Timedeath : Contains all humans that have been infected and have not yet turned into zombies.

NEM_AIINFECTED : This is an array that contains arrays to assign an infection time to each infected unit.

It is built like this :

NEM_AIINFECTED=[[infected Unit],[infection Time]]

NEM_PLAYBITETIME: Time when the player got infected

NEM_INFCOUNTER: Number of seconds that the infection timer is counting.

NEM_DEADARR: Array containing all killed humans.

NEM_ZOMBIETYPES : If the mission maker wants to compare a unit's type, in here are all types(class names) of Zombies.

I hope that helps improve some missions.

I might add a mall identificator variable or game logic for buildings and a "Dawn of the Dead" variable that let's em do just that.

@the zombie AIKing

All of that is up to the mission maker, i have tried to enable that with the variables NEM_WPENABLED and NEM_HALTLIST.

If i would add that to the main zombie script the lag would increase significantly.

@agamoth

I' ll look into the moan, it just needs to be separated so that not every zombie that is close to the target will make that sound.

I have tried to have em make different sounds all the time with the use of random array sounds.

yes agamoth but i d'ont have a voice actors women for marian  tounge2.gif  its only good lip i have found for create one zombies news porters intro. and in my movie is a french sound because i french i have translate this sound in english and french and use a original english sound.

a marian and reporter team has now in civilian side i have make one cpp for use this eazly  wink_o.gif

Great insight on the various arrays Charonos ! Thanks, I think that will prove useful to all mission makers.

Now, we're in for one WILD night wink_o.gif

Malick

EDIT : OK, the arrays work nice ! That's perfect...

its possible you join one zombies attack script on forum because you pbo has d'ont extractable because he has compressed with cpbo thx

Do you think it may be possible to just maybe... POST A DAMN LINK TO THE MOD THAT HASN'T EXPIRED banghead.gif

u can read page 13 for some info :d

anyways here its:

CZM (Crappy Zombie Mod).

we were having problem on the site but we hope we have solved them.

Hi there !

I'm still having fun with the zombies... I just wanted to know if slow/fast zombies create same type (slow/fast) zombies when they infect people ? Or is there a variable that manages this ?

Malick

@Malick

There is a config look-up involved into the process of determining

what kind of zombies (slow/normal) to create deriving from

the killing zombie unit thereby ensuring homogenous zombies types.

I figured it would be weird, to have a slow zombie created a fast zombie. No variable is used in that case, just :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_maxspeed=getNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _zombieclass >> "maxSpeed");

if (_maxspeed<4) then

{

_type=_ty+"_InfSlow";

};

OK, thanks.

That's what I thought too, but was not sure about it.

I wanted to create a mission where you have to hunt down a fast zombie that infects civilians, spawning slow zombies.

Malick

Hey there,

i have updated the zombies definitions with the SLX civilians.

It is always nice to have more civilian type zombies available.

The archive contains the woodland and SWAT definitions too.

New Zombie Definitions

Also this little update of the zombies works better now with the definitions, as there was a little database bug concerning the registering of the SWAT units.

One new function, that Malick requested is:

You can determine what type of zombie gets spawned upon

a human is killed with the global variable

NEM_ZOMRESTYPE="Slow"

NEM_ZOMRESTYPE="Fast"

independent from what type the infecting zombie was.

You don't have to declare that variable if you don't want to change the usual method of zombie resurrection.

So an undefined NEM_ZOMRESTYPE results in usual behaviour.

Here the link for the current main config version:

CZM V0.61b

CZM V0.61b

Have fun thumbs-up.gif

Ah still no Rocket launcer totting zombie :P,Good work so far smile_o.gif

hm the new version doesnt work for me... zombies just stand still without doing anything. but 0.60 works.

@jackass888

Which type of zombie in particular are you having problems with?

I am having the same trouble. No matter what zombie I place, they just stand still. Whenever I have been spotted, they'll lie down. After lying down for a few seconds, they get up and flee. They run anywhere but where I am...

What I am doing is

1. Place BLUFOR soldier as player

2. Set Friendly to nobody

3. place many different zombies (20 zombies +- for first test)

4. click preview.

Nothing happens... they just run for their lives.

I apologize for that,

there was one untested line remaining before i uploaded the latest version and it prevented the zombies to be identified.

It is fixed now, here is the new link:

CZM V0.61c

Have fun smile_o.gif

good job charonos!

only two bad things.

first, the name, "crappy" doesn't quite fit anymore does it!

second, I don't have time to play it.