Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR/SLX 2007

I found small bug. When helicopter is burning, I try to put out fire, but when I do this, soldier lie on ground and in box appears new option, light fire.

error1of8.th.jpg

error2bz4.th.jpg

is there any other possible reason why the

arty and airstrikes makes the game crash to desktop after you

pinpoint in the map?? I removed the libya mod and still does

the same...any other explanation anyone??

I noticed that the SU-27 is way faster than the F-15. Anyway to get them both going on say... 1000 kph? (Mach 1 if i remember correctly).

The obviuos reason is that F-15 is easy to kill with a Su-27, and as F-15 pilot it's very hard for me to intercept.

I will get a look at it, but keep in mind that modern mounted grenade launchers cause a very low recoil in real life. ;]

No problem.

I will just show you, that they have a very very low recoil, but they have one! wink_o.gif Even if it's very low.  smile_o.gif

little_video

I noticed that the SU-27 is way faster than the F-15. Anyway to get them both going on say... 1000 kph? (Mach 1 if i remember correctly).

The obviuos reason is that F-15 is easy to kill with a Su-27, and as F-15 pilot it's very hard for me to intercept.

I am not very knowledgeable on the subject of modding, so I don't really have fix for you.  I don't think the solution would be to make the F-15 faster, but to slow down the Su-27.  Operation Flashpoint is not a flight simulator and the game engine cannot really replicate the flight characteristics of either aircraft.  I mean the F-15 has a maximum ceiling of 65,000 feet and top speed of mach 2.5 (mach one is around 1200 km/h, but it depends on the temperature).  It is better when they are scaled down to cater to the limits of the game engine.  I did some testing and the footmunch F-15 has a top speed in game of 853 (1140 with afterburner) in whatever unit of measurement the game uses (probably km/h, but I cannot say for certain).  The Spetsnaz mod Su-27 has a top speed of around 1100 (1900 with afterburner).

Keeping that in mind, I think the best solution would be to replace the Spetsnaz mod Su-27 with the Su-27 from footmunch in the next update.  After all he made the F-15 and the two are well balanced.  Its top speed is 973 (1070 with afterburner).  I know that the footmunch Su-27 is quite old (2004 I think), but it still looks pretty good.  The Spetsnaz mod Su-27 is an unfinished beta and only has one missile type versus the two different missiles carried by footmunch's aircraft (the short range AA-11 "Archer" R-73 and the medium range AA-10 "Alamo" R-27).  I think this may be a case where you have to sacrifice eye candy for game play.

Anyone knows of a good AK and PK firing sounds that sound real. I don´t like the ones from FFUR.

Add-ons I mean...

If you want to switch the SU-27 than Scar's SU-30 is a far better choise. It's not so fast, and has multiple weapons types.

SU-30 is one of Russia's largest exports. (China, India)

As far as I know there are SU-30's in service,though not many.

Anyway it's still better than Footmunch's Su-27.

TB, Spinal Tap,

When you all carry on to ArmA, will you still work around the Russian/US theme? Or will you keep the North Sahrani forces as is?

Just personal preference, but i'd like to see the Russian/US theme reintroduced.

If you want to switch the SU-27 than Scar's SU-30 is a far better choise. It's not so fast, and has multiple weapons types.

SU-30 is one of Russia's largest exports. (China, India)

As far as I know there are SU-30's in service,though not many.

Anyway it's still better than Footmunch's Su-27.

Scar's Su-30 would be excellent.  The main reason why I suggested footmunch's su-27 is because if FFUR already used some of footmunch's models then they must have had permission from footmunch.  Scar may be difficult to reach in regards to getting permission to use the addon.  In game it is very similar in speed to footmunch's f-15.  It tops out at around 860 (1060 with afterburner) give or take a few units of measure.  Compare with the figures in my post above.

Just a couple of things about Scar's Su-30 version 1.1b:

1.  The air to air version has a missing texture where the machine gun is.  You would have to use one of the other models and change the loadout, which should be a simple task.

2.  When you put the aircraft in the editor and change "In Formation" to "Flying," the plane starts with an airspeed of 1500.  This number drops quickly below 1000 then trickles down to its top speed around 860 without afterburners.  This should be changed.

TB, Spinal Tap,

When you all carry on to ArmA, will you still work around the Russian/US theme? Or will you keep the North Sahrani forces as is?

Just personal preference, but i'd like to see the Russian/US theme reintroduced.

Sorry if I gave off the impression that I am affiliated with FFUR, but I am just a fan who posts alot.  That is an excellent question however.  Unfortunately one that I am unqualified to answer.  I agree that the Russian/US theme would be cool to see in ArmA.

I agree with with spinal tap 84 on the subject of the Su-27 being replaced.

The Su-30 is a good choice but i've always been a fan of footmunch's Su-33 Navalized Flanker. I know it strays from the russian army point of view, but it is a well designed project with excellent weapon loadouts, great scripts and great visuals. Besides the US forces in this mod use vehicles from all branches of the US military, why can't the Russians.

Quote[/b] ]TB, Spinal Tap,

I believe this will be decided by the amount of community addons. If Red Hammer Studios continue thier Russian work into ArmA (Which I know They Are) then a US vs Russian ArmA is on the cards. If not I sure it will remain the US vs SLA (sahrani Liberation Army) just with better models, sounds and effects, The way FFUR is.

Quote[/b] ]TB

Im using ffurslx along with the Libya map mod,

do you think thats the reason everytime I

use airstrikes or arty it crashes to the desktop..

however before the patch I didnt have any problems and I

was using both mods...I'll give it a try...

Also by removing // on the slx settings can you enable

supressing fire...let me know..thanks

I'm using this mod also with conjuction with the Libya mod by DMA. I'm not having any of the problems you are reporting. I'm using FFSX2007 with several mods and all I get are model errors and sound glithes (Nothing big, Tbird did mention not to use this mod with any other addons, to get its full benifits)

Sorry if I gave off the impression that I am affiliated with FFUR, but I am just a fan who posts alot.  That is an excellent question however.  Unfortunately one that I am unqualified to answer.  I agree that the Russian/US theme would be cool to see in ArmA.

I just thought I saw your name up there with the FFUR DEVs before

Quote[/b] ]I found small bug. When helicopter is burning, I try to put out fire, but when I do this, soldier lie on ground and in box appears new option, light fire.

The fire's volume is so high that you can't put it out, the user-action that appears in the menu is due to OFP's engine, and actually it isn't removable, unless if the script's basis is completely modified, which doesn't really worth a try.

Quote[/b] ]is there any other possible reason why the

arty and airstrikes makes the game crash to desktop after you

pinpoint in the map?

I was almost sure that the game-logics created by the script were behind the CTDs, but actually it isn't the case, I'm afraid this feature would be disabled until we would replace the script by a more stable variant.

Quote[/b] ]Keeping that in mind, I think the best solution would be to replace the Spetsnaz mod Su-27 with the Su-27 from footmunch in the next update. After all he made the F-15 and the two are well balanced. Its top speed is 973 (1070 with afterburner). I know that the footmunch Su-27 is quite old (2004 I think), but it still looks pretty good. The Spetsnaz mod Su-27 is an unfinished beta and only has one missile type versus the two different missiles carried by footmunch's aircraft (the short range AA-11 "Archer" R-73 and the medium range AA-10 "Alamo" R-27). I think this may be a case where you have to sacrifice eye candy for game play.

You always find the convincing arguments to get the changes done. ;]

-Added to the list of enhancements and changes of the incoming patch.

Quote[/b] ]Anyone knows of a good AK and PK firing sounds that sound real. I don´t like the ones from FFUR.

Please could you provide more details about what you have in mind, anything that could make the MOD "better" in some ways, would be greatly appreciated.

Quote[/b] ]If you want to switch the SU-27 than Scar's SU-30 is a far better choise. It's not so fast, and has multiple weapons types.

Scar's Su-30 is a great choice and it would be added alongside Footumunch's Su-27, since everyone's allowed to edit/release it according to Scar's credits statement. (of course, as long as credits are properly written as well).

Quote[/b] ]TB, Spinal Tap,

Some words to clarify things about the future of FFUR, actually this is the main objective of ArmA upcoming FFUR MOD, the MOD would be based on a Modern US/Russia (/or China) conflict, which would be using modern/authentic Addons/models/Sounds (SFX)/Loadouts/Ammunition values/Tracers/Effects, it all depends on /further MODs cooperation/BIS incoming patches and tools in the future and on the necessary time for accomplishing such a conversion, since I would be joining a new division located in the middle of France, which wouldn't make things easy to manage.

Thank you for your interest anyways, I will keep you informed.

Regards,

TB

TB you should check out and fix some sounds, for example when you are driving tank if you run in to wall or building, even with very low speed, it makes terrible bang, sounds like the tank had just exploded in a million peaces. You could change it to more realistic one. And in my opinion m4a1 sounds were better in old version, but russian AK-74 sound is way better than before.

Quote[/b] ]TB you should check out and fix some sounds, for example when you are driving tank if you run in to wall or building, even with very low speed, it makes terrible bang, sounds like the tank had just exploded in a million peaces. You could change it to more realistic one. And in my opinion m4a1 sounds were better in old version, but russian AK-74 sound is way better than before.

Actually there is one sound that simulates "walls impacts" which is defined by BIS, you can add more sounds but they would be random in game so you might have a breaking-wall SFX whereas it is simply about an accident between an Abrams and a Bradley, heh.

The actual sound is a good balance between situation and relevant SFX imo.

Concerning M4/M16 sounds, I somewhat agree with you about'em and they would be replaced by better ones, since the current ones sound more like "AK" SFX.

Btw, the artillery feature has finally been fixed up, and even improved since there is actually a stable scripting architecture inspired from some old scripts I found in my usermission's folder,

Now, you are able to increase/decrease the scattering and you can change the number of shots, exactly as modern artillery doctrines are meant to be, but keep in mind that you can call the artillery only twice, so make a good use of it.

artybv6.jpg

The Air Support feature would be temporary taken out, though.

regards,

TB

Here, try this video to show what I´m talking about.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2778889857563878135&hl=en

You´ll hear the firing sound of the AK-74, GP-30 grenade launcher and RPG-7. Now, the RPG and the grenade launcher sounds are quite good, no need to mod that.

The AK-74, the AK-47 and the RPK should not sound the same since all three have different caliber of ammunition.

Intensive footage,

Now it is hard to get exactly the same sounds in OFP, with the same echo and same level, but I would try to extract the sounds from this 'movie', rework'em a bit and would keep you informed.

regards,

TB

Thats A Nice Update There Tbird.

Nice To See The New Artillery Feature Being Fully Optimized

Since you are fixing the Artillery and Air support, there are a couple of problems.

You can not always use the three supports, it depends on the order you call them, sometimes one of them dissapears.

Also about the gravity problem that was previously reported, I spotted a wooden box going up into the sky after one of the supports were given.

Looks like FFUR\SLX better then FFUR 2006 2.0, I tray best i can to download this, Its very more relisticy smile_o.gif .

Thanks Souls\TB\and SamotH for make Operation Flashpoint alive smile_o.gif

smile_o.gif Rebl man cheers.

thanks TB,

I removed all extra addons and the airstrikes and arty works

perfectly..too bad I wont be able to use my extra mods..

The arty has a funny noise though....

another thing is the supress fire enable by default?

I actually think that the sounds included in the patch are the best sounds that FFUR used in quite some time, esspecially the Russian weapons. All of the weapons sound distinct from one another. It is extremely difficult to get "realistic" sounds while keeping everyone satisfied. I do, however, appreciate TB's and the posters' dedication to perfecting the sounds.

TB, good mod & good work! However as usual tounge2.gif

Good camo for US sniper. But why don't do like it fo RU sniper?

Something like this

http://sniperfiles.fatal.ru/images/s2maskirovka.htm

Optic view http://devir.ru/dev/info417.php

About sound. There are two links sound of AK 100-series:

1. http://club.guns.ru/images/audio/ak1.wav

2. http://club.guns.ru/images/audio/ak2.wav

Now you can compare this sounds with sound AK in game biggrin_o.gif

Also video with good sound of fire:

1. AK, Bizon http://club.guns.ru/video.html

2. AK, SVD, Ventorez http://infantry.lifecity.ru/videos.htm

Quote[/b] ]ou can not always use the three supports, it depends on the order you call them, sometimes one of them dissapears.

No worries, this would be fixed with the incoming patch.

Quote[/b] ]Also about the gravity problem that was previously reported, I spotted a wooden box going up into the sky afterone of the supports were given.

Since the scripting basis is modified, there should be no problem with the incoming patch, this issue was due to the logics used by the previous script, though.

Quote[/b] ]I removed all extra addons and the airstrikes and arty works perfectly..too bad I wont be able to use my extra mods..

The arty has a funny noise though....

The artillery cannon's sound would be disabled and you would be hearing instead a new "wizzing" SFX intended to simulate flying shells.

Quote[/b] ]I do, however, appreciate TB's and the posters' dedication to perfecting the sounds.

Thanks but I must admit that getting "realistic" sounds in OFP is not an easy task since as you stated, not everyone might be satisfied with the result.

Quote[/b] ]Good camo for US sniper. But why don't do like it fo RU sniper?

Something like this

]http://sniperfiles.fatal.ru/images/s2maskirovka.htm

I'm afraid to be forced to answer the same thing as previously, since the lack of interest from the community towards OFP is not encouraging to involve efforts in carrying out new models.

Plus, Laser's model is fine here and nobody complained about it so far, the previous US model has been taken out only because of its LOD issues, though.

Thank you for the Ak samples, btw.

regards,

TB