Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Ask a moderator about the forum and the rules

Altough I've done it myself, I must admit that this thread is starting to become quite a big "The mods this" "The mods that" etc. etc.

I am uncertain if that was the purpose of this whole thread, and I'm wondering how this relates to the Rule about not discussing Moderator choices in the public etc.

And why not sickboy, to disciuss (some - which 'deserves' ) moderating choices in the public!? Sometimes this is necessary. Unless if they're untouchable. And sometimes and in some cases re-routing all such things towards the PMs is nothing by an aliby for the mods e.g. sweeping the dirt under the carpet.

Altough I've done it myself, I must admit that this thread is starting to become quite a big "The mods this" "The mods that" etc. etc.

I am uncertain if that was the purpose of this whole thread, and I'm wondering how this relates to the Rule about not discussing Moderator choices in the public etc.

And why not sickboy, to disciuss (some - which 'deserves' ) moderating choices in the public!? Sometimes this is necessary. Unless if they're untouchable. And sometimes and in some cases re-routing all such things towards the PMs is nothing by an aliby for the mods e.g. sweeping the dirt under the carpet.

The Why Not is exactly what I said; Not the purpose of the thread and against the rules.

But I understand partially, as I said I did it myself before aswell, but it actually amazed me that it was accepted instead of killed to move it to PM smile_o.gif

You may ask about the rules, not why didnt you do this instead of that.

Quote[/b] ]§18) No public discussion on how the forum is moderated

If you have questions/complaints/comments about the board or moderators please PM them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please PM the head moderator (Shadow), he will be happy to look into the matter.

§2) Follow the instructions of the moderators

When a moderator or BIS staff member asks you to do something or to stop doing something, please follow their instructions. If you have questions/complaints/comments about the board or moderators please PM them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please PM the head moderator (Shadow), he will be happy to look into the matter.

karantan, I have yet to see another forum's rules being changed because a handful of people disagree. It will not happen here either, so please get back on topic or we will be forced to PR you if you dont intend to follow the rules.

You may ask about the rules, not why didnt you do this instead of that.

Yes I may, but also that's it, this is where all the further discussion stops.

Quote[/b] ]karantan, I have yet to see another forum's rules being changed because a handful of people disagree. It will not happen here either, so please get back on topic or we will be forced to PR you if you dont intend to follow the rules.

Typical and as I said; swept under the carpet. And you have no ground to clame that "handful of people disagree". And don't hide behind that 'we'.

Now you can PR me.

A 48hr vacation away from the forums doesnt seem to have an effect on you.

See you in a month.

We didnt have enough sticky threads in MP so I moved it there.

Is it true that unless a sig is advertising a mod or a clan, it's agains the forum rules?

Abs

[Edit: Typo.]

Is it true we unless a sig is advertising a mod or a clan, it's agains the forum rules?

Yes.

If it's low-key (as your current one), then that's not a big deal, but if off-topic ones are going overboard, then they will be removed.

Is it true we unless a sig is advertising a mod or a clan, it's agains the forum rules?

Yes.

If it's low-key (as your current one), then that's not a big deal, but if off-topic ones are going overboard, then they will be removed.

The signature may be used to advertise your clan, fan-site or addons, but not as a billboard for flaming or opinion statements.

Now it says that is may be used to advertise a clan, fan-site, or addon. It does not say that it's only limited to advertising a clan, fan-site, or addon.

Can I get an interpretation of this from the head moderator please?

Abs

I can't think of any other forum that has so many rules.

Why does this one have so many rules?

Yes.

The signature may be used to advertise your clan, fan-site or addons, but not as a billboard for flaming or opinion statements.

Now it says that is may be used to advertise a clan, fan-site, or addon. It does not say that it's only limited to advertising a clan, fan-site, or addon.

Can I get an interpretation of this from the head moderator please?

Abs

If you want answers from a specific mod, don't ask here, please PM him. This thread's title is "Ask _a_ moderator"... wink_o.gif

@Chipper: Good question. I guess it's because we have many users who can't behave (no matter whether with or without rules) so we're putting some rules up that everyone can see why user XY got banned wink_o.gif As you all accepted to follow the mod's advises, we could live (& mod) without rules as well, it'd look a bit less "constitutional" then... whistle.gif

go to mp.net and then come back and complain about the rules and moderators here wink_o.gif

Hey did 1 of my posts get deleted from this thread or did I just hallucinate the whole thing?

Hey did 1 of my posts get deleted from this thread or did I just hallucinate the whole thing?

I'm quite sure that there was no post deleted here. huh.gif

I'm quite sure that there was no post deleted here. huh.gif

Might be the forum software, occasionally I enter a thread and the page is completely empty (with the two darkest blue banners against eachother, with no actual post(s) in between). Think it has been reported a few times by others as well. Let's face it, if the flamers don't cause the collapse of the server running these forums, the software will...

Most company forums are relatively strictly moderated, because it is not in the company's interest to see alot of rubbish on the forums that it is paying for to offer first line user-support.

The mp.net forums are another good example, not owned by a company, but dedicated to serious conversation.

If you want answers from a specific mod, don't ask here, please PM him. This thread's title is "Ask _a_ moderator"... wink_o.gif

Nah, it's still open to all moderators to answer. But I'd also like to hear from the head honcho on this. thumbs-up.gif

Abs

go to mp.net and then come back and complain about the rules and moderators here wink_o.gif

This is the "ask a moderator" thread not ask messiah thread.

Hello. I am wondering, if a forum account can be shared between two lovers involved in any type of relationship?

Hello. I am wondering, if a forum account can be shared between two lovers involved in any type of relationship?
Just a question; why on earth would one want to share a forum account with others? Usual forum accounts dont have other rights than others, unless ur a Moderator or other Hidden-forum-participant. Posting under the same account is a bit weird as there's 2 different persons on 1 name; What is the purpose, if one at all, to use the same account? smile_o.gif

(I know that you asked the Moderators, but it's simply a question drawn up)

Just a question; why on earth would one want to share a forum account with others? Usual forum accounts dont have other rights than others, unless ur a Moderator or other Hidden-forum-participant. Posting under the same account is a bit weird as there's 2 different persons on 1 name; What is the purpose, if one at all, to use the same account? smile_o.gif

(I know that you asked the Moderators, but it's simply a question drawn up)

I bet you'd like to know that sickboy, I bet you would ;o)

I bet you'd like to know that sickboy, I bet you would ;o)

Somehow you must be a truth-teller; Ur completely right! rofl.gif

Just a question; why on earth would one want to share a forum account with others?

Maybe because you'd both be using the same IP-address, and if a moderators sees that = bannage for both of them, as one would assume only males between 10-50 play ArmA wink_o.gif

The same goes for if you have brothers (or other family members) that happen to play the game, and share the same internet connection.

When doing a search for 1.08 just in the last month, thread-names only:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....0b0f133

There comes many many 1.08 threads, at least some of them look to me like they could be merged with existing threads as many is about the same or related smile_o.gif

@Sharing Same Account

Ty for the answer Jdb smile_o.gif

Isn't it usual nowadays that the whole family has his own computer or at the very least their own accounts when playing games?

Anyway, not THAT interesting smile_o.gif