Sign in to follow this  
rellikki

Rellikki's stuff

Thanks for the help and opinions everyone.

Quote[/b] ]The camouflage for the South Sahrani's looks good, the spacing of the pattern is closer to the original ERDL than the later woodland pattern (basically an enlargement of ERDL). The choice of that camouflage pattern is in my opinion good, as variants of it are in widespread service. For the urban pattern besides a variation of your ERDL pattern, the Urban Warrior 1999 experimental pattern might be an option. A variant of it featured a tan background instead of the light grey and was used for some time in Future Force Warrior concept pictures. That variant would fit better with the sand coloured buildings in the south.

Yes, it's a good camouflage and I think I will use it. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] assume the offer to help with the reskins doesnt stand anymore?

I just ask cause then i must see who else could help as i dont wanna waste all the work done

Sure it does. I just don't ever see you on when I am. confused_o.gif

The only drawback in the urban camo is that it will make you very easy to spot in mostly green/brown environment.

Agreed... Hyperstealth SOPAT III or Spec4ce pattern would be sweet. I did show you what I was trying to implement, already on MSN.

I've decided to stick with the original camouflage I used, since it's probably the most obvious camo they would get from US army, and it would take a while to make a new pattern (lazy me). The ones you mentioned above, helping_hand and BlackScropion, are good ideas, but aren't those camouflages designed for special forces?

If you want me to make any quick changes to the original camo or have some other ideas to the addon, tell them now. I'm going to release this today, as well as the urban guys too probably. wink_o.gif I'm also going to update the SLA Desert pack this weekend, basicly the aircraft textures and new vehicles and weapons which came with ArmA v.1.05.

...aren't those camouflages designed for special forces?

You could use the one you have now for default RACS and the other ones for royal guards/commandos smile_o.gif

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Royal Army Corps Sahrani Woodland Units released!</span>

Well, got a bit tired of addon making for a little while, but I'm back with another release - Royal Army Corps Sahrani Woodland Units. This addon comes up with RACS units in woodland uniforms, to be used in woodland areas. The addon also contains some reskinned RACS vehicles, Landrover, M113 and Vulcan. I tried to make the helmets plain green, like if they'd not had any cover, but I ran into a problem with normal maps, as seen here, but I think I got it solved, thanks to the guys who replied there. The next release will have units with no helmet covers, unless you like it this way. It would make them look less US army looking if I'd do so I think. Feedback and comments are welcome!

Next release will be RACS Urban Units, which I will *hopefully* finish in a few hours. smile_o.gif

Newer version available on the first post.

I love them. It's a nice camo you have there. keep up the good work notworthy.gifyay.gif

Very good work ...

And a green M1A1 ask for south sarani ... smile_o.gif

Awesome work, these are some of the best addons I've seen for ArmA wink_o.gif

Nice work on the woodland RACS! Could you please give the commando units healing abilities like you did for the desert SLA?

Thank you! smile_o.gif

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Quote[/b] ]Very good work ...

And a green M1A1 ask for south sarani ... smile_o.gif

Sure, I'll add it in the next patch.

Quote[/b] ]Nice work on the woodland RACS! Could you please give the commando units healing abilities like you did for the desert SLA?

Thank you! smile_o.gif

Sure thing! wink_o.gif

I will also retexture the AH6's and MH6's to green, so they will have choppers to fit in woodland areas.

Ps. For those who haven't noticed, I have a website where I will add all my releases from addons to missions and you can even find my ArmA screenshots from there. wink_o.gif Hosted by Armaholic.com.

welcome.gif

Top notch texturing on these new units, I look forward to the urban troops.

Regards,

Sander

A picture of the urban troops:-

hfghf1tq1.jpg

Well, it won't work in north Sahrani cities so well, but I think it works perfectly in south, which is the most important thing, right? whistle.gif Since these are RACS units.

IMHO that pattern is fugly but i've yet to see a pic of them in urban terrain.

IMHO, I think that cam is fantastic!  It seems to suit the guys very well, I think it's cool!

But, could you please consider adding a 'rolled up' part to the bottom of their sleeves? I don't know why the BIS gang gave the RACS t-shirts to wear in combat! tounge2.gif

Great stuff!

Stew

Hmm, maybe they don't know what long-sleeved shirts are... whistle.gif But I'm going to stick with those, since BIS gave those to them, so they shall stay in the curse of t-shirts then, and it gives them a special style.

Nice job on the retexing Rellikki thumbs-up.gif

I think that camo looks cool. Isn't that the one of the camos the US was considering using before?

Well, when I think the game needs some certain type of unit, I tell some of my friends about it and ask what they think about it and how they should look like. Or I'll start creating units that some of my friends wanted to see in the game and voilá. whistle.gif

Well, when I think the game needs some certain type of unit, I tell some of my friends about it and ask what they think about it and how they should look like. Or I'll start creating units that some of my friends wanted to see in the game and voilá. whistle.gif

Anyway, you are doing a great job! biggrin_o.gif