Sign in to follow this  
rellikki

Rellikki's stuff

Great job. biggrin_o.gifnotworthy.gif

btw, look into your pm .. about the FIA veh. . u know. wink_o.gif

Winter FIA is kinda useless at the moment, since there are no winter islands in ArmA, but we were planning that in Winter Warfare Mod. I might create some vehicles later when I'm in the mood. wink_o.gif

Rellikki i saw the resistance have no blood texture, is it possible to add new blood textures in the moment?

*Edit*

I forgot to say, you make a great job smile_o.gifwink_o.gif

No blood textures?

Hows that possible?

I mean ArmA automaticly adds the blood on your textures if the unit gets damaged... its not painted on additional textures anymore...

Probably deleted it in the ArmA config by any chance?

No blood textures?

Hows that possible?

I mean ArmA automaticly adds the blood on your textures if the unit gets damaged... its not painted on additional textures anymore...

Probably deleted it in the ArmA config by any chance?

They only get automatically added if you base your class around the correct class.

eg

NewSoldier: SoldierWB

Is this case NewSoldier is a reskinned US Soldier. If you have a reskinned SLA soldier and base him around the SoldierWB-class he'll have no blood textures. You can solve that by adding the appropiete "damage-stuff" to the config. Than you can base them off from whatever unit you like...

So if you write the config correctly they get the blood textures added.

I did base them in correct class. Well, at least I think so... Here's a part of the config:

Quote[/b] ]/*extern*/ class OfficerG;

class RLK_guer_ofcr: OfficerG

{...

It is like that in all my other addons too, and the blood textures seem to work fine on them. confused_o.gif

But the model is a SLA one, so it needs the blood textures from the SLA models or am i wrong?

Oh yeah, you're right. I'll see if it works if I replace the "OfficerG" with something from the SLA side.

Hey Rellikki, Great stuff.

But I got a bit of a noob editing question so excuse my ignorance in the subject.

I want to make a campaign about the liberation of Northern Sarahni, where the FIA will fight the RACS forces out of the North.

Q: How do I edit the addon to allow your FIA units to become selectable in the East soldier list? I tried placing them on the map with a East Squad Leader whose probability of pressence was set to 0%, But The FIA troops in my squad had the Red NMY tags which might get confusing in larger battles that I plan on making.

Please if you could spell it out as to how I might make the FIA fight under East (or West) I would greatly Appreciate it.

help.gifhelp.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Awesome stuff. Really brings back the memories inlove.gif

You should have been in the CWR mod, hehe smile_o.gif

Hey Mjrstiffy,

The way you tried to set them to the OPFOR side should work, at least it does if you'd do that in Operation Flashpoint. You can however change their side by editing the mission.sqm file too. Just put some FIA guys on the map, save the mission, open the mission.sqm file from the mission and look for lines like this:-

Quote[/b] ] class Item0

{

side="GUER";

class Vehicles

{

items=1;

class Item0

{

position[]={2502.520020,13.860000,2550.000000};

id=0;

side="GUER";

vehicle="RLK_guer_ofcr";

player="PLAYER COMMANDER";

leader=1;

skill=0.600000;

};

If you spot a line like that one above (bolded), that's one of my guerillas. You can change his side by replacing the side="GUER";'s with side="EAST"; (This sets them to the OPFOR side). It requires a bit of work and time, but it shouldn't be a problem I guess. After this, save the file and reopen the mission in the mission editor. Do not touch the guerillas after this (Edit their rank, init line, etc., you can move them around the map however), because this will set them back to the RACS side.

Here are all the classnames for my guerillas:-

Quote[/b] ]RLK_guer_ofcr.......Officer

RLK_guer_sol........Rifleman

RLK_guer_aa........AA Soldier

RLK_guer_at.........AT Soldier

RLK_guer_grnd.....Grenadier

RLK_guer_miner....Miner

RLK_guer_hmg......Machinegunner

RLK_guer_mdc......Medic

RLK_guer_snpr......Sniper

RLK_guer_pilot......Pilot

RLK_guer_crew......Crewman

Hope it helped. smile_o.gif

Thanks for the suggestion but I still see RED tags on my squad members when I start playin. I used your method but I still have that same problem. Basically I want to know if its allright for me to modify or duplicate your addon so that the Resistance troops are selectable Under EAST in the mission editor by default. I think that this way the name tag that pops up when pointing at friendlys will display green instead of red.

If its allright to modify your addon in this way can you please point me in the right direction so I can learn how to modify them. Maybe a link to the right disscussion board that can spell out how to open and edit individual addons. I just want these guys to Fight as EAST and maybe still be able to tweak them in the editor on the fly as I build my missions. Because if I see something I dont like about the Unit's behavior or loadout I cant just select the unit and make changes to it without the unit model switching to the Default SLA solders.

Well in that case you may do your own modification of it. Just copy the config from my addon and put it in a new folder, edit it as you want and then pbo it. Remember to change the classnames and stuff to something different, so it's compatible with the original addon, but keep the model paths the same. This will make it so my addon is also required to use that modification and saves a lot of time from you too.

IMO, they should get a non US camo.

I realize it makes sense that the US would give them gear but in the end it becomes another US army addon.

I just think something different would be more interesting.

EDIT: and what do you think about a retex of the 4x4 truck in either desert or non desert camo?

This one

smile_o.gif

Oh I dunno. Many people said they should have an US camo since they're getting their gear from the US Army. And I really don't have any ideas what else I could use. confused_o.gif Besides many countries use the US BDU pattern or modifications of it - Spain, Lithuania, Italy, Croatia, etc.

what about some British DPM smile_o.gif

any possibility of mixed camos eg marpat top, ACU bottoms

A lil offtopic as i didnt get a answer to my PMs and MSN questions.

@Rellikki

I assume the offer to help with the reskins doesnt stand anymore?

I just ask cause then i must see who else could help as i dont wanna waste all the work done sad_o.gif

Hi,

The desert, urban and resistance units are excellent addons. Thanks for the effort you put into them.

====

The camouflage for the South Sahrani's looks good, the spacing of the pattern is closer to the original ERDL than the later woodland pattern (basically an enlargement of ERDL). The choice of that camouflage pattern is in my opinion good, as variants of it are in widespread service. For the urban pattern besides a variation of your ERDL pattern, the Urban Warrior 1999 experimental pattern might be an option. A variant of it featured a tan background instead of the light grey and was used for some time in Future Force Warrior concept pictures. That variant would fit better with the sand coloured buildings in the south.

Regards,

Sander