Sign in to follow this  
sasyboy

UK Weapons

with Cobra's SAS units

Weapons work as wanted now. Just need to make them look a whole lot nicer.

open2.jpg

open3.jpg

looks very nice thumbs-up.gif

theres an SA80 modell from DSA maybe u have a look into it (it only has more details)

if you ask me what I'd do with the model, I'd first of smooth the handle, add subdivision to the stock and remove that really sharp edge (not saying that it should be round but those edges looks like they can cut you in half tounge2.gif ) then I'd pay alot of concentration to the fine details on the gun. BTW many low detailed things make an object look very highpoly and detailed while they use very few pollygons. very usefull on stuffs like this.

Now the SA80 is not the most complex gun (shape) so it wouldn't require that many polly to make it look really good. try to reach a least 1000 pollys wink_o.gif then you'll have a fairly good looking weapon that can be used by many soldiers ingame without cousing lag. If you ask me I'd rather have 200 soldiers with less detailed weapon than 100 soldiers with very detailed weapons thumbs-up.gif

aye I see what you're saying. Now that the rifles are working fine I may put in more work into the texturing, modeling but I'm not looking to make something good anyhows. Someone else can do that for me if they like wink_o.gifwink_o.gif. My next objective is to work on the UGL because it looks like something from out of space. smile_o.gif

considering HK made it, it pretty much always will look like its made out of space tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ] "made out of space"

that is totaly illogical captain

Given your apparent hung over state this morning i think we can overlook it this time ....

I think you mean futuristic rofl.gif

@ sasy .. keep it up fella these show promise indeed smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] "made out of space"

that is totaly illogical captain

Given your apparent hung over state this morning i think we can overlook it this time ....

I think you mean futuristic rofl.gif

@ sasy .. keep it up fella these show promise indeed smile_o.gif

i was beyond comprehension last night and this morning was something from dawn of the dead... yeah, futuristic is what i meant - believe it or not i spent 30 mins staring at that sentance 1. trying to work out if it made sense and 2. trying to focus the eyes

@general

Ok but I can't promise to use it. I've spent a while doing the first model and got it working... also the thought of having 1000 polys to texture scares me

Nice work sassy mate. Was Al Simmons saying that DSA had an SA80 you could use or just look at?

what I can use the DSA model in this addon? Anyone got a link or are you going to tell me to use the search button? tounge2.gif

http://files.filefront.com/DSA_Models_V1rar/;5343251;;/fileinfo.html

loads here i think...

http://nana.gamer.co.il/gamer2....hLight=

If you read the readme inside the rar on that first link it says

Quote[/b] ]Go ahead and use anything you like in OFP, VBS1, ARMA, game 2. Only catch is: if you

use something I made you must name me in the credits for the part. Do not try and pass my

work off as your own. I have spent TOO much time on this stuff. Do not export outside of

BIS's .p3d files.

There are LOADS of weapons in that pack. Including SA80.

@general

Ok but I can't promise to use it.  I've spent a while doing the first model and got it working... also the thought of having 1000 polys to texture scares me

1000? it's not very much...

BTW I never said how many triangles there were in my model. It's about 2400. Pretty decent I hope smile_o.gif

Hi do you have release date for the guns and

where did you get that UK Troops skin to , They look Cool   biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: Yeah Sounds Good   smile_o.gif

UK SAS Re-texture is my work and will be available with the SA80's and other UK weapons sasy's making upon their completion.

I've looked into DSA but I havn't got the time to do anything about it and the addons as is do what I need them to do.  I'm hoping to realise by the end of the month.  They need touching up a bit *rude*.  Anouther reason at the moment I've got a lot on.  I need to make a JavaME project work, got forms to fill in and woman to look after not to mention missions to make and games to play smile_o.gif

Women can look after themselves! Unless there's a nuclear war and the only food they have access to is in jars.

Looking forward to the release guys, good work.

do you have any news for us about how your weapons are lookin ? smile_o.gif

have alot of time for your efforts sasy - been playing around getting our sa80's ported (mainly for the sake of seeing how easy/hard it is) and its a bit of a headache at times - any chance of a screenie to see how they ended up? The UKF ones really show their age now confused_o.gif