Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA Addon request thread

now seriously whos butt do i have to kiss to get surface to air missile units

M2770 Chapparal.....M-113 with sidewinders.....

SA-9 Gaskin .....BRDM 2 with strelas.....

M730 Chapparal or named MIM-72 Chapperal is beeing worked on, see RKSL topic page 45  smile_o.gif

The Sa6 systems are planned too

i knowyou at RSKL have taken alot of flak lately about not being legit. I have seen all your spectacular models on the website.... but i have yet to see any add-ons. We are still waiting for the stuff you were working on last summer. IE C-130.... I know its not easy to get from start to finish. I feel as an avid RSKL watcher(dreaming of having your hawk battery) would lay to rest all the nay sayers...Pick one object and complete it so you cangive everybody the finger....please pick a SAM unit....

Oh and by the way the Chapparal System is the M2770 and the AIM-9M variant of the missile is the NIM-72  xmas_o.gif

The first that comes out as it looks like now would be the Cessna I think, I am having some problems with my graphic card which makes it hard to work with photoshop.

About the M730 Chap.. I searched google "M2770" and only got hits of projectors tounge2.gif When searching for M730 or M730A1/A2 You get over 100 hits showing the M730 Chaparral.

M730 info

Fas.org

Can you show me a website telling its the M2770? I'm interested to see one.

biggrin_o.gif

well i have plenty of pictures from the 6 years i manned one as well  as some of my od FMs and TMs laying around. I will scan some stuff and get it to you PM me with an address you would like me to send it to.

you may also find info on a M48 Chapparral thats a specific export version for the israelis

ps the M730 variants are the equipment tractor itself carried everything from the lance and honest john up to the chapparal set.

Hello Guys!

If i had the slightest idea how, i would do it by myself.

I am talking about Binos with a built in compass.

Something like this:

890.jpg

marine3.jpg

Would be great if someone would be able to make something like that notworthy.gif

And to all Addon- Mod- Map- and Scriptmaker: You are my heroes!!

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Anybody doing a Super Hornet?

I got a 3D model I bought and would like to have it in something, and I have over a thousand reference photos. PM me if interested.

Any body retext Mapfacts AH-64 Air pack? Its an vary nice pack but the paint scheems are vary old like OFP old if some one could make an retexturing of the AH-64 and CH would be awsome biggrin_o.gif I know that there are some vary skilled retexturing people out there that would do an vary awsome job at this.

I seem to recall Franze was making one?

Okay, I'll look about for it then..

Guest RKSL-Rock
i knowyou at RSKL have taken alot of flak lately about not being legit. I have seen all your spectacular models on the website.... but i have yet to see any add-ons. We are still waiting for the stuff you were working on last summer. IE C-130.... I know its not easy to get from start to finish. I feel as an avid RSKL watcher(dreaming of having your hawk battery) would lay to rest all the nay sayers...Pick one object and complete it so you cangive everybody the finger....please pick a SAM unit....

Oh and by the way the Chapparal System is the M2770 and the AIM-9M variant of the missile is the NIM-72 xmas_o.gif

There is a little hate campaign and rumour mongering going on. It was started by someone with a grudge and obviously very low self esteem, who has now slinked off into shadows again. Don't believe the rumours you hear, if it isn’t posted by an RKSL Team member or on our Website it just isn’t true tounge2.gif

As for the Chaparral... I've been all through the usual sources looking for a single reference to M2770 and can’t find any. The valid refs are: M-730A2, M48 and MIM-72. Where did you get the M2770 from?

I am wondering if somebody would try to make US and Korean units from Crysis.

It could look great in ArmA because units like for example US Heavy VTOL or Atlas2 tank are really awesome.

I think that it would be very nice to have these units in ArmA

Just wondering if anyone is working on some custom models for UK soldiers?

I know that RKSL are making UK aircraft but apparently some other group was making ground stuff, but i havnt heard any info on some UK troops.

Any ideas?

I already answered you on page 59 smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yep

I pressume that 'other' group is ourselves

(The site is down at the moment due to our hosts being hacked, and thus they had to reset all hosted sites' passwords out of precaution - back soon we hope)

oh shit sry mate, totally forgot that i posted back there tounge2.gif

What sorta stuff u gonna b doin n do u have any progress screens?

if its British and muddy, then we're pretty much covering it - Progress screens unfortunately not, but mainly through stubborness of rather showing our stuff once its ingame and nearly ready.

hopefully not much longer, but real life and the occasional hacker can ruin the best laid plans.

NIM-72 = Missile

M730 and M730A2 = GUN TRACTOR

M48 and M54 = Launcher set

Yhe launcer set is dismountable from the gun tractor (modified M-113 Chassis)

NIM-72 + M54 + M730 = M2770 Chapparal Air Defense System

FM 3-01.11

I manned one for 6 years as i told you before if you need any photos or refence materiel drop ma a PM

and i would like some static versions of the M240, M249 and PKM, preferably mounted on their bipods on sandbags and barrels.. to make it look better we could settle for a limited arc of fire, like maybe 90 degrees or similar...

hope it can inspire someone smile_o.gif

You know what would not only be extremely useful but also awesome?

Multiple Player/User Editor, i.e 2 players can actively use the editor at the same time and see what eachother is placing etc.

This would be a big help to alot of mission makers/mod teams etc I think.

EDIT: infact I think I'll make a thread about it...

A mod that doesn't require an addon that gets rid of grass maybe? I saw Kegetys stuff, but I'd like some way of getting rid of that crap.

NIM-72 = Missile

M730 and M730A2 = GUN TRACTOR

M48 and M54 = Launcher set

Yhe launcer set is dismountable from the gun tractor (modified M-113 Chassis)

NIM-72 + M54 + M730 = M2770 Chapparal Air Defense System

FM 3-01.11

I manned one for 6 years as i told you before if you need any photos or refence materiel drop ma a PM

First, its MIM, not NIM, standing for

M - Guided Missile

I - Interception

M - Ground Launched, Mobile

And has been since 1963. In the Mission-Design-Series naming standards, which have been standard since 1963, N stands for Probe. With a "Probe" being defined as a non-orbital instrumented vehicle used for meteorological and other measurements (i.e., a sounding rocket). As such, the "N" vehicle type is effectively superfluous, because every probe could be classed within one the types "M" (if the probe is guided) or "R" (if it is not).

Second, the M730 was designed, or rather modified from the M113 chassis, explicitly for the carriage of the MIM-72 Chaparral system, which is officially designated as the M54 armament system. The M730 and M54 combined is officially designated the M48. (Carriers for other systems were of different design and different designation, the M727 for the MIM-23 HAWK for example)

Third, there isn't reference to a "M2770" or even the M48/M730 or even the Chaparral in FM 3.01-11, and hasn't been any reference to the Chaparral in FM 3.01-11, since it was phased out before that FM was written. If the Chaparral system was referenced anywhere, it would be in FM 44-2-1, which was the predecessor of 3.01-11.

Dude, he may have mistyped, the "N" is right next to the "M" on a QWERTY keyboard wink_o.gif

Dude, he may have mistyped, the "N" is right next to the "M" on a QWERTY keyboard wink_o.gif

Three times in two separate posts?? The odds are against that...

lol okay, he's confused smile_o.gif

Wish someone could make a new 500 and 2000 lb LGB with better gfx, sfx and higher velocity...and which doesn't fall horizontally. biggrin_o.gif

AI plane that drop bombs from a much higher altitude.

BUZZARD @ Dec. 11 2007,16:10)]It's Christmas season approaching, so who will perform the daunting task of converting THIS (click for link) from OFP to ArmA?  xmas_o.gif

We need Winter Everon and Winter Nogojev!

keg_wn1.jpg

keg_wn2.jpg

I love winter themed islands!

MfG Lee xmas_o.gif