Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA Addon request thread

Its possible to get models out of ArmA using 3D Ripper DX, see the bottom of page 10 in the "Stuff you are working on?" thread.

Is it also legal to use models ripped out of ArmA by that software?

Its possible to get models out of ArmA using 3D Ripper DX, see the bottom of page 10 in the "Stuff you are working on?" thread.

Is it also legal to use models ripped out of ArmA by that software?

Doubt it, though BIS might not mind if it is restricted to ArmA modding... confused_o.gif

It might be possible to get one LoD by using that tool. But it doesnt have any of the named selections or any other important info needed by the engine.

So its 2 uses are:

1. as reference to see how BI have modeled things (unless you fancy rebuilding all the LoDs as well as re-creating all the named selections)

2. To rip the models in order to do "nefarious" things with them (i.e. sell them on turbosquid)

Neither of which are legal, but the first is overlooked by BI because of their stance towards the modding community.

Its handy for re-skinners, you can export the UV's from the model into photoshop to use as a guide, its also time saving to have the model in your 3D app and view the textures there instead of having to load ArmA all the time.

Ahh yes, forgot about that. So thats 3 uses then wink_o.gif

I was wondering if somebody is working on a bigger compass with better readable direction numbers etc, if noone is... would anyone be interested in creating one?

The current compass can barely be used to tell the azimut quickly unless you train hard on it smile_o.gif Would be great to have the WGL-alike compass in ArmA smile_o.gif

i want civilian boats and coast guard helicopters and boats so i could make a coast guard mission like the film The Guardian!A109-05%20(US%20Coast%20Guard)(3).jpg

How about 40mm smoke? Even better: the IRIC (Infrared Illuminator Cartridge) It'd be great for marking targets for friendly air/ground!

we need different variations of a UH-1 "huey"

a plain one

one with rocket luncher

one with machine guns

one with miniguns

but yeah at least a basic Huey would be awsome since that chopper is still used by the NZ army and the aussies and i guess prolly still use by the US army

but yeah at least a basic Huey would be awsome since that chopper is <snip> i guess prolly still use by the US army

The UH-1 Iroquois (AKA Huey) has been out of service with the US Army for about 20 years now. It was quickly replaced with the UH-60 Blackhawk. The Marines are the only ones that still use any at all (AFAIK) and, according to FAS.org, only have around 100 left in inventory.

we need different variations of a UH-1 "huey"

a plain one

one with rocket luncher

one with machine guns

one with miniguns

but yeah at least a basic Huey would be awsome since that chopper is still used by the NZ army and the aussies and i guess prolly still use by the US army

The Huey is still in use with the USMC, so that would be a good addon. I think it should be a .50 on one side, and a minigun on the other. And rocket pods ofcourse biggrin_o.gif

I would like to see some HMMWVs with gunnershields and stuff!

and cougars! ( http://www.mod.uk/NR....6x6.jpg )

I'd like to see something like a Higgins boat...basically an efficient way to carry a squad (or more) of soldiers across water.

Was wondering if it may be possible to add some sort of sand buggy/dune buggy for the desert type maps?I think that would be a great addition. Can anyone do this ? any takers ?

Would it be possible to make a mod, where you could climb over objects - such as small walls and fences?

It's probably been asked before, but I'd like a standalone addon of an AK47 or an AKM. No huge packs, just these two or one of them.

more of an addoff than an addon but has anybody made it so you can remove the canopys of heli and jets so you have a better view. Now i know some would say its not realistic blah blah but i dont think its completey relaitic that the canopy struts obstruct your view becuase with two eyes you fill in the blanks

SO has anybody made a script addon that removes canopy please PM if you know of onei imght foget to look back here.

Please, please, please someone make an SR-71 Blackbird. It would be unrealistic, but sweet, if you could put laser guided bombs on it too. It would also have to be the fastest jet in the game.

You can't deny the sheer awesomeness of this jet, you just can't:

AP46G1.jpg

I would love to see a loadout mod for at least the harrier that gives you some loadout variety.  Say, two AIM-9s, two AGM-65, an litening pod, and a Single GBU-12.

Or a 2 rocket pods, 2 AGM-65 loadout.

Is this possible-or are vehicle weapons kind a code-limited hassle?  I'm wondering why the game shipped with the weird loadouts for the harrier(6 AIM-9s).

edit-great first post-Moderator can you move this to the mods discusion thread plz?

I would love to see some COIN aircraft. Such as the Pucara, OV-10 Bronco, etc. for the RACS side. Is anyone working on this? Are there any addons that can be converted over from OFP? Thanks.

welcome.gif

There are certain limitations concerning loudouts for aircrafts, you can't combine for example GBU and AGM-65.

Hopefully in a near future we will get the tools and it will allow us to do such thing via some modding tricks.

I was to lazy to do the search thing but can someone please convert MARTINS and VIT helos and stuff over to ARMA?

H300C.jpg

MtyBell.jpg

MtyBellArmy.jpg

bell47UN.jpg

Bell206ChopperPack.jpg

PoliceBellv1.jpg

If not provide me links to were I need to go to and how to convert them and I'll try to do it.

I had a great idea. Someone could reskin the civvies with BDU trousers and a green army issue shirt. That way we can have off duty or just lazing around soldiers. Something the game has needed sice forever.

How viable is it?