Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA Addon request thread

I'm not sure if this would be an addon or an idea but whatever. I was thinkin there should be more parking lots and what not on maps, like near towns put parking lots or on the side of roads put the little 6 lane parking lanes, it makes it actually seem more urban instead of just a road then a house. Along with curbs or bushes in the parking lots to hide behind if your enganging somthing from there.

@ Feb. 04 2008,18:13)]
hmm i wish someone could make a UP armored m113 gavin

There is no such thing as a M113 "Gavin". No county that operates any variant of the M113 family calls it a "Gavin".

I think he means the YPR 765 PRI Photo

wiki

@ Feb. 04 2008,18:13)]
hmm i wish someone could make a UP armored m113 gavin

There is no such thing as a M113 "Gavin". No county that operates any variant of the M113 family calls it a "Gavin".

I think he means the YPR 765 PRI Photo

wiki

I am not sure what you are trying to add here as I did not indicate any lack of awareness of that vehicle.  I know what he means.  I have been aware of those since the mid 1980s.

As I previously mentioned, there is no such thing as a M113 "Gavin" (nor are any of the M113 derivatives).  A M113 is simply a M113, a M1015 is simply a M1015, and of course an YPR-765 is an YPR-765.  I am trying to prevent any further disinformation regarding the issue of naming the M113.  There is a campaign by one individual trying to name the M113 FOV (Family of Vehicles) as the "Gavin".

http://63.99.108.76/forums....c=23374

@ Feb. 11 2008,18:52)]...As I previously mentioned, there is no such thing as a M113 "Gavin"...

The M113 is actually somewhat unusual in not having

had any name applied to it.

The M2 and M3 halftracks never had a name either. So alternatively you could say that M2 Bradley started a peculiar trend of naming infantry carriers. tounge2.gif

The M2 and M3 halftracks never had a name either. So alternatively you could say that M2 Bradley started a peculiar trend of naming infantry carriers. tounge2.gif

True. But at least "Bradley" and "Stryker" are named after

infantrymen. "Gavin" would be a bit of a misnomer as he was

famous as an airborne guy. Anyway this is straying OT. The

assertion that nobody calls M113s "Gavins" is demonstrably

true. QED.

If SLA is getting MiG-15, I think the RACS deserves some old farty jet as well. Such as deHavilland Vampire:

vamp-01.jpg

Or if not that farty, BAE Hawk would be a very realistic choice, as it has been sold all over the world. Ditto F-4 Phantom.

I protest! The Vamp was a potent, state-of-the-art warplane

in its day. Not "farty" at all. smile_o.gif

A Gloster Meteor or an English Electric Lightning would be brill

too. Or a TSR2!!! yay.gif

RACS are based on a small island.. I think the FMA IA 58 Pucará would fit them very well. Read the wiki of it here

800px-Pucara-plane.jpg

I think VXR is right about the pucara...

Also a SF260 warrior is a interesting little aircraft...

Pucarasf260tp-slaf-a1.jpg

Or a armed PC-9

EMB-314_super_tucano4.jpg

Or completly cool a A-37 Dragonfly

ta37_p_05_l.jpg

the biggest planes on my wish list would be the Mirage 2000, the Prowler (US Navy Eletronic warfare plane), and the E-2 Hawkeye. I would say the Falcon and the Hornet as well, but someone's already working on them.

I'd also like to see the B52 Stratafortress as an addon, but mostly because it's such a mammoth plane it'd be interesting to see if they could even fit it in the game.

I'd suggest the OV-10A, and possibly some "D" models would be a cool FAC and gunship for the RACs.

http://www.fas.org/irp/program/collect/ov10-front.jpg[/img

http://www.fas.org/irp/program/collect/ov-10.htm

I'd think the RACS would only have A models or self modified versions as the exportversions of the Bronco are based on the OV-10A

Quote[/b] ]YOV-10A - The original prototype.

OV-10A - Original production version.

OV-10B - Produced for Germany to use as target tugs, with a target towing pod was mounted underneath the fuselage. A clear dome replaced the rear cargo door. The rear seat was moved to the cargo bay to look backwards out the dome.

OV-10B(Z) - A variation of the German target tug, with one J85-GE-4 turbojet mounted in a nacelle above the fuselage. A total of 18 aircraft were supplied to the Germans,[12]

OV-10C- Export version for Thailand; based on the OV-10A.

OV-10E - Export version for Venezuela; based on the OV-10A.

Ov-10F - Export version for Indonesia; based on the OV-10A.

OV-10D - The second generation Bronco developed by the U.S. Marine Corps. It was an extensively modified A model airframe. The D added a powerful Forward-Looking Infrared night-vision system with a camera mounted in a turret under an extended nose. It is easy to differentiate a D model from an A. The D has a long nose with a ball turret underneath, while the A has a short rounded nose. The D also has bigger engines, so it has larger fiberglass props that can be distinguished by their rounded tips. The A has squared-off aluminum props. Other noticeable external differences are the square chaff dispensers midway down the booms on the D model (often covered with a plate when not in use) and infrared-suppressive exhaust stacks (they take air in the front and mix it with the exhaust before it exits, to reduce the heat given off and thus the ability of a heat-seeking missile to track the aircraft). The D model began life as the NOGS program.

The YOV-10D - The prototype used to developed OV-10D Bronco.

OV-10D+ - The next USMC upgrade, consisting of -A and -D aircraft being extensively reworked at MCAS Cherry Point Naval Air Rework Facility with new wiring and strengthened wings. Engine instrumentation was changed from round dials to tape readouts.

Wiki

A-4 Skyhawk for the RACS.....

i second the A-37 Killer Tweet.

or maybee an F-5 For the RACS ...... hell i would take anything at this point

I feel ashamed, most of the things that you are saying are the equipment of the Argentine Air Force.

Te Pucara (in fact the picture says "Fuerza Aerea Argentina", the A-4, etc.

But well, since the RACs color is the same of the Argentine Air Force i will be glad if someone makes those planes :P

I feel ashamed, most of the things that you are saying are the equipment of the Argentine Air Force.

Why ashamed? The Pucara was/is a great ground-attack and

COIN aircraft.

I think a RACS Pucara would be great. It's not at all unlikely

that Argentina might sell some to Sahrani, it'd fit with their

likely operational requirements (guarding the borders and

coastlines) and it's an unusual-looking aeroplane too.

We don't want an OV-Bronco-whatever, there's entirely too

much USA kit in the game as it is.  tounge2.gif

I think the Pucara is an AWESOME plane like the A-4 Skyhawk, but i'm saying that the US has A-10, F-16, F-22...

Poor Pucara =(

I think that it's possible, we have like 20,000 Pucara, so sell Saharani a few won't be a hard thing.

And yes, it will fit perfect to Sahrani, cheap but good ground-attack aircraft.

EDIT: Spelling

I think the Pucara is an AWESOME plane like the A-4 Skyhawk, but i'm saying that the US has A-10, F-16, F-22...

Poor Pucara =(

I think that it's possible, we have like 20,000 Pucara, so sell Saharani a few won't be a hard thing.

And yes, it will fit perfect to Sahrani, cheap but good ground-attack aircraft.

EDIT: Spelling

Argentine has 20000 Pucara?

On wiki it says there are 150-160 made.

Yes, I also think the Pucara fits the RACS airforce very good as its designed to fight insurgency and perfectly suited to guard areas.

It is also possible to refuel and rearm the Pucara at dirt airstrips which makes it better suited for Sahrani.

I was joking!

Of course we don't have 20000 Pucaras, luckily we have 20000 FAL bullets.

Well, we could sell South Sahrani maybe 15 or 20 Pucaras, since their country isn't big and can't be too much armored battles*.

*In "real life", not like BIS' campaing where the North Prime Minister goes to take a dump and voila! Twenty T-72 more!

I was joking!

Of course we don't have 20000 Pucaras, luckily we have 20000 FAL bullets.

Well, we could sell South Sahrani maybe 15 or 20 Pucaras, since their country isn't big and can't be too much armored battles*.

*In "real life", not like BIS' campaing where the North Prime Minister goes to take a dump and voila! Twenty T-72 more!

Yes you are right, Uruguay only has 5 Pucara.

Sri Lanka bought 4 and lost 3, the last one has been put out of service due to the lack of spare parts.

4 or 5 would be good enough for RACS

With Pucaras in game the temptation to reenact something

like the Pebble Island raid might be too powerful to resist

(although translated into typical ArmA-mission terms it'd be

just one guy in a bicycle helmet with 3 satchel charges and a

Hockler MP5 popgun against 12 parked Pucaras, 3 Hokums, 4

Shilkas a troop of T-72s and a company of infantry.   nener.gif  )

On that note, has anyone thought about doing a Falklands mod? Seems like ArmA would be just about perfect for simulating the "ground war" phase of the operation. I suppose I'm specifically asking if anyone had plans of reproducing a close to scale model of the Malvinas? It seems like it would be sized and featureless enough to be perfect for ArmA.