Sign in to follow this  
galbaldy

Eyewear

Since there are many soldiers (and players who would like to represent themselves as such) who wear glasses, what do you guys think about seeing them in mods (if possible) or in a future version of Arma?

DF-ST-92-07596.jpg

And let's not forget about sunglasses...

It would be nice to see Ray-Bans blocking the sun's glare but making it harder to see at night. A quick key for putting on and taking off glasses would be nice. If you choose to wear spectacles, you have to decide in your profile if your guy is near or far sighted and the glasses will fix the focus on the distance you can't see well but make it blurry on otherwise good distances. The bonus for sight-impairment would be the ability to zoom farther with glasses or without them if you're far sighted. biggrin_o.gif

It would be nice to see Ray-Bans blocking the sun's glare but making it harder to see at night. A quick key for putting on and taking off glasses would be nice. If you choose to wear spectacles, you have to decide in your profile if your guy is near or far sighted and the glasses will fix the focus on the distance you can't see well but make it blurry on otherwise good distances. The bonus for sight-impairment would be the ability to zoom farther with glasses or without them if you're far sighted.  biggrin_o.gif

You do realize that glasses dont effect the area you can see good with out them so much that it gets blurry.

Ofcourse if you would put on glasses of a wrong focus then your right, it would get blurry then.

Also I tink its a great idea to add diffrent sunglasses and glasses.

You do realize that glasses dont effect the area you can see good with out them so much that it gets blurry.

Ofcourse if you would put on glasses of a wrong focus then your right.

Sure I do, but it's all about game balance! Otherwise everyone wants to be a glassface. smile_o.gif

Yeah im missing my glasses in ArmA, had always glasses on in OFP! biggrin_o.gif

#vote glasses

Well, If they could protect your eyes from the HDR...ekhem sun...It would be nice to see them in game! you know, people use sunglasses sometimes...

Military_Sunglasses.jpg

whistle.gif

It would be cool to have some different 'models' of glasses, instead of those wierd wire frame glasses which were availible in OFP in either clear or tinted :P

Ya know.. Sports glasses and different styles... that kinda thing wink_o.gif

Id like to see as much custom stuff as possible for your character like the glasses or .. a hook for a hand crazy_o.gif lol jk.

I was wondering why they didnt include the bohemia glasses from vbs since they must fit the Arma heads, then i thought about the hdr lighting... it would be weird to have the sun glare effect even if you wear sun glasses.

If working sun glasses were available in Arma everyone would use them to counter the lighting and hdr would become a useless graphical feature. If eyewear was available as "eye candy" only everyone would bitch about them being silly.

Nah just have it like it was in OFP, so you look like ur wearing sunglasses, so u look cool wink_o.gif like custom faces. Theres no point having 'actual shades' as it will darken the whole screen... and it still hurts to look at the sun in sunglasses anyway :P

If working sun glasses were available in Arma everyone would use them to counter the lighting and hdr would become a useless graphical feature. If eyewear was available as "eye candy" only everyone would bitch about them being silly.

Well, It's like with NV during night operations. If you forget to take one, you'll have troubles. You use It when you want. Funny thing, but It actually might be something more than a useless graphical feature, since there's no other way to protect yourself against the sun now.

lol a hook for one of the hands would be a funny thingy! biggrin_o.gif argh pirate! wink_o.gif also would be cool with glasses that would decrease the suns fx on the eyes yay.gif

Well, It's like with NV during night operations. If you forget to take one, you'll have troubles. You use It when you want. Funny thing, but It actually might be something more than a useless graphical feature, since there's no other way to protect yourself against the sun now.

Now that you put it that way i could see it working and it would be kind of cool, shades would make night and overcast darker but very helpfull in bright daylight and they could work like the nvg's (use only when necessary) smile_o.gif .

But there was plenty that BIS were unable to implement/finish so i can see why this might not have been considered..

Maybe a small something for the Arma expantion wink_o.gif .

I'd like to see working sunglasses as an equipment selection alongside binocs/nv. And glasses in the face selection menu that do nothing, if you choose sunnies as equipment then they are temporarily replaced so you know who's wearing actual sunnies