Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

AAN - ArmA Navy

any update on your navy pack , Gnat ?

Does this aircraft carrier (in your screenshots on http://www.eddyd.be/) really exist ?

Where can we get it ?

Does it work ?

He hasn't released any of his ships, but i would really like him to release what he has right now, do to the fact that he hasn't posted on here in awhile so that gives me an idea that he gave up.

I know these arent ready yet but what you have in those pictures looks quite good so if you could release some of that stuff it would be great

i have send the carrier too Gnat some weeks ago

he have some problem with scripts were he worker on it

and that take time , so we wait for the releast

Actually, maybe you should concentrate only on one thing at a time.

Like the aircraft carrier or the submarine or a chopper transporter.

wink_o.gif

Concur, can something be released?

All these great WIPs to drool over and nothing else!

eddyD nice skin of the a10. The black skine. Can u post thet skin too public or its just too personal use. Sorry for off topic.

And now on topic great work on the navy stuf. Thets what we need in arma. Just keep up the work and hope too see reles soon.

Sorry Montes, not much progress on these items, been mostly working on the Cessna.

I'll try to finish *something* for release in the next week or 2 ... try.

Nar ... lol ... my bad, meant to say the Piper !

PiperWII_1.jpg

But I do also plan to have a Cessna Surprise wink_o.gif I got permission for one other FS conversion.

Hope to release at the same time.

oh nice piper Gnat

good for reskiner smile_o.gif

how is the V22 osprey doing any update on that one

and who els is working on navy ships ?

I just wanted to say, "Awesome work Gnat!!!"

I'm especially looking forward to launching missions from your ships as well as using that Akula class submarine (one of the sexiest looking subs in exhistence IMHO).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Gnat @ Aug. 15 2007,16:24)]But I do also plan to have a Cessna Surprise wink_o.gif I got permission for one other FS conversion.

Hope to release at the same time.

You mean you only port FS models?

sad_o.gif

I was sure you were modelling them all....

You mean you only port FS models?

sad_o.gif

Hey, I'm not complaining smile_o.gif

Greetings Gnat,

or Anyone else who are making Large Naval Ships...

ArmA seems to have the same kind of moving ships in water as OFP... It would be nice to add some actions that you or AIs can use. Like the Ship's Speed... Its alway pain to push the foward key when commanding a ship.  huh.gif

Also there should be a Captain's Chair near the driver and able to give out commands. OFP had some lackings in ship commanding area.  confused_o.gif

Back to the Ship's Speed...

The actions can be setup like this...

Setup one: Speed

Full Speed

Half Speed

Slow Spead

Halt

etc.

Setup Two: Engine Speed

28 knots (full speed for most FFG)

20 knots

10 knots

5 knots

Halt

etc.

Here are neat Ideas for the Ship's Guns...

If you don't like so many AIs commanding many guns and its same type of gun? Have one AI Gun be the lead gunner. Give that one AI the command to fire on a target and all same type will attack. Or set how many one fire....

Also add M2 Deck Guns for small incoming boats. Because Turrets are slow and can't aim very low.

This game here has great Naval Warfare setup... http://www.scs-dangerouswaters.com/ Check it out see what could work for ArmA?

Gnat, I love your OFP Beta Ships... They worked nice.  thumbs-up.gif

Releasing static ships would be a big advance for all ArmA-Players. They may be used as heliports and bases in the water.

Releasing static ships would be a big advance for all ArmA-Players. They may be used as heliports and bases in the water.

Sooooo true ! yay.gif

Sooooo true !   yay.gif

X100! Even just for commando insertions! (a place to start a mission on a rubber-ducky!wink_o.gif

Please, can we have just a static beta? biggrin_o.gif

hehe i remember the old LSD ship addon for ofp, it had a static version that was like a house and a movable that was a ship.

Very nice addon to launch choppers from or to use as naval targets when flying su-25 or some addon fighters, bombers smile_o.gif

Hey Mr. Gnat, was wondering if you are going to work on any of the SSGN's? Like the 726 Ohio, or the 727 Michigan. Honestly the fast attack boats are too small to launch zodiacs from and they dont have the lock out chambers that us larger reconverted boomers have. Also capabilities with ADS and ASDS allow us to operate with SOF and diver in hover mode. I can give you alot of information ( all of it the non-classified sort ) if you want to work on this. Its an awesome system- capable of deploying 152 Cruise Missiles and up to 30 SOF personnel ( At least semi-comfortably since all their equipment takes up a good amount of space ).

ya havent heard from u in a while last time u posted u said u would release some stuff