Sign in to follow this  
MR_TROUBLE

Intentional Teamkilling

I have noticed something going on with ArmA that I haven't experienced in other games.

Excessive intentional teamkilling.

I play ArmA usually every night for a couple of hours off and on. Almost every server I join and game I get into, there's someone mass TK'ing at the spawn points. Then it gets contagious and other players start tk'ing.

Yesterday evening, on Karrillion's Co-Op server, I was intentionally TK'd by USACerebalAssassin. I asked Karrillion to boot this guy and Karrillion refused which goes to show how much integrity he has. Apparently Karrillion and CerebalAssassin are an item which is oh so cute. inlove.gif

I have played just about every FPS and combat sim out there and I have never seen such blatant TK'ing before on this scale and a refusal of hosts to boot the tk'ers.

Kick votes don't seem to be effective because usually not enough people participate. It's like hey if I'm not the one being tk'd I don't care.

I would think that LESS children would be drawn to ArmA due to its complexity but it seems like there are a lot of children and immature people who are running rampant on ArmA servers.

I guess what should be done is anyone who intentionally TK's another should then be TK'd in kind on sight for the next month. pistols.gif

Yeah, I hear you. When I'm administrating my server, I don't tolerate that. I even have the vote limit set quite low... but unforunately I can't be on there all the time. I also wish there was some way for the server to govern itself in this regard. I'm asking the other administrators to have a very low tolerance for tking, even ai teammates (because if you're gunning down the AI all the time you're hindering your team and some people like to lead the AI). We'll see what the future brings.

Lets build a script or mission template with some triggers and so mission makers just have to copy and paste the script or triggers into there missions so if SOMEONE TeamKills they will also be killed. smile_o.gif

I guess the game will have to age a little, the idiots usually leave soon enough. Other than that select who you play with. I got some good pubs before in OPF with very little trouble smile_o.gif .

About that "personal part" you should take it on PM instead of posting it here...

also when the player Team Kills we will make it so his rating goes to minus 10000 so that if theres any AI around they will also keep shooting him to show them how it feels to be Tked.. lol

There are the TKers who rampantly sweep through their team, and who don't give a rats ass about being banned. These can be easy handled.

Then there are the "Smart TKers" who don't kill, but only injure you; forcing you to TK them (and get YOU banned) or suicide.

Plain TK protection won't solve the problem.

Then there are the "Smart TKers" who don't kill, but only injure you; forcing you to TK them (and get YOU banned) or suicide.

lmao i just have to laugh at that whistle.gif [hit the legs tounge2.gif ] jking

MR Trouble,

first of all I am no child, so that theory is invalid. Second, it is also childish to leave out the reason you were TK'ed in the first place. Do not omit the fact that you repeatedly disrespected and cussed me prior to the tk. It IS however, childish to believe that you may speak to anyone how you please without some type of retalliation. As weak of a retort as TKing someone is, it is about the only thing you can do on a cyber battlefield. I agree that tking is childish, but so is disrespecting other players because there is no consequence. You left me no other choice. As far as ArmA goes, unintentional TK's happen. It is a huge battlefield w/o specific areas for the enemy to appear. One post mentioned deducting points or killing the TKer. This is done on most other games, but definately does not prevent intentional TK's as its a small price to pay to get your point across to a problem/disrespectful player.

Furthermore, I am normally a calm and rational player, but will react when I am provoked.

Lastly, it is CHILDISH to argue on an online game. PERIOD.

Also, to reinstate my point, make sure when you complain in a forum that you include the ENTIRE story, even if it incriminates you as well. You WERE NOT innocent in this instance.

Thanks,

Cerebral Assassin

MR Trouble,

first of all I am no child, so that theory is invalid. Second, it is also childish to leave out the reason you were TK'ed in the first place. Do not omit the fact that you repeatedly disrespected and cussed me prior to the tk. It IS however, childish to believe that you may speak to anyone how you please without some type of retalliation. As weak of a retort as TKing someone is, it is about the only thing you can do on a cyber battlefield. I agree that tking is childish, but so is disrespecting other players because there is no consequence. You left me no other choice. As far as ArmA goes, unintentional TK's happen. It is a huge battlefield w/o specific areas for the enemy to appear. One post mentioned deducting points or killing the TKer. This is done on most other games, but definately does not prevent intentional TK's as its a small price to pay to get your point across to a problem/disrespectful player.

Furthermore, I am normally a calm and rational player, but will react when I am provoked.

Lastly, it is CHILDISH to argue on an online game. PERIOD.

Also, to reinstate my point, make sure when you complain in a forum that you include the ENTIRE story, even if it incriminates you as well. You WERE NOT innocent in this instance.

Thanks,

Cerebral Assassin

I was hoping you'd respond.

First of all you ARE a child.

Only a child would react by tk'ing someone for something someone said.

And you're one BIG liar. You were not even cussed at. I wasn't even talking directly to you. You jumped in and got involved and then you said "What are you gonna do?" or something to that effect and I joked back "I'm going to type in all caps" Here I am making a joke and then you TK'd me like the child you are.

Right after you did that, I took a screenshot of it and can post it up to refresh your memory because obviously you don't remember what happened. Some of the text is there as well.

Intentional TK'ing is never justified unless you're doing it to prevent from being TK'd yourself. Which wasn't what was going on therefore you're not justified in TK'ing me or anyone else no matter what excuses you make for your actions.

It's immature people like you who ruin the gaming experience for everyone else.

That's ok...payback is a bitch...and it will be fully justified.

I am sorry but both of you are complete babies. Did you know that Armed Assault is a video game? Get over it.

LOL...I like Ukraine boys opinion. Thats nice MR Trouble, seems like your a little TOO into it. Chill out, its a game. Your opinion of what is justified and what is not is just that, an opinion and not fact, no matter how bad you want it to be. Just remember, respect other players. Oh, bring on the revenge, not like I've never been Tk'ed unintentional or intentional. I've had em both.

GET OVER IT!!!!!

Intentional TK'ing is never justified /.../

Really? Are you sure? I saw you TK the **** out of Murat and Grouchy the other day...

Those who complain the most are usually the ones who feel the biggest guilt!

come play with me, i can't tell west from east 5 foot in front of me, nevermind 500m away, i just kill what i see TK or no TK.

i'm guarunteed to TK someone in just about every game i play, its a fact of life,as i get older my brain cannot concentrate on firing AND looking at whats in front of me, something has to give way

tking can be rly funny for urself and rly annoying for the others at the same time.

inlove.gif

tking can be rly funny for urself and rly annoying for the others at the same time.

Yes it can be fun. If you're an angsty ten year old who doesn't get enough attention from mommy.

Anyways, publics are mostly shit anyway in any game, team killers or no. I guess the kids will be banned from the better pubs in a while after an admin bans them and passes the player id on.

Ive been in a lot of coop servers and they [in my opinion] they play well, everyone listens to the team leader and its all great. i made a 23min coop video to show this which is posted in the ArmA Video section. [320mbs]

If you want to have consistently good Coops then try and join a squad.

Calling each other children will not help.

Oh and not all teamkillers or people who cause trouble are kids, i'm 13 and I seem to get along just fine, I know people who are older than me who can be very annoying.

Any way this is just a game.

Just wanted to add that an ROE penalty system like in Americas Army works very well in my opinion. That way you cant do multiple teamkills. You cant secretly injure team mates either (which actually is happening, yes). It usually happens when ppl respawn and there are no immediate means of transport to the objectives.

I haven't seen one case of grief killing in ArmA yet. Maybe it's because I don't play coops.

Really? Are you sure? I saw you TK the **** out of Murat and Grouchy the other day...

You are so full of shit. I guess anyone can come online and make a claim and pretend it's reality. I have screenshots to back up everything I say. You don't. Have some integrity for christ's sake.

I did not spend over $50 downloading this game and putting up with all the fking bugs to waste my time go around tk'ing people. But when I am blatantly TK'd it pisses me off. Do unto others....

Have I ever accidentally tk'd someone? you bet. But never intentionally unless I'm defending myself against intentionally getting TK'd or defending fellow players against intentional TK'ing.

Bis could add a server option like Tkill=3 ; // auto punts at 3 team kills or Autoban = 3 ; // Bans players after 3 team kills.

You are so full of shit. I guess anyone can come online and make a claim and pretend it's reality. I have screenshots to back up everything I say. You don't. Have some integrity for christ's sake.

I did not spend over $50 downloading this game and putting up with all the fking bugs to waste my time go around tk'ing people. But when I am blatantly TK'd it pisses me off. Do unto others....

Have I ever accidentally tk'd someone? you bet. But never intentionally unless I'm defending myself against intentionally getting TK'd or defending fellow players against intentional TK'ing.

this only applies if Cerebralthingy was your group leader:

Cerebral ftw! I'd have done thesame if you'd undermine the control I needed to control my group of players. in my old time with my OFP virtual squad, everybody under my command had the mentality and goal to represent a real soldier, you find a bunch of people that'l stick in a town for twenty minutes to disable the tanks that've pinned you down, even if it puts them at great risk!

this aint a game where the only bond you have with the other is the color of the flag you fight under, it's about working as a team. if you have a leader that's trying to lead, follow him, no matter if you share his opinions or not. that's my opinion.

I agree that teamkilling for "fun" just ruins the game for all. and what's worse is that the only remedy you have is your host confused_o.gif .