Sign in to follow this  
NamecaF

Special Forces Weapons

I can't understand why more Special Forces weapons weren't included in the game. The M4A1 with a suppressor is not applicable for every mission. And I would've liked to have seen a Mk.23 instead of the M9 as a sidearm too.

Like an MP5N with optional suppressor wouldn't have gone astray, and maybe some more updated weapon systems like the Mk.16 and Mk.17 SCAR series and heavier weapons like the Mk.46 and Mk.48.

I also think a semi-automatic 7.62mm sniper rifle like the Mk.11 MOD 0 (SR-25) should have also been considered IMHO and maybe even an M107 .50 cal sniper rifle to disable trucks and jeeps.

Hmm, does anyone know if there are any mods in the pipeline with these or similar weapons being included?

The weapons BIS made for the game offer a decent and

representative cross-section, within the constraints they

were probably working under (there is evidence to suggest

that they were pushed for time before release). They have

already promised some new weapons for the "505 release".

If the addon makers are as prolific as they were in Operation

Flashpoint, all of the guns you list - and many, many more -

will appear in due course.

I think most weapons ever produced on this planet will be available for arma like in ofp.

SJB should have some of those AFAIK.

The M107, SASS Mk46 and Mk48 arent in his pack niether are the SCAR's becasue again AFAIK blackblood didnt ever send them to him.

M107 and M16A4 will be in 505 release.

And do not worry for weapons because when mod tool will be released...well, i let you imagine tounge2.gif

SJB should have some of those AFAIK.

The M107, SASS Mk46 and Mk48 arent in his pack niether are the SCAR's becasue again AFAIK blackblood didnt ever send them to him.

Actually, he did. I just kept it quiet to stop any mobbing that may have started as a result of making it public. I haven't had time to work on them as much as I may have liked, but they WILL be in the ArmA release of my pack.

And do not worry for weapons because when mod tool will be released...well, i let you imagine tounge2.gif

yay. Only one of wich is actually used by the US Army. yay. huh.gif

Oh and what ever happened to the OFP release of those SCARs?

yay. Only one of wich is actually used by the US Army. yay. huh.gif

Oh and what ever happened to the OFP release of those SCARs?

They're both employed within the U.S. Army...

He is right jahve, the A4 is being used by cav units if i am correct? and isnt the M107 just the next generation of the M82 series?

EDIT- looked it up and the M107 does indeed seem to be a improved M82

Quote[/b] ]The M107 Long Range Sniper Rifle (LRSR) is a .50 caliber rifle with attached optics/electro-optics that supports all weather, day/night tactical dominance via rapid-fire direct fire engagements with armor penetrating, incendiary, dual-purpose ammunition. The M107 is based on the Marine Corps M82A3 Special Application Scoped Rifle.

The Army seems to be moving nearly entirely in the direction of the M4 platform. However, they still are buying new A4s to supplement what A2s are still out there in the combat rifle role. Yes, they are being issued and deployed with.

Quote[/b] ]The Army seems to be moving nearly entirely in the direction of the M4 platform

Why not...

I mean the whole lower receiver is absolutely ok and you can put almost everything on it.

I can't understand why more Special Forces weapons weren't included in the game.

Time. If we wanted BIS to include everything we want then I doubt the game would be done by 2008.

Besides, there's always Jackal that will release 200+ weapons and I believe that should satisfy your needs.

the new pack offers more than a diverse selection of weapons but it has its own thread so...