Sign in to follow this  
ThePredator

Authentic sound & weapon Mod

Novusordo:

Go away with your comments! It's simply rediculous posting a private message from someone publicly on a board (without permission)...

There is always a discussion possible on what is the best, but thats always because it depends on what you seek. Posting your ideas and views as "the best" only shows little professionalism from your side. I don't think anyone is waiting for your "Oh im so cool because I say that ThePredator Sounds are to be laughed about, ho ho ho oh oh hi hi".

With Predator on this one; Create ur own Mod if you don't believe in this one, there is no need to make someone else look bad, because you and he have a different opinion about things.

Just my luck, when I got the free time from my wife and 2week old son and was going to enjoy the soundmod...this happens....CRCRCRCRRCRCRCRCRRCRCR error!!!! crazy_o.gif

Got it now ok...thanx again Predator.

yay.gif

Just my luck, when I got the free time from my wife and 2week old son and was going to enjoy the soundmod...this happens....CRCRCRCRRCRCRCRCRRCRCR error!!!!  crazy_o.gif

Try Deleting your download, clearing ur browser cache, then restart ur browser, and download the file again.

Hey Predator!

u mean i sold but ur addons folder to my original addons folder, and but ur DTA folder to my original DTA folder and make (create PBO) with the overwritet DTA folder and addons folder right ??

smile_o.gif

BREAKING NEWS : SOUND-ONLY MOD v 0.15 B RELEASED ON March, 6th 2007 !

See the introduction post on Page 1.

Hope you guys like it, please give feedback and report any bug you may find.

Whoaah. Very nice. I really liked your previous mod so this is a must too.

Thanx for your great work.

BIS sounds were very weak IMO just like in OFP. With this mod the overall combat atmosphere greatly increases.

This is really great news. Cant wait to go home and start up my arma and see/hear what you have done thumbs-up.gif

Thanks!

My sound effects are up for download now on a file sharing site ready for the next sound mod I'll pm the link to anyone who needs high detail sounds of various things including military and civi sounds. Sound specs below. Proberbly loose some of the sound quality once their in ArmA but it's best to start with the best quality. Let me know if theirs a sound you can't find on there all the military sounds are uploaded now.

wav format

PCM 2 channel

16bit 48Khz

1536kbps

Novusordo:

Go away with your comments! It's simply rediculous posting a private message from someone publicly on a board (without permission)...

There is always a discussion possible on what is the best, but thats always because it depends on what you seek. Posting your ideas and views as "the best" only shows little professionalism from your side. I don't think anyone is waiting for your "Oh im so cool because I say that ThePredator Sounds are to be laughed about, ho ho ho oh oh hi hi".

With Predator on this one; Create ur own Mod if you don't believe in this one, there is no need to make someone else look bad, because you and he have a different opinion about things.

I will go away. I tried to make him see the light but it diden't work. I've got no grudge against him. It's his right to do what he wants with his project, I was merely pushing something I felt strongly about.

There is a config error I can not fix at the moment.

All vehicle sounds are still vanilla ArmA. Somehow the new configs are not read properly.

I wish to say thank you as well, ThePredator. Nice seeing my favorite mod maker (realism mod for Swat 4 <- absolutely fantastic) back in action again.

Danke!

Updated the download link for the hot-fix on the first page.

Now everything works fine.

The vehicle sounds are still WIP, because the pitch and volume are difficult to modify.

The 5t-Truck, for example, sounds a bit strange. If anyone got a great sound which will work WITH pitch, send it over.

Just waiting for my download - even though I have yet to experience your sound mod (probably because I am incompetent biggrin_o.gif ) thanks for your work on this.

I am tormented daily by your early previews you posted on youtube... hopefully this time I may get it to work!

If this works I'll make sweet love to you... inlove.gifwink_o.gif

Skimbo

Sorry Predator this questions a bit off topic.

Someone said you did mods for SWAT4?

I picked this up for £4.99 the other day and it is an incredible game - would be interested to see what stuff you did for this also.

All the best

Skimbo

Great! Just tried it out quickly, explosions sound great and realistic smile_o.gif

Very nice! pistols.gif

Predator

Better get lubed up baby cos your mod worked a treat!!!

Thank you soooo much. I've just stopped the game mid way through a mission to let you know it has improved the game immeasurably! Your effects are awesome.

Skimbo

Yup agree! smile_o.gif

Pretty god job you have done there.

Keep it up! thumbs-up.gif

Why thank you

If someone got a nice reload for the M256 120mm cannon: This way biggrin_o.gif

The current sound sucks hairy monkey balls.

I need to check the config, the commander optics turret sound and the main turret sound are both played simultanously.

How do you guys like the KA-50 sound? It is a recording...Pretty much the original effect, but as always, those stupid helicopters don't hover around alot...

absolutly love the sound mod, many many times better than the sounds that came shipped with Arma.

one thing though. Playing the single mission ambush. Hitting the urals with a LAW, sounded a odd. felt like it needed an explosion sound for all those flames billowing out of the ural, not just the impact sound of the law. just the thump of impact of the law and the ural bursts into flames and turns black. kinda feels like there should be some kinda sound after the thump.

not trying to say anytihng is wrong with the mod as i don't think BIS has a sound for it either, was putting forward the idea of adding one.

I know this post will sound as though it is unqualified but I have a question about the sound. I have watched your youtube videos but I have never seen a video with a silenced or suppressed gun shooting. I would love to know whether or not you replaced the pew pew laser sound with a more accurate suppressed or silenced, depending on whether or not BIS made the rounds sub or supersonic, sound.

I made two videos for east and west. Currently uploading both, will take a while for them to show up on youtube.

For the suppressed weapons, I will create a more appropriate night-time preview.

Video: West

Video: East