Sign in to follow this  
ThePredator

Authentic sound & weapon Mod

I'm uploading these sound files all day will take ages the upload speed is slow your gonna love the fighter jet sounds. I'm sure some sound editing guys here can give a hand altering the sounds to sound like other vehicles and guns.

I got about 1000 sounds that were professionaly recorded for TV studios by another company better than CD sound quality PCM so keep asking for what you need. I'll buy the entire military pack when I get a job.

BREAKING NEWS : SOUND-ONLY MOD v 0.15 B RELEASED ON March, 6th 2007 !

See the introduction post on Page 1.

Hope you guys like it, please give feedback and report any bug you may find.

Getting an error and can't start the game...ArmA 1.05 and SoundMod-only 0.15B

File bin\CfgWeapons.h, line 292: /ChfWeapons. HandGunBase: Undefined base class 'Rifle'

Hope you can fix it, my fingers...eh...ears are itching for this mod wink_o.gif

/Abbe

bloody excellent explosion sounds. really, really good. Some of the gunshots still could be better but they have improved massively since your last pack.

I found 1 bug - the RPG reload wave is about 50 hours long, lol.

Overall - 9/10 yay.gif

Can you upload a video or turn the sounds into wave so we can hear the new sounds?

I do not have the game thats why.

Thanks

Yes, I will definitely create a preview video. But for now, I am just happy I managed to release the mod today.

I fixed some errors, new file was up at 03:00 pm GMT+1.

Got CRC-error when extracting the .rar-file...??

Downloaded 3 times and tried with Winrar362 and Winzip10

winrar362:

"\Addons\sound addon\ModWarSound_v015B.rar: CRC failed in ModWarSound_v015B\@ModWarSound\AddOns\PredatorSFX.pbo. The file is corrupt

\Addons\sound addon\ModWarSound_v015B.rar: Unexpected end of archive"

Tried also with my laptop...same error, are the mirrors with working file?

whaaaaaz going ooon?...

huh.gif

Very Very Interesting Predator, I will take a look at your stuff shortly!

new file was up at 03:00 pm GMT+1.

please use a real sharing service ....

rar is corrupted whistle.gif

Nope, just tested the file, it is not. Maybe you tried while I was uploading the file.

Hi! Good new sounds. But there're some issues (I don't want to apologize) when I install (correctly) your mod on my ArmA 1.05:

1) firing as commander in M1A1 when the tank is moving tracers appears to the right of the mg;

2) Heli don't respond to keyboard flight commands;

3) some sounds (like tanks gun) are crackling: but this could be depend by my onboard sound chip.

thanks...only some suggestions

Quote[/b] ]1) firing as commander in M1A1 when the tank is moving tracers appears to the right of the mg;

2) Heli don't respond to keyboard flight commands;

3) some sounds (like tanks gun) are crackling: but this could be depend by my onboard sound chip.

1: This is not my construction site. Ask BIS to fix that.

2: I did not change the configs, just the sounds

3: this could be the case, some sounds appear too loud and start crackling. I can't really change that, because I edited the sounds not to clip on my machine.

Delete the old ModWar folder and extract the rar into your ArmA path. Create the shortcut "-nosplash -mod=@ModWarSound" and fire up the game.

I PM'd Predator asking him if I could edit his soundpack and link ONLY him to it so he can review it. He said no so I thought I'd entice him with some of my clearly superior sounds...

His response...

Quote[/b] ]M24: I've got a range recorded sound, nothing more authentic than this one.

AK74: Does not have a burst mode at all biggrin_o.gif I use a recorded sound for single fire and fully automatic

M136 AT4: My sound was approved by someone who actually shot the tube.

Grenade explosion: Way too hollywood, they are not filled with tons of explosives, they sound like they do in ModWar

SVD: range recorded with the typical metallic sound

My point....

oh man u really need to get out of the frame of mind where you use range recorded stuff just becuase it's real.

you must strike a balance my friend.

sure try to get the sound as close as possible to the real deal but never compromise of sharpness and purity of the sound. You are compromising those two important sound factors wayy too much.

strike the balance.

and i know grenades don't contain massive ammounts of explosive but they contain more than enough high explosive to cause a massive bang like mine.

I've fired countless flashpowder charges in my time, the biggest being a 50g motherfucka and I can tell you it felt and sounded 10x more powerful than even MY grenade sound.

the standard 5 gram thunderflashes the british army use in training even sounded more violent than your grenade blast.

P.S. I know the AK dosen't have a burst mode but ArmA uses the 3 round burst for it's automatic if you obide by BIS's file namimg convention.

Oh nice, you know the idea behind private(!) messages?

You just lost all rights to modify, use or distribute my work.

If you don't like my mod, don't play it or post unqualified comments.

Create your own sound mod -without my sounds of course- and stand the criticism.

You seem to be the ONLY person arguing about the sounds...

OK I have simply overwrite my original "bin file" + make pbo and it works    yay.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------

u mean i sold but ur addons folder to my original addons folder, and but ur DTA folder to my original DTA folder and make (create PBO) with the overwritet DTA folder and addons folder?? wink_o.gif

I don't think this is the best way. You need to overwrite both bin and addons folder to work properly.

It's really easy. Just extract the rar file into the ArmA main directory and that's it.

Update: There seems to be a problem with the M1A1 turret servo. It still plays the vanilla sound even with the modified entry. Any idea where to find another sound path? I already checked the vehicle configs.

Am I and "gL33k" the only dummies who can´t download a working patch file?...any mirrors?

Winrar still says:

"\Addons\sound addon\ModWarSound_v015B.rar: CRC failed in ModWarSound_v015B\@ModWarSound\AddOns\PredatorSFX.pbo. The file is corrupt"

banghead.gif

Oh nice, you know the idea behind private(!wink_o.gif messages?

You just lost all rights to modify, use or distribute my work.

If you don't like my mod, don't play it or post unqualified comments.

Create your own sound mod -without my sounds of course- and stand the criticism.

You seem to be the ONLY person arguing about the sounds...

i love your mod i just said that i have some sounds that are far better but too bad your in that "range recorded shots = king no matter how inpure and distorted".

Used rapidshare mirror and...still CRC error!

Can you please repack it with winzip? I´m sure there´s nothing wrong with my rig.

winzip10 says:

Testing ModWarSound_v015B\@ModWarSound\AddOns\PredatorSFX.pbo Error: CRC mismatch in file "ModWarSound_v015B\@ModWarSound\AddOns\PredatorSFX.pbo" in the archive "D:\Download\ModWarSound_v015B.rar"

confused_o.gif

I shot dozends of firearms and I can say, your sound of the M24 is not even close.

If your handgrenade sounds like an atomic bomb, what should the GBU-12 with 500 lbs be like?

Your grenade sound is actually the distorted one, so why should I use sounds I don't like anyway?

This mod was mainly for MY pleasure and I thought some guys might enjoy it.

I do not use sounds just because someone says "mine are waaay better than yours". I use sounds if I and only I like them.

Some guys from the community gave me feedback what could be improved and if I find better sounds which are more like the real deal I take into consideration to use those.

I do not know what some vehicles sound like, same for some firearms and general effects. But there are some great pals out there who actually tell me where to look or even give me the sounds I need.

The way you tried to manipulate the mod to fit your style is not the way I like at all. Calling me names is one of those things I really hate. You do not act mature in any way and this minimizes chances of getting your sounds into a serious project.

That's all I have to tell you.

Find another topic to whine about sounds, I will only use stuff authentic.