Patch 1.02 and aim

its called recoil and its been there since 1.00

single shot = fine

singleshot pressed in rapid succession = recoil affected

burst fire = recoil affected

full auto = recoil affected

czech 1.00 -1.01-1.02 and english patch v.09

no problems to report on this subject

Can it be, that someone upped an "modified" patch?

This error reports are a little strange. huh.gif

Why would someone modify a patch? I could understand a  modified .exe, but a patch? huh.gif

Why doo script-kiddys shoot up websites??

The same here?  huh.gif

Ah now i get what you mean..

Dont know, but if there are only 2 or 3 people affected by this then it probably is a bug, otherwise we would have heard alot more reports wink_o.gif

Maybe the "affected" should post where they downloaded the patch.

Even a bug would have affected more people, or not?

Even a bug would have affected more people, or not?

I dont know, im just speculating. It might have something to do with a rare combination of addons/patching order/language version/etc.

I wonder if it really is FADE, as i cant remember BIS mentioning it..

Ive heard about this kind of problem in OFP before... happened to Bizons and HK MP5s only though and this was always (or only) related to people used illegal versions of OFP.

My 1.02 works fine.. Im glad the issue with the M4 carbine has been fixed!

Hasn`t fade exactly that "feature" when it`s activated?

Who knows, never had trouble with Fade.

Have you read my post? I tested various weapons in the editor without the reported error.

All assault rifles and pistols worked fine, as they should. huh.gif

After reading this thread I went and tried out a bunch of units on the default island. I sat on a small hill with a bunch of civs a couple hundred meters away for target practice. I tried almost all the weapons and stances and never saw this problem at all either. In burst and auto fire I was getting the dispersion I knew I would, but not the "bug" thats being described. It all seemed fine to me.

Edit: And this is with the German DL version patched to 1.02 and with the english patch installed.

Just some interlude from 1.01

I am currently working on a mission and I have experienced that the silenced AKS-74UN is shooting very wrong. I have to aim very low to actually hit targets, even on close ranges. Tested all stances with zoomed ironsights. I have to aim about 1.5 to 2 cm low, no matter if on 50 or 200 m´s. To a minor extend this is also the case for the M16 A2. Don´t know if this has been solved with he 1.02 patch already. No bullet dispersal but trajectory of weapons seems to be wrong with ironsights. Can anyone test in 1.02 version ?

For me weapons are more accurate in 1.02 than they was in 1.01.

Like the M16 in 1.01 the bullet was aiming 5° above the sight. Now it is more like the ironsight.

Are you guys shure that the bullets come "in strange directions" out of the weapons? Sometimes when I shoot, and I follow the tracer how it bounces off from a stone, it looks like that the ricocheted bullet came out of the weapon. I have no problems with shooting and hitting my targets, with non of the weapons. And remember, rifles don't shoot laser beams, even when it looks like that... rofl.gif

Unbelievable...

Could I make a very fast summary ?

ArmA is released in Germany 17 days now... not full 3 weeks.

And we have:

1. Two patches

2. Patches dont work for everyone

3. Buglist is endless

4. Performance is poor

5. Already different versions and interchangable problems

6. Unofficial patches, mods, whatnot...

7. Very bad distribution system

8. Copyprotection problems

Aahhh.. I mean come on BIS .... people are already talking like : "This works in 1.01 but not in 1.02" and "1.01 was better than 1.02 because [...]" - All this is messed up.

Compare the amount of people who were unhappy with OPF back in 2001 and the people who are not only unhappy but angry about ArmA.

I think ArmA was a complete mess-up. Sorry for the harsh language but im quite angry.

What happened with the Weapons precision?

When i try to shoot an enemy the bullets go everywhere, right, left, up, down, except the enemy or target.

The weapons precision were already frustating, but now. I can't even play.

What happened?

I totally agree with this guy, I was going to complain about the aiming myself. With 1.02 patch the aim is awful, I can't hit a barn door from 10 metres now.

I am using an M4 Aimpoint, am on the very last mission in the campaign, and prone. My fire is absolutely wild, I can't shoot anyone.

I went into classic Flashpoint and was wasting the russkies good style so it's not my aim/reflexes/mouse/rig. What gives?? confused_o.gif

PS: I didn't get a message "Original games don't FADE" ... does armed assault tell you that FADE is activated or not? I put the English language patch on, could that be it???

i use patch 0.9 whith Arma from morphicon patched 1.0.2

i dont enderstand, i v no problem whith my fire ??

after reading this post i v trying much weapon wow_o.gif

and find the weapon setting correct,

how its possible to have different result?

I have no problems with aim now since patch 1.02 I have many CTDs, but problems with graphics are solved, now I have new problems, I think this game is messed up alot it reminds me more and more to BF2 where every patch introduced new problems to the game and solved old so they never got it patched right. I am starting to think we will get same situation with arma. I hope I am wrong!

Guest Ti0n3r

Here's a pic of the problem. Look at the bullet tracer;

examplefubarse2.jpg

link

I've never seen it in my ArmA version. wow_o.gif

the recoil of the ak and other weapons has been a bit reduced i think. BUT especially the ak should be majory improved for playability (less recoil!wink_o.gif since its the main weapon of the east side

Guest Ti0n3r

Is FADE even included in ArmA? O_o

Is FADE even included in ArmA? O_o

The question is : do you have this bug? Like on the screenshot you posted.

yep,bullet spread is now massive,

took me 10 shots in crouch to kill an AI at 100m.

then his AI mate turned and one shotted me with an aK,lmfao,,,absolutely stupid.

i was half behind a wall,with a bush infront of me.

and btw,the campaign,just get in and out the first tank,and you complete the mission,its so bugged this game sad_o.gif

what annoys,is even if you have high shooting skill,you then have to deal with bullet spread.

where AI on high skill,means one shot and no bullet spread.

its unrealistic in a supose to be realistic game.

wrecks everything about the game sad_o.gif

wink_o.gif

IIRC from a pre 1.46 OFP patch they fixed a bug that addons could activate FADE under certain circumstances..

If everyone with this bug can post their version, addons used and patching order then we might be able to see if the bug is reproducable. smile_o.gif

recoil works fine for me.

FADE is a good idea and might be BIS updating the list of known pirate version keys in the patch. But wouldn't it also have an anti-pirate message - like original games don't fade or something? maybe check your keys with a moderator (Placebo?) just in case?

I have a legit version bought online from morphicon.