Sign in to follow this  
GermanPower

Patch 1.02 Released for Czech and German ArmA

Maybe BIS should pick some trustworthy testers fromt he community and let them help with massive testing?

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood idea! notworthy.gif

I haven't noticed any difference apart from the sound being better. Helicopter and vehicles hundreds of meters away now do not sound as if they are right next to you. Maybe this is down to the OpenAl Drivers.

My LOD, texture errors are worse than before. And numerous clan members are still experiencing CTD's etc

waiting for a properly tested 1.03....

Sorry If I sound ungrateful, but I've just had such a frustrating night with this game, I'm not sure why I bother.

Before someone shoots off, telling me its my computer. my rig can run any game at medium settings. I will be upgrading soon after Christmas, and I also have friends with monster machines who still suffer from endless bugs and glitches.

first of a big thanks to the guys at BIS for working so hard to bring out this new patch so fast!

the performance took a quite noticable step forward again for me with this one (if this keeps up maybe soon we'll be able to play with viewdistance 10000 after all smile_o.gif)

aiming seems fine now with the weapons i tried so far.

sound is also improved a little but still needs work (reverb!, occlusion, etc.)

one disappointment however: turning of tracers STILL doesn't work crazy_o.gif . come on BIS...this should be easy to fix?! and it's a really annoying bug.

something else i noticed:

it seems the enemy is targeting me with great preference...not sure if this really was introduced by this patch though.

once i was crawling towards a tank. two guys from my team with rockets right next to me shot at the tank...and the tank shot...ME?!huh.gif i wasn't even equiped with an rpg. quite strange...

Quote[/b] ]something else i noticed:

it seems the enemy is targeting me with great preference...not sure if this really was introduced by this patch though.

once i was crawling towards a tank. two guys from my team with rockets right next to me shot at the tank...and the tank shot...ME?!huh.gif i wasn't even equiped with an rpg. quite strange...

Maybe a preference for commanders?

It could be possible that they spotted you before the other soldiers and therefore took you out first.

I'm loving this patch.

I've spent the last couple of hours just flying the helos. I'm using a MS FF Sidewinder 2 and I honestly love how they feel. The MI is like flying a bus and the stick is very stiff while flying the KA feels very smooth. I love how you have to think about flying now and how you can't just jump in and go without ever worrying about crashing. I haven't tried it with just the keyboard or mouse and keyboard and don't ever plan to now after having so much fun flying with the FF stick and a 3.5k viewdistance with the settings below. I'm not sure if it was the patch or some settings I adjusted after reinstalling and patching, but this game is silky smooth on my new machine after the patch. It was good before, but it seems much better now.

settings.jpg

Shame the AI are still stupid on dedicated servers, next patch maybe? confused_o.gif or wait for ECP. yay.gif

Always nice to hear people have fun flying with a stick unfortunatly most players dont have one at hand or dont feel a need to buy one just to be able to fly right in ArmA  confused_o.gif

I beg BIS to at least add a option to select between a stick system ( keep as it is now ) and a Keyboard version ( like classic OFP ).

Like Ebud i also spent some hours testing all choppers and have to say i'm VERY pleased !

I haven't used my MS Sidewinder (cant be arsed to install drivers atm) so i used keyboard & mouse - and IT ROCKS.

IMO there are differences to the arcade/fun steering method of OpF, but it's perfectly balanced between simulation and OpF now. If you can't handle it (i couldn't before the 1.02 patch) you have to invest more time to learn it - some hours yesterday did the trick for me.

Just for the fun of it i forced a Littlebird to fly around in a city 2m above ground - like a floating tank. It is possible. I landed on some buildings, tried to fly through both towers on that yellowish church (you can't, invisible wall there) and slowly steered around the sharpest corners. It's so much fun now !

1.) Rudders are useless beyond speeds of 20+. You can't change your direction anymore and if you let go your heli will start to shake / become unstable due to high speeds. It's still good for a quick strafing run (spray shots side to side into a group of targets) though.

2.) On higher speeds fly like a plane. Tilt to side results in a sharp curve but you will sink down pretty fast so before going into the curve fly up a bit - due to the lower speed your curve will become sharper.

But yes, it's different from OpF, but it's not all bad. smile_o.gif Imo they did a great job on the last patch.

About the ZIP/RAR Issue, I haven't really read the rest of the thread, but AFAIK BIS uses gzip compression in their installers/patchers etc. which generally means that rarring them wouldn't help a thing (as compressing compressed files is near to redundant) or not worth the effort.

I'm loving this patch.

I've spent the last couple of hours just flying the helos. I'm using a MS FF Sidewinder 2 and I honestly love how they feel. The MI is like flying a bus and the stick is very stiff while flying the KA feels very smooth. I love how you have to think about flying now and how you can't just jump in and go without ever worrying about crashing. I haven't tried it with just the keyboard or mouse and keyboard and don't ever plan to now after having so much fun flying with the FF stick and a 3.5k viewdistance with the settings below. I'm not sure if it was the patch or some settings I adjusted after reinstalling and patching, but this game is silky smooth on my new machine after the patch. It was good before, but it seems much better now.

[ig]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/ebud/settings.jpg[/img]

Whats your system spec. ?

Quote[/b] ]Maybe a preference for commanders?

if so it doesn't make sense from a tank crew point of view. when you're stuck in one of those things the very first thing you'd want to target are the guys that could blow the tank up under your ***.

Quote[/b] ]It could be possible that they spotted you before the other soldiers and therefore took you out first.

maybe...but unlikely. i was prone and crawling slowly while the other guys were crouching and SHOOTING rpgs at the tank. i'm pretty sure one of them must have hit it because we were pretty close to the tank already.

anyone else getting checksum errors or something while installing the patch? i reinstalled the game now like 10 times... and still get errors when i try to patch...

I'm loving this patch.

I'm not sure if it was the patch or some settings I adjusted after reinstalling and patching, but this game is silky smooth on my new machine after the patch. It was good before, but it seems much better now....

I agree, with my mid-range system (A64 3500+, 1GB RAM, GF7900GS 512MB) I could also increase my settings considerably.

Settings

Mushroom

Damn, 45 euro for AA, 17 euro for delivery.......and.....and i have a CZ version of game, which even can't be properly patched. Damn !

I mean, Can YOU GUYS make a real changements, and don't touch all things which are already good.

anyone else getting checksum errors or something while installing the patch? i reinstalled the game now like 10 times... and still get errors when i try to patch...

Yeah I also had some issues when installing the patch.. I have the German retail copy.. I found that installing the 1.01 patch and then the 1.02 patch works fine.. Don't know if installing ArmA, to a diffrent hdd has anything to do with the files not being able to be verified, from 1.00 to 1.02..

so basicly if u are having trouble just install the 1.01 patch b4 you install the 1.02 patch.

what copy do u own? and do u have it installed to the default Dir?

Cracking patch though.. not getting one CTD now. yay.gif

I found that installing the 1.01 patch and then the 1.02 patch works fine.. Don't know if installing ArmA, to a diffrent hdd has anything to do with the files not being able to be verified, from 1.00 to 1.02..

i have the german dvd version (SE - but i don't think that matters). i already tried installing patch 1.01 first - still errors. i uninstalled winrar and the patch went pretty far. it still had some problems with weapons.pbo later in the installation process (while having winrar installed the errors appeared very early and stated either buildings.pbo, characters.pbo or both where corrupt).

my installatation of arma is not in the standard directory (i dont want to have a "program files" just for arma while this directory on german windows is named "programme")...

i also don't want to install it on another hdd - i have a pretty fast sata II drive and my other hdd is old and slow.

based on what you said i did a chkdsk on my drive - we'll see if it helps.

EDIT: nope - it didn't help. still getting errors. now also on wheels.pbo.... any official word on what is going on here (in the german forums there are also people who have the same problem)?

I clicked on the patch and it said ... Wrong CD Key.

I have German version, all legit crazy_o.gif

Same message here sad_o.gif

All I can think guys who are having issues installing the patch is.. do a fresh install Delete the arma folder from the C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents. and delete the 6th sence folder that will still be in your installation Dir ArmA. reboot!!

install from scratch close all running applications.. d/load a number of patchs 2x 1.01 but each from a diffrence sorce that way if one is corrupt use the other.. same with 1.02.. after a successful install.. patch to 1.01 only if you have the retail copys and not the d/load.. if you have the d/load install straight to the 1.02v..  ok so after a successful install- retail copys install patch 1.01v and then 1.02v and see how it go's

remember the chez to english patch.. and german to english patch you need v0.9.

and yes it should work fine with a update from 1.00v straight to 1.02v but that didn't work for me so i'm just showing ppl my way to see if it helps.

well Postal69, the issues with the patch are not only connected to the 6th sense stuff. I had a clean install and I never installed anything from them (i'm german, so why should i patch the german version to english?) but still got the Sara.pbo error message.

However, I 'solved' it by installing ArmA on my parents PC, patching it there and copying all files back to my machine later. Funny thing is, my parents PC isn't even able to play the game but can patch it.

New flight model is awesome, somehow like in the Flight Simulator biggrin_o.gif

All I can think guys who are having issues installing the patch is.. do a fresh install Delete the arma folder from the C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents. and delete the 6th sence folder that will still be in your installation Dir ArmA. reboot!!

install from scratch close all running applications.. d/load a number of patchs 2x 1.01 but each from a diffrence sorce that way if one is corrupt use the other.. same with 1.02.. after a successful install.. patch to 1.01 only if you have the retail copys and not the d/load.. if you have the d/load install straight to the 1.02v.. ok so after a successful install- retail copys install patch 1.01v and then 1.02v and see how it go's

remember the chez to english patch.. and german to english patch you need v0.9.

and yes it should work fine with a update from 1.00v straight to 1.02v but that didn't work for me so i'm just showing ppl my way to see if it helps.

did all this. doesn't work. i don't have any addons. i am native german.

installing on another (older) machine works fine tho. (game wont run there).