Sign in to follow this  
XJ220

Sprocket Troubleshooting thread.

huh? i'm about to buy a new system with Vista x64, your saying i won't be able to play with my sprocket? [should have 2 downloads left, 1 was on here, but i reformated, no point using another on this if Im getting new one]

I have a way to fix it all!

Don't use Sprocket!

Buy the CD/DVD version.

No more worries...no more problems.

If you already have...well then get a refund or call it a wash and head to the store.

Worked for me! wink_o.gif

Couldn't get in contact with them...money down the drain. Oh, well, with any other game I'd be infuriated but this is the Operation Flashpoint legacy we're talking about. Got my solid copy pre-ordered. Bastards at Sprocket can go and get a handjob with my $40 for all I care.

what happened, you wasted all 3 installs and they wouldn't give you anymore or something? I still have 2 left, i sure help they still work...

Armed Assault does work with 64 bit version of windows vista but atleast in version 1.05 you need to add this to your startbetapatch.bat file -maxmem=512 or you will get alot of memory errors. If your not using any beta's append to your shortcut ex "L:\games\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -maxmem=512.

Version 1.05 did not fix certain memory errors that the readme said it fixed I was still getting them until i added the -maxmem=512. I don't have the newest machine out there Im still using a amd x64 3000+ , nvidia 7800 gs oc, 2 gigs of ram.

gi

is anyone having success with the 1.07 Beta Patch with the Sprocket download?

I downloaded the 1.05 (UK) version from Sprocket and when I try to launch the game with the new patch it gives me this message http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1/silverguy82/problem-1.jpg and doesn't launch.

also...mentioned in the general forums there are reports of problem with the campaign ca.pbo file when installing the patch

is anyone having success with the 1.07 Beta Patch with the Sprocket download?

I downloaded the 1.05 (UK) version from Sprocket and when I try to launch the game with the new patch it gives me this message http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c1/silverguy82/problem-1.jpg and doesn't launch.

also...mentioned in the general forums there are reports of problem with the campaign ca.pbo file when installing the patch

it doesn't launch beta after activating with me

A few days ago I downloaded and installed the 1.07 beta patch and now my I get asked to re-activate my sproket-version of the game, to which of course it says "activation number in use..." sad_o.gif I have emailed sproket heaps for another code but no reply... Anyway, as I was searching this forum for help I found this in the 1.07 'News' post:

"FOR USERS OF DIGITAL ONLINE DOWNLOAD IT MAY ALSO USE ADDITIONAL ACTIVATION AND MAKE EVEN THE ORIGINAL GAME UNPLAYABLE"

I'm sure that warning wasnt there before I downloaded the patch...

Either way, anybody know a way i can revert back to 1.05 and use my game? or will I have to wait a few weeks to hear from sproket?

A few days ago I downloaded and installed the 1.07 beta patch and now my I get asked to re-activate my sproket-version of the game, to which of course it says "activation number in use..."  sad_o.gif I have emailed sproket heaps for another code but no reply... Anyway, as I was searching this forum for help I found this in the 1.07 'News' post:

"FOR USERS OF DIGITAL ONLINE DOWNLOAD IT MAY ALSO USE ADDITIONAL ACTIVATION AND MAKE EVEN THE ORIGINAL GAME UNPLAYABLE"

I'm sure that warning wasnt there before I downloaded the patch...

Either way, anybody know a way i can revert back to 1.05 and use my game? or will I have to wait a few weeks to hear from sproket?

I think BIS knew about it, so it's ok, 1.07 final release should work for us as well. other way we will demand our money back smile_o.gif)))

But at the moment I cant even play the 1.05 version sad_o.gif I think it has screwed with the activation registry or something...

Maxrigga what happens when you try to launch?

and for killagee... there is 2 .exe files... one just says Arma.exe and this you use to launch 1.05, another says "Launch Arma Beta Patch" use that one for 1.07

I fixed my problem with the xinput1_1.dll problem I had... it was something from my Sys 32 folder that I needed... so a friend helped me find the file on the internet and I put into the Beta folder...when I did that I pressed the "Launch Arma Beta Patch" .exe file and it launched me into 1.07

success you ask? I thought at first....

but then I found to my horror that I do not see any servers when I press multiplayer! Even though I know there is many servers in 1.07 now

confused_o.gifconfused_o.gif

needless to say... I'am very mad...and I feel all hope is gone for me to play 1.07 now.

I know this is not a router issue...because I go back to 1.05 and all servers show up no problem.

I hope BIS fixes this and does not leave the Sprocket people in the dark...which is what I feel right now.

had this problem with a previous patch. They couldn't fix it and ultimately I spent the next 3 months bitching until I got a refund.

Bought the Atari version..no moer crashes,no more problems. Now I can install and re-install as I please.

Sprocket has not worked right fromt he start and is a drain ...someone should just pull the plug.

try emailing to: arma@idea-games.com

the sprocket e-mail seems to be down or something.

got my activations thru this email within 2 hours.

this is pointed out before in this thread. the sprocket support don't work, so use the e-mail above.

wow..i have all these problems too.

First when trying to apply 1.07 I get an error with the ca.pbo campaign file...

When I try to trick the patcher and say my original is from Logic Base..the patch installs flawlessly well..at least until I try to run the beta patch and get a vertex shader VSTerrain error. No combination of video setting allow the game to work right.

So if I understand correctly the sprockets download is corrupt from the get go??? I want my money back !!!

ok, i wrote email to the both support centers and both asnwered me.

after 2 days of telling me kind stuff Softwrap Support finally somehow activated my game and now i play 1.07 beta. Beta goes terribly slow with me but it's not the problem of Softwrap Support.

Sprocket, Atari, US, UK, CZ... thousands of versions, thousands or releases, thousands of confusions, thousands of threads from unhappy people around the world with so many dificultes just to have and play a single game!!!

Please BIS: rejoin with Codemasters, for love of your customers! banghead.gif

When I try to trick the patcher and say my original is from Logic Base..the patch installs flawlessly well..at least until I try to run the beta patch and get a vertex shader VSTerrain error. No combination of video setting allow the game to work right.

So if I understand correctly the sprockets download is corrupt from the get go??? I want my money back !!!

I get the exact same error. crazy_o.gif BUT, when I get this error it is from using the 1.05.exe with a "-mod=beta" tag attatched. I just emailed Idea-games for more activations, but who knows if that will work.

-EDIT-

It's working! The second release of 1.07 works like a charm with the Sprocket release. I had no problems. I simply selected to "re-install existing liscence" or whatever and typed in my original ID and #. (I used the launch beta exe in the root ArmA folder, not the beta.exe in the beta folder, if that makes any difference)... yay.gif

Just ignore the error and resume installing. smile_o.gif

Seeing as this thread is the plague to BIS and Moderators, I guess I'm pretty safe in posting this....

In the words of...well let's just say the "authority" .... your complaints are unfounded.

See here. ATTENTION BIS: Sprocket ..thread

My only advice to those with Sprocket is have patience, when that runs out demand service, if that dosen't happen get a refund and buy a boxed copy.

Reposting this here since the ******* moderator named Shadow closed my post in about 5 seconds, rather than doing something useful like solving the problem.

Has anyone seen this before? It's not exactly flowing with information about what the problem is.

I have 1.05 installed. It is activated and working. I have installed the 1.07 beta, and when I enter the email address/reference number associated with my install this is the error message I get. I play with a group where some have 1.05 and some 1.06 so the only way we can all play is through the beta. BI, you're awesome. Really. NOT!

activation.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Seeing as this thread is the plague to BIS and Moderators, I guess I'm pretty safe in posting this....

In the words of...well let's just say the "authority" .... your complaints are unfounded.

See here. ATTENTION BIS: Sprocket  ..thread

My only advice to those with Sprocket is have patience, when that runs out demand service, if that dosen't happen get a refund and buy a boxed copy.

Agreed. Not to mention the way they respond with all their omniscience and close the thread so no one can even argue the point. But consider this:

What about us who have 1.05 and have warned friends, groups, clans whatever to stay away until the boxed version comes out. Now half have 1.05 and half 1.06. The only way we can play is through the beta version. Of course you don't care; you have our money.

I have exactly the same problem xaoslaad sad_o.gif does anyone know if theres a fix for this?

I got in touch with Idea. They said the official patch is due this week. If it does not fix it, they will refund my money... Might also want to get in touch with them. I've been getting delivery delayed messages from Softwraps server for days after sending an email requesting support so I wouldn't hold out much hope from there...

Right cheers mate ill get a refund if the game doesnt work with the official 1.07 patch.

Right cheers mate ill get a refund if the game doesnt work with the official 1.07 patch.

With the beta patch it re activated but upon exiting I got this,

sprocket.JPG

EDIT= putting that file in the beta folder fixed it.

Having the US hard copy on my other pc has no issue.