Sign in to follow this  
HePCaT

Marpat soldiers WIP

HePCat any chance of Desert Versions?

Check the thread a bit more towards the beginning wink_o.gif

Edit: I'll save you some time, I'm working on that part. I'll be using the same gear textures as him so we can have an addon that actually looks alike.

acumarpatuy2.jpg

As HepCat will tell you, these are re-skins of the BI units which are (wrongly) wearing acu.

I don't know how this has become a "fact" for some of you. The unit portrayed in ArmA is a Stryker Brigade Combat Team, YES they are Army, YES they are wearing the right camo.

Play through the campaign to see where the M1A1's, Cobras, Harriers, etc come from. It's part of the story.

That's it. The Armines in Armed Assault so far simply have the misfortune of wearing Marine Corps helmet and headsets. .. and missing a couple other crucial items like correct camelbaks, kneepads, mandarin collars, etc, but let's not go there. Other than that they're almost perfectly Army grunts.

As HepCat will tell you, these are re-skins of the BI units which are (wrongly) wearing acu.

I don't know how this has become a "fact" for some of you. The unit portrayed in ArmA is a Stryker Brigade Combat Team, YES they are Army, YES they are wearing the right camo.

Play through the campaign to see where the M1A1's, Cobras, Harriers, etc come from. It's part of the story.

What I meant was, they were wrongly wearing ACU for the personal equipment each troop is wearing (as Cam points out, helmets, headsets, pouches, body armour etc etc)

This I'm sure we can agree is a "fact"

(That or the more likely approach that they are wearing the wrong equipment for what they are meant to be wink_o.gif )

HePCat any chance of Desert Versions?

Check the thread a bit more towards the beginning wink_o.gif

Edit: I'll save you some time, I'm working on that part. I'll be using the same gear textures as him so we can have an addon that actually looks alike.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/6540/acumarpatuy2.jpg

Awsome this is what I was looking for, I was aware that you were making desert varient but one thing i wasn't sure on was texture co-oporatability, that is awsome that you are using the textuers of the Woodland Marine.

I'm not gonna do the desert version Wilco do it. I'm working now on the cadpat camo woodland and desert version wink_o.gif

I just took a break to play Arma, I didn't have the time to test it tounge2.gif.

One question, is there a way to edit the normal map?

Well where are they gonna get a M16A4 from anyway? :P due to the poor marines lack of funding, would it not be wise to give them M16A2s? as some units are still using them? smile_o.gif

Well where are they gonna get a M16A4 from anyway? :P due to the poor marines lack of funding, would it not be wise to give them M16A2s? as some units are still using them? smile_o.gif

You're right. but the M16A4 is not even a real gun. marines use the M16A2.

Maybe I'm crazy but I could have sworn I saw a show on TV about how M16s are made (for the military), it was at FN Manufacturing and they were definately making M16A4s, and lots of em...

Oh, not to mention this.  whistle.gif

I wouldn't worry too much about them not having the "correct" weapon as when the modding tools are released i'm expecting a few versions within a couple of months...If a bullet comes out the end of the barrel and it's heading in the direction of a person who wants to cause you some harm, then i wouldn't give a crap if i was holding the wrong version... xmas_o.gif

What i ment is that there is no way we can get an A4 in game, i merely suggested using the A2 as an option as not all marine units are equiped with new flashy gear as one might think.

Well where are they gonna get a M16A4 from anyway? :P due to the poor marines lack of funding, would it not be wise to give them M16A2s? as some units are still using them?  smile_o.gif

*slap*

What i ment is that there is no way we can get an A4 in game, i merely suggested using the A2 as an option as not all marine units are equiped with new flashy gear as one might think.

I know, but I was responding to that guy Jackal just slapped. wink_o.gif

I know, but I was responding to that guy Jackal just slapped.  wink_o.gif

ok biggrin_o.gif

Well where are they gonna get a M16A4 from anyway? :P due to the poor marines lack of funding, would it not be wise to give them M16A2s? as some units are still using them?  smile_o.gif

*slap*

i think with the resources we have available to us to use at this time he has done a knock up job.

keep it up mate cant wait to see the finished product when i get ArmA  smile_o.gif

Regards HH

*slap*

i think with the resources we have available to us to use at this time wilco has done a knock up job.

keep it up mate cant wait to see the finished product when i get ArmA smile_o.gif

Regards HH

You DO realise that the released addon is HepCat's right?

Wilco's desert retex is yet to be released.

*slap*

i think with the resources we have available to us to use at this time wilco has done a knock up job.

keep it up mate cant wait to see the finished product when i get ArmA  smile_o.gif

Regards HH

You DO realise that the released addon is HepCat's right?

Wilco's desert retex is yet to be released.

i put the wrong name lol i wasnt having a good day wink_o.gif

the m16a4 is essentially the a2 with a removeable carrying handle, and removable hand guards... it IS in use, and no one but pogues (people other than infantry), army or marines, use m16a2's... i can assure you it is very much a REAL weapon. and yes kyle, FN make's a lot of the us military's m16a4s, and various other weapons. actually the m16a4 i was issued in infantry basic at 2-58 at fort benning was of FN manufacturing

the m16a4 is essentially the a2 with a removeable carrying handle, and removable hand guards... it IS in use, and no one but pogues (people other than infantry), army or marines, use m16a2's... i can assure you it is very much a REAL weapon.  and yes kyle, FN make's a lot of the us military's m16a4s, and various other weapons.  actually the m16a4 i was issued in infantry basic at 2-58 at fort benning was of FN manufacturing

Indeed, FN manufactures the M16, M249, and M240s for the US armed forces, and they own a few of the older companies (Browning, USRAC, etc..).

Can I modify your mod?

I found there is no group. I wished to add some groups.

Just get started and finished adding simple group. These are screenshot and final work.

(Of course, 'side=0;' code was wrong.)

But I wonder if I have to use this for only personal playing, not for release. (I didn't release this)

1.png

2.jpg

If anyone wants I edited the config in characters.pbo to use these marnies instead of the BIS ACU units. Does not work in MP though.

Here is the config file you must put in characters.pbo http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2J9MIFR8

Make sure you rename the config.bin to something else.

Hi, if i had too chose a display name for USMC units in the editor... will be just "USMC" for sure; and the same names the E&S choosen for they'r great USMC 1.0 Addon for the OFP 1.91 .

For me is ovbious that this days, the yankee Marines dress Marpat uniforms, so call 'em "USMC Marpat" is in my opinion o waste of bites, and i think that the USMC like in the real life is something that stays on it's place by long time. But as is not my addon... i think that the editor's name is fine until the next revision. Let's C ya