Sign in to follow this  
kroky

official complaint to BIS

Iam acually going to buy another copy joust to support Bis, like i did with Ofp.

Everyone the game doesent work for, buy new pc!

Its well worth 1000$ on a new computer to play ArmA, think of all the missions, addons and Mod's you will get to download for free in the future, enough to keep you occupied for years until Bis releases Game2smile_o.gif

And i can promiss you bis will relese more patches. Look at Ofp, they supported that game for years:)

Ofp/ArmA is not only a game, it's a way of life;)

People really need to chill with the constant sarcy comments!

Okay thumbs-up.gif ... good.

I understand what many of you are saying, the state of the game, no it is not perfect, then again neither was ofp. Was it playable? yes it was, is ArmA playable, yes it is.

Did ofp have bugs on the first release? yes it did. If i recall correctly it had some seriously horrible bugs that put me off playing the game for around a month. One day I randomly picked up ofp and felt like playing it and since then I have loved it. All these patches then came out and turned it into a brilliant game. I believe ArmA is going to be exactly the same.

To the people who are saying they feel ripped off, how the hell have you been ripped off?! When ofp CWC came out it was pretty much in the same state as ArmA. Just have some trust in BIS, they do not ignore their community despite what you may thing at the moment.

It will all be good eventually. Unfortunately you DO have to be patient... trust me, it really isn't that hard!

PONDLIFE: You are on the spot with that!

INNOCENT&CLULESS: You to!

SOLID SNAKE??: You dont get anything, do you? Or are you getting some from BI?

Take a look around this very forums and you all find people both with lowend- aswell as highendmachines having great trouble even starting this game. Its 2007 for christ. Bugs Does exist in big complex games like this, yes, but atleast it should be playable to a deggre when one can actually see what the heck is going on in the game.

Investment my a--.

But the most annoying facts (that i wrote in another topic bytheway) is the almost complete silence from BI, and the moderators here closing topics and warning members who say what so many of us think.

Really good customersupport indeed!

Many regards,

A very dissapointed paying customer

Quote[/b] ]Its well worth 1000$ on a new computer to play ArmA, think of all the missions, addons and Mod's you will get to download for free in the future, enough to keep you occupied for years until Bis releases Game2

That might be true for OFP but i wouldnt get me hopes up that Missions,addons and Mods will be there for Armed Assault. If those same people that make those things cant get Armed Assault to run on there machines what then?

I took the advice of a forum member as to set up my machine to run armed assault the correct way and guess what. I run the demo perfectly, no ai bugs, no sound bugs ,no texture problems. I get 50 FPS even in towns with all my settings maxed with a 10000 view distance. But guess what, if nobody else can run it what good is being the one of the few that can. sad_o.gif

But around here, if your not a hardcore fan, your no good.

Who's saying this? You are. You are basically stating; "if they don't agree with me then they're FANBOYS". You realize by acting like this you actually behave exactly like the supposed people you don't like. It's very insecure behavior.

Eh, I tried anyway.

Quote[/b] ]Who's saying this? You are. You are basically stating; "if they don't agree with me then they're FANBOYS". You realize by acting like this you actually behave exactly like the supposed people you don't like. It's very insecure behavior.

Sounds like luciano proved is point, he made a statement which wasnt flaming and he gets flamed.  whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]But around here, if your not a hardcore fan, your no good

is what he stated true or untrue?

@ solid-snake: Why you do not hand over all your property to BIS? Why you do not make a OFP shrine and make a photo? Why you do not found a BI-church and put a Fatwa on everyone who does not love ArmA 1.05?

I write it here the 10th time: If someone is happy with ArmA as it is, goooood! But do not tell us that we do not have to expect anything for the money. Or that we have to wait? You did not gave me the money for my copy. It was mine. So shut up in this issue.

Go to the next server instead, test the game like hell, make a note in the public bug tracker if you tested one issue and it is solved, if you find a problem, make a decent report - that would help.

THX

Sounds like luciano proved is point, he made a statement which wasnt flaming and he gets flamed. whistle.gif

Dude, you have no idea what a flame is. Sorry.

Edit:

is what he stated true or untrue?
I think you missed my point entirely. It's a entirely subjective statement that's only true if you think it is. And if you do, you have some kind of persecution complex stemming from insecurity. Whatever opinion you have has nothing to do with it.

Quote[/b] ]Who's saying this? You are. You are basically stating; "if they don't agree with me then they're FANBOYS". You realize by acting like this you actually behave exactly like the supposed people you don't like. It's very insecure behavior

Sounds like a flame to me but i guess different strokes for different folks is all huh.gif

There is one big problem here, Arma is no BF or CS clone.

If a new BF or CS comes out with bugs, no matter they like the gameplay and can live with the bugs.

But Arma is something else, and must be blamed for every single bug.

BIS provides the best patch support you can get. Not super fast, but constant over years, while other company's drop their support very fast.

Think that most People here have played OFP so plz stop this crap about it beeing something else than BF2 or whatever. We know this!

I still claim that we are right to beeing able to actually play the game for starters. I to suffer from what many others have reported, these graphical abnormalites (oh wait, did I get S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) and these are NOT acceptable in 2007 in my humble opinion.

I to have OFP, Red hammer and Resistance and belive them to be some of the best games ever made, (best ever:Grim Fandango) and therefore had great hopes for Arma as a great game. But to be a great game, i think we could atleast demand some proper testing before the relese. Or am I wrong here?

I apologise if I have upset a few people on, that was not my intention. What concerns me the most is what majority are happy with Arma in it's current state? True BIS will come out with more patches in due time, but how long should i have to wait before i can actually play Arma for what it is supposed to be?

The mention of different mods made by the community is a valid point, I have downloaded many of these, but with the bugs in the game even after a couple of patches still present, i cannot play them as they were intended on my computer but others can!

I guess the point I'm trying to make is how long will it be before someone from BIS comes on here and says whoops?? The game has only recently been released here in the UK, but unfortunately I have had my copy a few months now and to be perfectly honest, It's in a worse state now overall than when i originally bought it.

BIS have been on here to state that theres a driver error with ATI cards that causes lag during play, that was the day after the patch release, yet they stated during work on 1.05 that they've optimised the game and its running better?

I admire BIS on the work thats gone into Arma on what should be a great technical and tactical game but it's flawed from the very beginning for some people and the patches seem to be taking one step forward, two steps back... an example. they've improved AI in the game, yes they have, but now the team follow orders less well than they did before, Hold Fire command is great until you try and switch to engage yet they don't ( that wasn't a problem until the latest patch).

I could go on, but I guess you know where I'm coming from, alot of us have had the patch just over a day and found faults with it, BIS have been working on this along time and they didn't?

I just want the basics working BIS, thats all.. leave the extras to the modding community please.

P.s. I don't play CS or Battlefield, but I'm guessing most people here could if they bought it.

Quite incredible how people come with the same type of complaints game after game. Why they hell do they have to be so damn predictable? I could very well copy paste the complaints from any random game. Same old boring comments like "did they beta test this game", "I am too stupid to fix my drivers properly, game is broken". bla bla.

I have said it before and I say it again. People finding it hard to patch their drivers properly should stick to console gaming, it is that simple.

Game is only a few months old and already we have 4 patches. That is more support than most games see. MTW2 is still on 1.01 for instance (released at the same time). For me this game was playable from day one at least.

marcus

Quote[/b] ] and these are NOT acceptable in 2007 in my humble opinion

Were bugs more acceptable in the year 2006 then ? huh.gif

I really don´t understand why you all are so fast to point fingers, blame here , blame there.

Patch 1.05 certainly fixed and added a lot of new stuff and a lot of things have been improved that were asked for by the community.

On the other hand it has decreased performance for other (like me) and created new issues.

Is this acceptable ?

Yes, it is, keeping in mind that since the release BIS was working very hard to push naked Arma 1.00 to 1.04 for the 505 release which has already been a major step forward. Now within 2 or 3 weeks they worked out a over 400 MB patch for 1.02 to 1.05 that fixes a lot of stuff. Just get on a rooftop and see how AI now performs in cramped spaces and urban scenarios. This is so much better than in 1.02.

The timeframe for the patch 1.05 was very limited and I am very happy about the things they fixed, extended and improved. A real big list of changes and not all of them have made the game more bad. infact only a few of them are bugged while the rest works great.

But it´s either the unwillingness to see that, the inability to see it (if it´s not a bug, it´s not visible) or the change just doesn´t comfort some as it is with the grass.

At the bottom line you can´t please everyone. That was the same with OFP, but there is a difference betwen a bug and something you personally don´t like.

BIS has tried to take Arma to a better level with 1.05 and in my opinion they have reached the goal. Sure, there are things to be worked upon, sure there are bugs, sure there are hardware related problems. But do you seriously think they would have the time and the infrastructure to test a beta patch on a variety of computers that are representative to the com here within an acceptable timeframe ?

This is very naive.

I guess the guys who are screaming for this and that now, would have been the same who would have had forum-heart attacks if BIS said that they would have to wait to the end of June for the next major patch because of the timeconsuming betatest of a patch.

What is also getting on my nerves is the degrading style of interactions here. Accusations, flaming , name-calling has so much increased over the last weeks that a new user who just signed up here must get a very bad impression from the formerly helpfull and grown-up community.

Support the Mods !

If you do see foul language, flaming and name-calling, use the "Report this post to a moderator"

link under the post.

If people can´t stay polite or on-topic on their own, they must be helped to do so.

Now sit back and relax a bit and have confidence. I have had doubts after the 1.00 release but with 1.05 Arma has already turned into something that is very close to all of our wishes.

There is still a lot of work to for BIS, yes.

But pointing fingers over and over again is not contributing at all.

If you want to contribute, file a detailed bugreport and post it in the bugtracking system and help the mods to keep this forum civilized and grown-up.

I wasn't pointing the finger at BIS, I was trying to point it in the right direction. Improve what we were given, dont take it away. Maybe it would be nice to have someone from BIS on here to reassure people on what they are aware of and what they are working on, not this wait and see policy thats turns out to disappoint many.

On the pluses what they did for the grass problem is great, also the aiming is much improved. As i said in an earlier post the AI is a lot better at taking out the enemy in my opinion, I suppose thats what makes the basic faults stick out more.

To quote Balschoiw "within two or three weeks BIS have turned out a 400mb patch" that is true for some, but for others it's been two or three months and we have made BIS aware of the problems yet they still appear after the latest.

Quote[/b] ]they've improved AI in the game, yes they have, but now the team follow orders less well than they did before, Hold Fire command is great until you try and switch to engage yet they don't ( that wasn't a problem until the latest patch).

I have a patch for you that you don´t even have to download.

If you tell your squad to hold fire, they hold fire.

If you want them to open fire, they also do. Just use command menu 3-1 "open fire"

Where is the bug ?

Sometimes I think people come across something, immedeatly ALT-Tab out of game and go on a rampage without further checking.

Testing the game must be a pain is the ass for BI..

They have to consider this large amount of diferent HW specs, (AMD's, C2D's, DX9 cards (ati and nvidia), DX10 G80's, drivers for vista, xp...)

Then there are all the diferent game versions wich require diferent patches or ensuring that a single patch works properly in diferent game builds (DVD 1.0, DVD 1.2, DVD 1.4, DL 1.0, DL 1.5, etc...) and considering that diferent builds also use diferent CP software.

That alone makes me respect the work they are going thru to improve Arma, they have succeeded in some aspects and havent in others... yet, but im still very confident smile_o.gif .

True todays hardware must be a nightmare for developers and bug issue hunting, maybe what they're trying to achieve is a bit ambitious given the amounts of different computer specs out there, but the overall impression is'nt good.

The concept of Arma is fantastic, and what they have running at the moment is commendable, but maybe they over stretched the ambition from OFP in the time scale before game2 is released.

Maybe thats what worries me most!

And yes Balschoiw, it's on the same command page as I used to issue the hold fire, you know that, I know that, unfortunately thats where command stays.

The concept of ARMA is the same concept as OFP. So nothing new here.

Why do you guys act as if BIS is the only company in the world that supports its games? Yes MTW2 had only 1 patch, but the game had very few obvious bugs, and it was very playable. There are some minor bugs that were fixed with one patch. And maybe they have some other stuff that you can barely notice. And there are almost no performance bugs. Point is they don't need a gazilion patches.

I don't see BIS supporting their games more than other companies. Other companies just as small that you can compare. Releasing frequent patches doesn't mean support. Getting results means support.

Look at Tripwire for example. (The guy who made RO). They are pretty supportive, just as much as BIS, and even beyond in some aspects.

In OFP, BIS did provide very good support and got really good results with patches. Sadly, thats not the case with ARMA (As of yet).

Also, we can't expect BIS to give the same support as OFP received. OFP was backed by a pretty known publisher. BIS had obligations to fulfil, and things were different.

I'm judging ARMA's support by what it has been given, not about previous BIS products.

So far, the numerous ARMA patches didn't fix major issues. ARMA also has too many major issues, so I'm guessing that would be hard to fix, but still, it is us who pay for BIS's decissions.

Its very hard to release an unfinished game and then try to patch it. Much more hard than even delaying for a year. Look at STALKER for example. If GSC followed, BIS's example, STALKER would have been a disaster. Reading reviews and previews, it looks like a decent success. Also, they had an open beta, something BIS should have done.

@Balschoiw

A very good statement, better it couldn't be said.

If we could rate posts here I'd give it whatever the max. is. smile_o.gif

From my point of view the support from BI is still very good. OK some things I reported recently are still not fixed, but in return suggestions I made found their way in 1.04/1.05 even these suggestions were pretty much unimportant.

The people at BI are making a very good job, there's no doubt about that. smile_o.gif

@Luciano

For how many years Stalker was delayed? And on a sidenote, I think it's more the publishers fault that ArmA was released too early, not BIs fault.

Quote[/b] ]@Balschoiw

A very good statement, better it couldn't be said.

If we could rate posts here I'd give it whatever the max. is.

Thx smile_o.gif

I think BIS is giving really nice support. You can see developers posting things in the forum, giving possible solutions and such.

They made a wiki to maintain a good overview that even the commmunity can see/edit. This is about features/bugs and so on.

I personnaly have no problems running. The only thing I encountered is a crash when I alt-tab too often, which happens in other games aswell so no big deal.

Also I don't see that many problems. If you take this forum as a reference, there aren't that many complaints about bugs if you think about how many games have been sold. I don't know how much they have sold, but I think it's quite a lot.

Considering the price of the game(37€), I think you get some pretty good game for it. There are other games that cost 60€ and are barely playable at release, and have much less support.

Quote[/b] ]There are other games that cost 60€ and are barely playable at release, and have much less support.

And what games are those? Can you name one?

Even two:

Söldner

Gothic 3

Edit:

One more:

Boiling Point (actually it was so bugged that I never ever touched it again and from what I´ve read the patches never eally fixed it and support has been long scrapped)