Sign in to follow this  
kroky

official complaint to BIS

EA and BIS both have annoyances in the way they make games. But I'd much rather play a BIS game than a EA game. EA makes a poor game very well while BIS makes a brilliant game with a lot of mistakes.

Haredogg you need to take chill-pill!

I see folks here being civil and your still popping your top and got a mouth like a sewer!

Keep your points contructive and folks will help you, but 'spit the dummy' and act like a 9year old and you've blown it....

Quote[/b] ]a lot of you fan boys have your noses so far up boheima's butts you must be stupified.

Very clever indeed......... whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]EA and BIS both have annoyances in the way they make games. But I'd much rather play a BIS game than a EA game. EA makes a poor game very well while BIS makes a brilliant game with a lot of mistakes.

EA doesn't make games, they are publishers. They pay developers to make games for them. But in this case, and according to this logic, Codemasters get all the credit for OFP. Nice. notworthy.gif

I know all about the sounds of weapons and bullets passing by me, when I was in the army I heard plenty of cracking noises over my head while being shot at... but that's not what im talking about here, I'm saying the sound STOPS working in the game, it's messed up... banghead.gif how else could I explain this?

the mission I was talking about the sound would bug and that would mess up the mission, the leader would stop giving commands and the it would result in not be able to complete it. understand?

I have a sound blaster audigy gamer sound card with the latest drivers from the wiki page, prior to 1.05 patch I had both sound accelerators 'enabled' now I had to disable EAX to get it to stop bugging SOMETIMES but half the time it still bugs and the sound ceases.

again IM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE REALISM IN THE SOUNDS, IM TALKING ABOUT THE SOUNDS IN ARMA NOT WORKING RIGHT, my god!

oh forget it, I'm giving up, there's so many things wrong with this game Id be wasting my personal time trying to list them all and id be doing BIS a favor and forget that. I'm out. lock this thread, ban me, flame away I dont give a crap.

cant forget the guns:

pistols.gifyay.gif

I have the sound blaster audigy 2 ZS and i suffered from a period of sound loss, *but* i solved that by reducing some of the ingame settings.

I have an

AMD64 3500+

ASUS A8N-E nForce 4 motherboard

120gig and 200gig Western Digital Caviar SE 7,200rpm HDD

1 Gig Crucial Ballistix PC3200 (dual-channel)

GeForce 7800GT PCI-E 256mb

Audigy 2ZS

I found that messing about with  the in game settings -majority on 'normal' except shadows (low) Ground (low) AA High, AF low i could play and not suffer sound loss. I also have turned off EAX.

1280x1024

I admit it's early doors, but it's progress compaired to the beginning when i just ramped up the detail and lost sound as soon as a big battle kicked off!

I also suggest this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353 as it takes a shed load of rubbish off your CPU and RAM.

Works real sweet wink_o.gif

Haredogg just earned himself a 48hr PR and WL1.

I'm with Haredogg on this one, maybe it is frustration on his behalf, but I know where he's coming from. This Forum does seem rather split; you have the people who can play the game and ignore the bugs or patiently wait for the next patch, but God forbid anyone who says anything negative about BIS, and on the other side you have people like Haredogg, myself and I'm sure plenty others who are annoyed and disappointed by the treatment from BIS and rightly so.

Having purchased the Czech version of the game on release there, i have been waiting ( patiently )what is now a good couple of months to have some of the so called bugs fixed. There are still people out there who are unable to get the game even started on their computers, or crashing for no obvious reasons, but it seems when they complain the response is either thread locked by a Mod or Flamed by many for saying a bad word about Arma!

You should understand that some of the problems that people are suffering from is unacceptable from something that they have paid, like myself good money for a game that does'nt even work as it should or not at all.

Yes BIS have released patches for the game, Yes BIS have a good re'pore with many on this forum, but that doesnt give them the right to release this game in it's current state even after patching.

What i can't except is the fact that so many bugs on the list have been ignored from day one. Sure they've made some improvements, But i like many don't want an a new Motorbike, Harrier or weapons added to the game while the bugs listed on the official list are ignored and some people still unable to get the game working properly-save that for when it is running stable.

At the moment, Arma that cost me alot of money to get sent here is unplayable in it's current form, maybe not for you, or others, but you should be able to see this issue from other people point of view.

So what do I do now? Do i have to wait for the next patch to arrive? Do i have to marvel at all the extra things BIS includes in the next patch while still ignoring the listed bugs?

Maybe BIS will release their next game on a loan basis! I'll pay them the money when their product is actually complete and working on mine and others computers.

So BIS, THIS GAME IS BROKEN. Don't add extra bits that just increase the problems...FIX WHAT DOESN'T WORK ALREADY!

If you need the Money ask, Don't Mug me.

"This game is about potential. You just have to wait patiently like all the rest of us. And remember, ARMA is an investment"

PONDLIFE just do what most of us have done. Just leave and let the Kool-Aid Drinkers wait for each patch to get there hopes up that this will be the fix that they have been waiting for.

Patch 1.02 was supposed to be the one, then 1.05. Its kinda funny that all the hype 1.05 was getting you almost think that there was some payed for forum members spreading it.

So i guess they will start hyping the US release as the major patch that will fix it all.. rofl.gif Ill buy it when it hits the $10.00 shelf whould be worth the money then.

But PONDLIFE one thing, if you keep on them you will banned kinda sad that thats the case that saying things bad about the game gets you that. whistle.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
"This game is about potential. You just have to wait patiently like all the rest of us. And remember, ARMA is an investment"

Why don't you just fuck off?

Ti0n3r why dont you back off Luciano, i know he doesnt need me sticking up for him but from what i heard Kool-Aid comes in like 30 flavors now if you run to the store i sure youll find one thats not so bitter to drink.

Those brainless guys are the majority here. I am an OFP freak from days one. But those guys would sing a song even if they would not find anything else then dogsh*t in the ArmA box. They would swear that you can play with and if you disagree they call you a BF2 player.

The 1.05 brought a lot of improvements - clear, we have to honor it that they fixed such a lot of bugs within that short time.

But it does not change the fact that it is still far, far before it could be released. You should never forget that a lot of people paid around 40€ for the box, it was not written on the box:

"Careful! Inside you find a lot of bugs - but in the near future you MIGHT get a playable game."

They sold it as a ground-breaking new successor over our beloved game.

Don't laugh, if they would have sold me that for 42€ as OFP 1.98 and would have just added JIP to the existing OFP I would be happy! But they sold me something different

What would I suggest?

If I would be BIS I would dump all features which are not under control and just make a solid OFP 1.98 out of it - throw away the rest and restart the development.

Meanwhile we can do only one thing to support BIS:

Make clean, telling bug reports of problems you discover and hope you find them in the "fixed" of the next patch.

My personal opinion is when I see the status of the current engine that BIS would need until late summer to archive a similar stability as 1.96 had, even if they work as hard as they did it the recent time. But it is almost impossible since you can not keep such a huge pressure up over several months, after that they would have no health, no friends, no private life anymore.

For my part, even if I am totally angry, I will support it until end of this year at least.

I had the sound issue as well, and it was on 'beaten dog'. I reverted and had no sound problems after that. Is there any more info you can give on the situation you loose it? Can you pop into the editor and make it happen? Number/type of troops?

As for the rest of the poop slinging, when you break it down, there's 3 types of people on these forums:

Those who have problems and post in a constructive manner.

Those who help others solve their problems (typically being the constructive posters that actually WANT ArmA to succeed).

And then there's the doom sayers that give up at the first sign of issues or difficulty, and say 'game over man, this is crap', when BIS has not stopped tweaking and fixing.. They must have some fixation, and cannot accept that it's getting much better, and will be alright. But parents and schools don't teach patience or observation anymore, do they?

The people being called 'fanboi', a wonderfully thick term in itself, are the positive thinkers that know BISs' record, and want ArmA to be the best.

And Luciano, you must still want ArmA to succeed, even though you're so damn negative. Why else would you STILL be here? There aren't many that enjoy spreading spite so much, just for spites sake.

goodnight.gif

one of these again?

slingblade, please feed my curiosity but the Kool Aid (wtf is Kool Aid?) remarks are rather baffeling... so those of us who enjoy Arma and dont feel the need to bash BIS must be Kool Aid drinkers?

interesting...

INNOCENT&CLUELESS very good point but with them moving to this new engine for armed assault i think they cant use the old one because of Codemaster owning the rights to it. Maybe im wrong but it doesnt make sence that they didnt do that it the first place. Less work + Stable Platform = $$$$.

I remember problems introduced with OPF patches too wink_o.gif .

You guys need to relax a little and try and be more constructive, by posting trash you wont be helping anyone... if you really want to make a diference you can but not this way.

The patches improved and fixed many things so far (some of them not even noticeable to many of us), since the game came out very early there is still plenty of work ahead.

Any problems introduced now are likelly to be corrected in the near future, Arma has only begun, there will be patches and tools and comunity made content coming along.

If you cant behave properly and act civil go tell mum and ask her to discribe your problems here. Its very sad to see this forum standards sinking like this smile_o.gif .

Messiah what i was stating about was that the Kool-Aid drinkers flaming anyone that isnt a yes man to there point of view. I on the other hand respect Everyone point of view in reguards to Armed Assault. You think that im anti-bis but ive enjoyed there product OFP for years and Still play everynight.

But I wont call and apple and orange just because i think that it will be. I was told on the box that there and orange in there but dammit there was only and apple. lol

Heatseeker good point, I thought i seen it in a post of yours that patch 1.05 was going to Fix the problems. Were you wrong then or are you wrong now? Please tell me and the other forum members can know which patch will fix the issues people are having.

Quote[/b] ]I remember problems introduced with OPF patches too

Really you do, i dont remeber this many issues. But OFP 1.0 was one thing that armed assault isnt. Playable by everyone.

Lol, i would buy this game even if it cost 100 Euro!

What you noobs dont understand is that this really is a investment in years of fun ahead.

I bought Ofp in 2001 and have been playing it constantly

since then due to the fantastic ofp community that keept releasing mods and addons for Ofp.

So bying ArmA will give you fun and many different Mods to keep you occupied for years ahead.

If the game dont work on your computer, uppgrade or buy a new computer, its really worth it!

And what other game is so supported by the developers and have a so exelent community!

Ofp/ArmA is the only game worth playing if you like realistic military simulation and not arcade child games like CS and BF!

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif to BIS!!!

Messiah what i was stating about was that the Kool-Aid drinkers flaming anyone that isnt a yes man to there point of view.

Though, if you've been following inlove.gif Luciano inlove.gif and his amazing posting career you'd know that he is a giant troll rather than a opinionated person that actually has something worthwhile to say.

Quote[/b] ]Ofp/ArmA is the only game worth playing if you like realistic military simulation and not arcade child games like CS and BF

wink_o.gif i must be a CS or BF player to have a different point of view that yours. Did you copy and paste that from all the other flaming post because i havent played either one.

Youll pay 100 euro for yours and ill pay $10.00 and will both be happy then with armed assault.  biggrin_o.gif

Gux what you saying is trolling is from his posting here in the forums but he sounds like someone that wants armed assault to be the true followup to OFP. Whats wrong with that? biggrin_o.gif

If trolling means not being a hardcore fanboy, you could call me that. Most of my posts are negative BUT they contain no flames, no disrepsect, and only valid facts/opinions.

But around here, if your not a hardcore fan, your no good.

If I post in a thread where some fanboy tells a member that the problem with his poor performance is Windows Vista, if I tell him he's wrong (which he is no doubt), I'm being called a troll.

Its not the fact that you tell it (because you are right sometimes), its the way you do it, even though its not flaming it is disrespectful, and generally your posts have too much opinions and too little facts. confused_o.gif

goodnight.gif

one of these again?

slingblade, please feed my curiosity but the Kool Aid (wtf is Kool Aid?) remarks are rather baffeling... so those of us who enjoy Arma and dont feel the need to bash BIS must be Kool Aid drinkers?

interesting...

Kool-aid is an American soft drink. "Kool-aid drinkers" is

a reference to the followers of Rev. Jim Jones' whacko

"People's Temple" cult who committed mass-suicide in 1973

by drinking poisoned Kool-aid. Calling someone a "Kool-aid

drinker" here is implying that they are a brainwashed follower

of some kind of "BIS/Arma cult".

good point.. Had to laugh at all the Upgrade your video card and get dual core post of people giving advice only to find out that it didnt fix there problems with armed assault.

Thanks Faulkner for posting that short definition as to what a Kool-Aid drinker is.