Sign in to follow this  
HePCaT

Marpat soldiers WIP

Nice work. Give them Coyote Brown or woodland camo Interceptor vests instead of the current OD and you'll be all set.

Damn, how did you manage to keep the wrinkles in there?

And what in the heck is the name of the friggin files you edited? I've edited two that seem like they should be and come up empty.

Damn, how did you manage to keep the wrinkles in there?

And what in the heck is the name of the friggin files you edited? I've edited two that seem like they should be and come up empty.

Wrinkles are in normal map smile_o.gif He apparently edited colormap of those soldiers then tounge2.gif

Yeap,aren't normal maps wonderful? smile_o.gif

Specuilar seems to be the trickiest one really.

By the way,great MARPAT,ncrease of realism already. But now the NS are gonna need some better camo since this one would blend in much better with most of Sahrani

Nope I just edited the texture? i didn' t touch anything else yet. It' just use some 3d tricks I learned when i made skin for LockOn and IL2.

Now I'm tryin to change the OD green for coyote brown! Damn that's long!

Thx for the comments.

biggrin_o.gif

It looks pretty good! smile_o.gif Posted news on ArmedAssault.Info.

One funny thing is, I was working on some USMC addon too, my friend was and now you are. tounge2.gif

In fact there are more files to edit, 15 files to be exact biggrin_o.gif

-medic_bag.paa

-miner_equip_co.paa

-molle_equipacu_co.paa

-us_at_co.paa

-us_camelbak_co.paa

-us_molle_webbings_co.paa

-us_officer_equip_co.paa

-us_sabass_equip_co.paa

-us_sabot_co.paa

-us_sniper_hat_hands_co.paa

-us_sniper_webbings_co.paa

-us_soldier_equipacu_co.paa

-us_soldieracu_co.paa

-us_soldieracu_ohrnute_co.paa

-us_teamlead_equip_co.paa

And there are some I still didn't find crazy_o.gif

some progress pics, they are in gif so the quality isn't there sorry

mar2rv9.gif

mar3az3.gif

mar4ew5.gif

I'm not really please with the coyote brown, and the BDUs needs some dirt....

what do you thing if I put the SF forces in multicam?

Thanx to put the info on armedassault.info, I didn't think to release them but if people like...haha

Hep, as others have said, fading the camo would be helpful. MARPAT fades when exposed to the sun for significant periods of time, and since infantry are out in the field constantly, they end up faded.

The second thing is that Marines don't wear the US flag on their shoulders, so remove that. Also, the shoulder pockets do not have green velcro on the outside. Look at pictures from USMC.mil's photo gallery for what the actual pockets look like. Finally, the division or brigade (or whatever) insignia on the left shoulder should be removed as well.

Oh, and the boots should probably be a hint darker. They're a bit light at the moment.

If you want any reference photos of my uniforms, let me know, I can provide some as time allows. (former Marine myself, if you weren't aware)

nice uniforms! i presume u changed the difuse textures only right? can u tell us what ofp editing tools you're using for doing this ? ty in advance!

What tool are you using to pack the Characters.pbo?

Damnit, no matter what tool I use to make the pbo I always manage to crash Armed Assault.