Sign in to follow this  
HePCaT

Marpat soldiers WIP

Hi, yes Eversman; i know that there's no ArmA editing tools by BIS out there yet and i guess that gonna take some time to get 'em because the palace things go slowly and some market rule. I also need the game but until the 1St Quarter of the 2007 it don't gonna reach my great country (spain, that's not so big but is really great). But... if they've opened the ArmA unit models and have edited the textures and ported 'em back into the game... don't this mean that we could edit the ArmA models and textures?. Let's C ya

We dont need any tools from BI to make them standalone, a simple hex edit will do, the same way we used to do for OFP.

The thing we cant do without the tools is to edit models (at least with the normal and specular maps and other ArmA specialities)

The marpat soldiers are finished, that's not gonna be the final version but until i can't edit more.... smile_o.gif

I don't know how to make them as a stand alone so if someone can explain me, or if there is a link for a tuto somewhere?

Its like OFP before O2,texture tools were out so the farthest you could go in creating units was retextures really,same thing here until the next O2 is out.

looks sweet. im currently residing in the staes and am gonna be home back in oz mid janurary. should i pick up a marpat or acu jacket. im already getting my bro a BDU

The marpat soldiers are finished, that's not gonna be the final version but until i can't edit more.... smile_o.gif

I don't know how to make them as a stand alone so if someone can explain me, or if there is a link for a tuto somewhere?

Check your PM's smile_o.gif

Thx to DeadMeatXM2!!!

He help me to edit my "Marpats" to make them standalone!

ok i have to go back to my hexadeci....editor, ggrrr I hate this biggrin_o.gif

Anyway just after release the marpat I think I gonna go to something like.........multicam wink_o.gif

multicamod5.th.jpg

Yea it needs to be a little darker I think, with maybe a bit more contrast between the colors.

Still, it looks good, keep it up!

yey, nice to hear first MARPAT Soldiers are done, can't wait to test 'em and see how MARPAT works in ArmA smile_o.gif

thumbs-up.gif

hope they are ready to download at around 5pm, or atleast when I'm back home from work biggrin_o.gif

thumbs-up.gif

Hi, now is definitive... the texture base (of the the Marpat) and the Multycam, is wrong oriented in the jacket sleeves and the visible downside of the jacket booth in the Multycam and in the Marpat(W) at least in those latest screenshots of the WIP units. HePcAp can you correct that? and put the sleeves pouches in the direction that they're facing in the original Marines BDU's?, seems also that the yankees use a velcro square of 1/3" to hold the IFF markings on the pouches, but im not sure on this... and is true as Nephilim told me 1 day, that most of the Marines don't wear any kind of company sign or flag; but some do it, so... .

My main concern is that wrong direction of the jacket texture, i was planning to do also some Marines just in Marpat(W) because it'll match much better the Sahrani terrain that i've seen in the screenshots of the game as soon as the ArmA reach my hands.

But if was a f*** to have 3.000.000 of M4's out there... it'll also be a shame and an insult to the Marines to have other damn 3.000.000 of USMC units; correct that if it needs or could be corrected please, i could send you some photos of my Marpat(W) BDU if that helps. Let's C ya

IMO, it is way too light and desert-like to be multicam. Multicam has a much more brownish look to it than the sandy-white color shown in your picture. Keep up the good work tho smile_o.gif

For the sleeves I can't do anything before I get the tools to edit normal map, sorry.

For the wrong camo patern direction is almost the same the model stretch the texture, but I will have a closer look at it!

Don't forget that it will not be the final version.

Anyway thanks all for the advise, comment and critics biggrin_o.gif

Know I'm gonna upload them.......

First page edited

The Marpat are released on armed assault.info and on semper-fi.org.

There is a problem with the link on armed assault.info the rar file seems corrupted sad_o.gif

But it works just fine on semperfi.org

Grats on your first addon it looks great, testing it now.