Sign in to follow this  
anders^on

German Patch 1.01 released

Edit:

solved, just completed a reinstall and patched again.

Now it is working alright, thanks...

I have the german version and cannot apply the patch

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Verifying ArmA: Armed Assault, version 1.00...

Error found in file AddOns\ui.pbo (fb38c76d!=8a1136ff)

Error found in file Campaigns\ca.pbo (3c3a4bf3!=48baae45)

One or more files in game instalation are modified or dammaged.

Reinstall game from original CD disc and try again.

I already reinstalled the game several times but it wont help sad_o.gif

Check your DVD for these files.

You have to copy the files from your dvd and overwrite.

Use winrar since the files are packed.

Good luck smile_o.gif

Edit: the english patch will not work again sad_o.gif

The file should be 1.854.399 bytes.

So I guess the patch was not properly applied (which is strange since you say there was no error output)

The file should be 1.854.399 bytes.

So I guess the patch was not properly applied (which is strange since you say there was no error output)

hmm this is weird then... but it is in captial letter etc. since the patch. However, it's working now and I have to go now and enjoy my virtual "ergüsse" tounge2.gif

hmm, no error on patching (the ger version), but at the next start my ArmA crash at the main menu.

guess that means happy new install :/

hmm, new install, no luck. still crash on the main menu.

thats good news! There is progress and I think I will buy ArmA soon. I am glad BIS is killing these pesky bugs smile_o.gif

I''m very impressed by this forum and by the BIS' involvement toward the community.

It's great and it deserve congratulations to BIS especially for this quick patch. notworthy.gif

I'm looking forward to getting my Arma normal edition box bought to amazon.de which has been sent yesterday morning for France.

Hopefully, it will be a Xmas present in advance for me xmas_o.gif (even if I don't understand anything in german...)

German patch is 14MB, Czech weighs 35MB.

Could we get an explanation for this difference in filesize?

Since i have both versions of the game i´m now in a state of perplexity.

Tried to install the cz one first, but the 6thSense language patch made it not work so i copied the relevant files from my ArmA cd back to the install directory, patched it and then again patched some files to have english text.

When starting ArmA the SF Driver window popped up once again wanting to reboot the comp, now i wonder if the patch has something to do with that? Maybe SF was removed by the patch and using the old patched bin.pbo made it required again? huh.gif

Also the game would´nt start after rebooting, only gave me some error message..

Now installing the german version, patching it and rewriting the stringtables to have english menu´s etc. at least sad_o.gif

edit: Preview pics in german campaing don´t work .. what kind of bug is that? confused_o.gif

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>A BIG</span> <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:RED'>"THANK YOU!"</span></span>

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>That's why I love BIS...</span>

They may screw up at times, but they always listen, and they always respond quickly to issues (unlike pretty much every other developer out there).

And while the first steps with ArmA seemed a bit shaky, I'm now definitely looking forward of having lots of fun with it the next few years!

this is a good sign! i bet by the time it's released in the us/uk they'll be a few patches out..

and maybe it'll be like the old days when they released patches with chinook,vulcan,apache,kiowa,hummer e.t.c

upgrade130.jpg

Yeah i take back what i said, BIS are definitely on the ball. Well done to you guys

Morphicon postet on theire forum, we have located the problem and working on a solution.

If they have posted, we have located the problem and BIS is working on the hotfix, than i would have known that we`ll get the patch very fast.

That`s the best support we can get.

Thank you BIS. notworthy.gif

German patch is 14MB, Czech weighs 35MB.

Could we get an explanation for this difference in filesize?

Since i have both versions of the game i´m now in a state of perplexity.

Tried to install the cz one first, but the 6thSense language patch made it not work so i copied the relevant files from my ArmA cd back to the install directory, patched it and then again patched some files to have english text.

When starting ArmA the SF Driver window popped up once again wanting to reboot the comp, now i wonder if the patch has something to do with that? Maybe SF was removed by the patch and using the old patched bin.pbo made it required again?  huh.gif

Also the game would´nt start after rebooting, only gave me some error message..

Now installing the german version, patching it and rewriting the stringtables to have english menu´s etc. at least  sad_o.gif

edit: Preview pics in german campaing don´t work .. what kind of bug is that?  confused_o.gif

From what I saw some of the Starforce files were updated in the patch which is probably why the patch for the Czech version is so much bigger.

Has your german version been converted to english? there's a known problem with the english patch in Sickboy's thread, I posted a work around and have the Czech version 1.01 patched to english smile_o.gif

BTW, thanks BIS for the quick update. The optional convoy mission in the campaign now works properly and I noticed the civilian AI walking around the town are not constantly going prone when I was around them like before smile_o.gif

I too Would just like to thank bis for the very fast release of the patch's, not got my copy yet but its nice to know as soon as it turns up.. issues will be resloved.. Just shows what a dedicated team BIS are to the comunity.. Unlike many a games developer where by you have to wait months for a patch.. TBH I for one didn't expect a patch to come so quickly. awsome customer service.

TBH I for one didn't expect a patch to come so quickly. awsome customer service.

They got it out this fast because of the performance problem with the german version, i think they were going to wait a bit longer to release even more improvements and fixes (bigger patch) smile_o.gif .

TBH I for one didn't expect a patch to come so quickly. awsome customer service.

They got it out this fast because of the performance problem with the german version, i think they were going to wait a bit longer to release even more improvements and fixes (bigger patch) smile_o.gif .

yup i agree. wink_o.gif

How can I show my fps? I want know what the difference is before applying the patch and afterwards. Thanks.