Sign in to follow this  
CameronMcDonald

Personal ArmedA Review

Hey all. The disjointed and often retarded reviews floating around this place annoy me, so I wrote my own, and stuck in a few pics to elucidate the points I make. Hopefully all English speakers and those who don't have Armed Assault can enjoy this until they get the release.

Plus it provides a fairly in-depth discussion of my personal specs, issues, controls and whatnot.

Enjoy. xmas_o.gif

Armed Assault Review

Oh, I didn't think to put this in the "Reviews" thread itself because it blows chunks, people just spend their time whining in there.

Looks like I'll be back to work on my grenade pack for ArmA. rofl.gif Oh come on the old school bouncing wasn't that bad. nener.gif

Fantastic review btw, it was definately the best I've seen so far. Good job and thanks for the info. thumbs-up.gif

you done a top notch job on the review, many thanks!

My current system barely meets minimum requirements, but I plan on getting a complete new rig for this game. I am US located, and I will most likely purchase the English 505 release, as will most of my USI brothers.

Thanks again for the review. Get some sleep wink_o.gif

Cudo's (what ever the hell a cudo is) to you bro. Very well written, and you did an awsome job "sexplaining" all in detail. BTW custom face and patches look great, cant wait to do some of them myself.

Thanks for putting so much into this review..too bad company's ment to do so dont.

good review.

makes me want ArmA even more.

smile_o.gif

really like how the simulation side of things (in most cases) is being pushed forward. especially on moving by infantry and the like.

I applaud this review. Far more informative than others and there is no bashing or (alternatively) excessive excuses. It may not be the prettiest but was more useful to me than anything I have read thus far.

You should teach journalism in the US here... I can think of a few TV reporters who could learn from you. hehe

Good job on the review, better than those stupid whiners. But why on Earth did you use the 6600 when you had a 6800? crazy_o.gif

really good review cameron smile_o.gif

one thing, could you send me your ACU Body Armor texture on MSN?

that would be cool dude wink_o.gif

I agree with you on all points in your review smile_o.gif

for myself I can't wait for all the modding tools too, somehow especially the tool for changing islands / creating islands.

I haven't been much around on sahrani cause I have lag like hell there, hopefully BIS will improve the engine in further patches.

Also I hope that morphicon-securom-sucks-patch will come asap and will gimme some extra fps.

I really like the soldier handling, it's damn awesome and I think you now even feel more "ingame" than in OFP, cause you can do much more things. Also the Inventory menu is quite cool, damn nice to rearm yourself easy on weapon crates and stuff!

The Strykers are kickass, and also I think the blackhawk handles best! The MH6 is shit too handle, the AH1 too, the are too sensitive in my opinion (yes I'm using my joystick).

Ramahdi Island is kinda cool, reminds me of that video on youtube "Lazy Ramadi" biggrin_o.gif

Although I would wish that it's abit bigger and maybe 2 towns or so...I can play and test very well there, but as said before, I hope patches for engine and for securom will come asap.

this game has even more potential then OFP and the atmosphere is so cool! (I'm speaking about the editior ^^ and Ramahdi Island). Just put 2 enemy troops in the town there, then a us cqb team, a sniper team and humvee support.

It's so awesome when you are in cover behind a wall, hearing the humvee rolling to your position to support you and you lean around a door and try to shoot enemys. Then they shoot back, you getting back into your cover position ordering the AI to cover your back and all that, controlling everything via keyboard and not the action menu is quite useful, although you have to learn the keys and stuff.

I'm so excited, even I had some problems at first which are fixed (though my fps is bad :/ ). But I think I have to get a new processor at first, my 2400+ amd is abit slow, think I have to look for an 3000+ which fits on my motherboard hopefully confused_o.gif

anyway,

awesome game!

sure there are bugs but I think BIS will fix em smile_o.gif

damn, have to work unitl 4pm, wanna go home and play arma..NOW! biggrin_o.gif

but I have the ArmA Soundtrack running here, really nice I have to say thumbs-up.gif

greetings Evers

Great review, very well done!

Thanks for sharing your arma experiences biggrin_o.gif

Nice review Bro!

Sounds like the core aspects of the game have everything I'm looking for, bugs be damned! The CQB sound great and really any improvement in that area makes this a must buy for me biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us Cameron. Its refreshing to read a constructive review.

Thank you

A fantastic review cameron ,it makes me weep that Bis could not let this happen months ago with the press demo , it is always nice to hear a person who has obviously had real gameplay experience in ofp and knowldege to comment on both software and hardware.

i do have Arma myself but i bought a Mini cooper s the day before it arrived and i am having so much fun at the moment i havent installed it, so your review has told me i should wait a bit longer and save for a graphics card and besides there are still some thing i want to do in ofp before i finally delete it. sad_o.gif

thanks once again nice words.

Cameron,

Thanks much for taking the time to do a thorough informative review. Much appreciated.

JB

Nice review, but its too much of a joke to be taken serious. You contradict yourself way too much.

You think the helicopter control system is "damned good" and few lines later you write "The MI-17 physics are all wrong".

Sorry but what you say doesn't match with the videos of the flying system.

Hopefully everything else is as you say they are.

Nice review, but its too much of a joke to be taken serious.  You contradict yourself way too much.

You think the helicopter control system is "damned good" and few lines later you write "The MI-17 physics are all wrong".  

Sorry but what you say doesn't match with the videos of the flying system.  

Hopefully everything else is as you say they are.

Ahem, you should note that helicopter CONTROLS and helicopter PHYSICS are not the same thing.