Sign in to follow this  
DVD

Anit tank weapons

That is a BIG mother! Yup. I could carry 4 of those things and 1000Rnds ammo... On a trolley. Will be nice to see ingame, praying for German release patch.

Because nobody does in real life. AT4s are really, really bulky. M72s are a little less so, but I can't imagine carrying more than one for any length of time, unless I wasn't walking everywhere.

Ahh Hell! i'll have to answer this with an example!

I've carried Apilas (9 kg weight + bulky and big) + 1-2 66KES88 (slightly bigger than M72) + same amout of ammos and stuff that regular jaeger would carry. No transportation during battle so almost every march was done by walking, and we AT-guys did same job that regular jaegers did (so we needed to perform rushing and crawling with jaegers). Longest exercises lasted one week and i wasn't even nearly best shaped man in our unit, but no problem with keeping up. Movement is little bit clumsier than without those At-launchers, but not much as body can adjust with that weight and bulkiness.

And in case anyone forgot, this is the little lovely at launcher known as APILAS:

sivu047.jpg

tounge2.gif

Second that sounds highly suspicious of bullshit...

Ive carried around the carl gustav + 1 round and rifle with a few mags, and its extremely bulky and heavy to carry.

Lets see some pictures of you carrying around a rifle, 3 rocket launchers and normal grunt kit (entrenching tool, ruck, sleeping valice, grenades, 8 mags, rations, radio, underslung grenade rounds, smoke, etc)

Hmm dont have any?? weird....

Totally agree.

There should be some stamina system instead where if you have much and heavy equipment you will tire faster and recoup slower.

Brigade E5 has a system like that and really nice inventory management. It would be perfect for ArmA.

Hidden & Dangerous 2 had a near-perfect inventory system. I hoped that ArmA had adopted it but unfortunately it doesn't look that way. sad_o.gif

Second that sounds highly suspicious of bullshit...

Ive carried around the carl gustav + 1 round and rifle with a few mags, and its extremely bulky and heavy to carry.

Lets see some pictures of you carrying around a rifle, 3 rocket launchers and normal grunt kit (entrenching tool, ruck, sleeping valice, grenades, 8 mags, rations, radio, underslung grenade rounds, smoke, etc)

Hmm dont have any?? weird....

We'll that what i told is a regular load for AT-guys in Finish army. 2-4 66KES88 (mostly 2) for lightAT-men. And so called AT-patrol in jaegerplatoon which carried 1 Apilas and 1-2 66KES88 (but mostly 1). Sorry no pictures of me carrying that load, as we didn't have fancy digicams in my service time. The weight could go even higher with 2 "track-mines" 10 kg each btw. xmas_o.gif

Grunt kit isn't same... We had little lighter combatkit... Backbacks (rucksacks) were generaly moved by trucks or something else. Weight of combatkit with AT-lauchers (Apilas and 1 KES) might be something about 25 kilos.

Look at EiZei's photo. It should give you a good hint: Guy in it is missing rifle and 66KES88, but combatkit is complete otherwise.

Javelin is of course there ...

javelinlk3.th.jpg

just bit buggy

I noticed a "quirk" of the OFP inventory system, if you have a player with just a M16 + mags, go into inventory and remove all the magazines from your rucksack you won't have any bullets in your gun. This is, of course, very weird.

If there was a way to store ammo INSIDE the weapon (like most man portable AT launchers are) and not have it take up inventory space, we'd be 1/2 way to getting realistic AT4s.

Maybe, like OFP had general-inventory and pistol-inventory, ArmA could have a 3rd space for the AT round to be "inside the launcher".

After that you just need a way of tossing the old launcher and have it not be useable (or have a 30 minute reload time.)

Awww my beloved javelin launcher!

I'm glad to see it's in game so I can make non-addon missions that include it.

I'm glad to see it's in game...
having just done a quick test, its not remotely finished. It has no optics, no missile proxy (the tube is empty all the time), isnt placed right and has no animations.

It may be ingame, but it doesnt really work wink_o.gif

(its a pig to aim - due to no optics and poor positioning of the model)

Quote[/b] ]You can spit them out like they were going out of style, pick them up and use them one after another.

Huh? The only launchers that can be packed are rpg-22 and m72 and you can only fit two of those into a rucksack. So a maximum of two launchers can be carried by one person. Same goes for the reloadable launchers, you can have the laucher and either one or two rounds for it.

Why pack launchers, when you can take carl gustav with you, and 1 or 2 carl gustav ammo bearers with each 2-4 rockets with them... more than enough..

Besides, I wanna see you guys running around in reallife with 7 magazines, carlgustav/at4/law launcher, 4 rockets, binos, nvgoggles, and then walk for a few hours smile_o.gif WGL rocks the clock, most comprehensive and well though balance between Realism and Gameplay!

Quote[/b] ]Why pack launchers, when you can take carl gustav with you, and 1 or 2 carl gustav ammo bearers with each 2-4 rockets with them... more than enough..

Why have three guys doing what one could do alone? I'm not talking about doing a 20km march with that load out, just the 300m-1km walk from the transport to your tactical tank-pwnzoring position.

Quote[/b] ]Why pack launchers, when you can take carl gustav with you, and 1 or 2 carl gustav ammo bearers with each 2-4 rockets with them... more than enough..

Why have three guys doing what one could do alone? I'm not talking about doing a 20km march with that load out, just the 300m-1km walk from the transport to your tactical tank-pwnzoring position.

If you really want it you can script it wink_o.gif

May seem stupid with 4 people riding in a jeep all with a javelin launcher and 2 AT4 launchers on theire backs.

I'm not sure but someone might consider it an unfair advantage if I were to script my self six Carl Gustavs in an A&D game.

Well, OFP and ArmA are team work games, and the idea of having ammo bearers look more interesting. It would be like having a 3 man team for an MG, the one firing, the one feeding and the one watching their backs and holding the rest of the amunition.

One good example are MBT, in the end of the day MBTs are not runing by just one player doing the comanding, the driving and the weapons, neither should be things like cooperative weapons, or multimaned weapons (same thing)

I think about ocasions where I seen AT units in RL being suported by an ammo bearer, no way one guy would be able to do all that on his own.

Playability would be fine with lots of rockets in your back, but realisticly it wouldn't be fine, and I'm up for team work.

I'm not sure but someone might consider it an unfair advantage if I were to script my self six Carl Gustavs in an A&D game.

And who suggested you should do that?

Speaking from a "realism" point of view; the AI RPG-7 gunners

in Armed Assault reload far too quickly - only about 2 seconds

or so! I laughed when I saw one attack an enemy vehicle;

Foom...Foom...Foom rapid fire!

What's the real life reload time on an AT4?

AT4s aren't reloadable. They are basically a one-shot

disposable Carl Gustav.

edit: but just assume for the sake of example that it actually

was a Carl Gustav then they should be bopping them

out every ten seconds or so (with a no.2 loading, of course)

Talking about AT4s; the "AT4" gunners in the game can, of

course, fire 3 rounds in about 5 seconds too!

Foom..Foom..Foom! icon_rolleyes.gif