Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

Do you have the SLX addons (ver 1.1) in the I44 addons folder? in particular the SLX_GL3.PBO.

ah thanks silly mistake XD

still get an error about vehicle crater when sombody gets shot for the first time but apart from that everything is sweet smile_o.gif

follow the first link on the first post, let it bomb, then do a search for SLX, it will give you the link there.

Okay, but none of those files is 1.1

Excellent, thanks for that smile_o.gif

It seems that filefront's search tool it a useless POS...

I hope it will be soon out to Arma1, aswell with its own thread for Arma.

Anyway @Author of this mod, have you looked already at Madmatts Arma-Effects mod? Maybe you can use some of his superb effects (as long as you dont make some better ones)?

Is there any wide-ranged release date to tell us? For example "within the next to months" or so?

Best Regards, and i hope to see all (and more) features from OFP in Arma aswell,

Christian

ah thanks silly mistake XD

still get an error about vehicle crater when sombody gets shot for the first time but apart from that everything is sweet smile_o.gif

usualy means the crator object failed to install in the dta folder. I had that problem with the vista machines. Refused to let the aplication load all the needed files SLX needs int he DTA folder, thus the geam goes to look for it to drop and can't find it and pop error message. Might have to unzip/rar everything and manually place the stuff into the folders. Then SLX will be happy.

Well if just wanting new infantry units, I suggest the DMA reconfigs. Other wish your looking at a _lot_ of work replacing vehicles and infantry units. Then mosot fthe effects will not work due to special altered addons were used in this mod to enhance game play.

Is there a chance to have the non-zoomable (sic) option that's in WGL5.1 in SLX? In my perspective SLX's adds more realism, so having the view zoomed out is preferable; for me that is. wink_o.gif

hate to say but usualy ver 1.1 final usualy implies that thats the last update, seeing every other mod has latched on to create their version of SLX. Maybe you should contact FFUR or WGL. WGL is gone as well. SLX is made to be compatable with most o f the other popular mods so no need to add it into it. Just run the mods together.

hate to say but usualy ver 1.1 final usualy implies that thats the last update, seeing every other mod has latched on to create their version of SLX. Maybe you should contact FFUR or WGL. WGL is gone as well. SLX is made to be compatable with most o f the other popular mods so no need to add it into it. Just run the mods together.

Hmmmmnope, WGL5.1's non-zoomable option isn't available when you mix it with SLX; Solus' mod still wins over WGL. In other words, I've just tried it now -less than 2 mins ago- and I still zoom in, despite running them together.

Isn't there an option that can just tick to have the zoomed-out point of view available? Like there's the radio chatter that can be disabled, can there be something similar for my request? smile_o.gif

Solus, I've to say that playing single missions with your mod can be or totally frustrating, or totally impossible. nener.gif

The AI you've implemented is absolutely incredible: the enemies are so aggressive. TOO aggressive!!! crazy_o.gif

Like in "Bomberman", they spot me right away, not fair!!!!

Apart from this, I love your mod. Especially with my new PC, it's... a new game. inlove.gif

Right, they ARE cunning, aggressive and employ the tactics that seem not to have been seen or utilized in OFP which is a definite pro although it is often frustrating because you can hardly manage to beat them or outsmart them, outnumbered and outgunned. I have already moaned and groaned about that, but finally came to the conclusion that it is the way it was supposed to be - you like it or not and then you can stick to the default settings which are far more player friendly. Nonetheless, every born tactician seeking for a greater challenge has to face it. I did it again ( oooooops! ... pistols.gif ) and what I have found out this time is that too many missions, both default and custom, go wrong at a certain point in terms of technical stuff - for instance, they don't progress or just don't end properly. To me, for instance, the laser designating mission from the basic "Resistance" mission set didn't end at all, despite my having fulfilled all of the requirements and returning to an evac point ( maybe to a heavy enemy presence nearby ... dunno ... rofl.gif ) and "Shadow Killer" turned out to be rendered a failed mission with no regard to the real mission status which was 100% positive. The same I observed in case of some custom missions, just to mention "Forward Observer Lament"; there must have been some kind of a major clash between scripts or something else and the gameplay became a real mess.I played it again later on, using a different mod, not so sophisticated and everyting went smoothly. However, using SLX one is one hell of a fun.

Hi, I tried to post here earlier, no joy

Thank you Solus, for a great mod!

I have a little question:

Is there a way to control breating? After i run, it's hard to aim, especially if i play as a sniper. You have to wait quite for a long time, before you stop gasping for air and ironsight or scope becomes stable enough to shoot

Is there a breath controling button?

Like in America's Army, where you could hold your breath for a few seconds for a good aim? (Like in real life too)

Other then that, i love your mod. It's great

About the zoomed out sights: I think you can zoom out on the regular iron sights to fit the default FOV. If you don't want zoomed in iron sights then just don't zoom in...

About AI difficulty: Yes they are agressive and hard to fight, and sometimes it's almost impossible to win. Some missions just can't be completed due to difficulty. Sometimes scripts/AI mess up, but it should be rare. At least all of the default campaigns should be completable. You can use the settings file to turn off the GL3 scripts and then restart the mission to see if you can get through.

DeVoo: There isn't really a way to control the breathing but I think you can hold the freelook key to lock the sights to stop them from moving. You can't move the aim point while using it though, so you have to release freelook and try aiming again if it's not lined up how you want it.

Hi, when I try to download the nwewst slx patch (1.1 FINAL) it does not find the file.

I mean when I press the link to the slx 1.1 final, I come to the filefront mainpage....

And when I try to search for the SLX patch in filefront, it only comes up with old patches....no 1.1 final or no 1.1 at all....

So I ask anyone: Where can I get the final patch to SLX? And plaese fix the link so others wont get this problem as well.

Thank you. smile_o.gif

Any possibility to have ak74s without "flashing bullets" and the mod working with DynamicRange soundmod? However that's a great mod! Thank you very much! smile_o.gif

Flashing bullets is correct having had a numbe rof the fired at me in RL. Dynamic sound should work with the mod, its intergrated in the latest ECP mod. And works fine never could find it alone anymore to install it just with SLX.

hmm.. whenever I try to download SLX and its completed.. I get an error "unexpected end of archive".. when I look in the folder.. I just see 1(!!! ) file.. something about "gunleaning.pbo"? and there's nothing more.. I downloaded it from filefront.

does someone have an another mirror for me?

hmm.. whenever I try to download SLX and its completed.. I get an error "unexpected end of archive".. when I look in the folder.. I just see 1(!!! ) file.. something about "gunleaning.pbo"? and there's nothing more.. I downloaded it from filefront.

does someone have an another mirror for me?

Here you go! OFP.info link

Hi The number one mod for AI & Gameplay. Would scripting in AI to throw smoke grenades when retreating or under heavy fire when attacking would be easy.