Solus

SLX Replacement Pack, Mod, and Addons

is it just me or is there no blood anymore, people get shot and a gray bit comes out of em lol

There is much more blood than in vanilla arma.

Even blood drops on walls and other objects.

edit:

Sorry got the wrong forum... I was talking about the unreleased ArmA version.

There is much more blood than in vanilla arma.

Even blood drops on walls and other objects.

blood all over stuff? what am i doing wrong i only get the bis blood left after bodies and when shot a grey puff comes out of em

The OFP SLX hit effect is an attempt to simulate a small entrance wound and a grey/pink vapor/spray puff/mist or something from the bullet hit based on videos. It replaces the default OFP midair blood geyser. You can revert to the old effect by using BINview or something to unbinarize/unrap the default OFP bin\config.bin to a config.cpp. Then open the .cpp with a text editor like notepad and find "class CraterBlood" or something similar and copy that section. Then search the @SLX\bin\config.cpp for the same class and replace it with the default one and save. Then run OFP SLX and if everything went well it should have the default effect.

What Freshman was talking about is in ArmA SLX. The hit effects are a little more correct with a similar "grey/pink mist", a more visible but temporary entrance wound, some entrance wound blood spilling on the ground all built in to the config as the new default hit effect for entry wounds. A scripted exit wound effect is also added with an exit vapor trail and a little blood spray that splatters blood on the walls/floors/ceilings of buildings.

If you're still looking for people to test Solus, would you mind PMing me the links to the bug-tracker and download?

I'm afraid I cannot setup a server, but I can and will be able to spam the editor with any and all sorts of combinations that need testing.

If you have any particulars just let me know.

What im trying to say is i dont get blood in slx. I dont want the bis blood back again. I just get a grey blob when i man gets shot no blood. whether its normal soldiers or an addon

I can't seem to get the Tonal mod config working. I tried run SLX via the batch file, but it gives me something like the DShK weapon not found.

Im just wondering do I have to install 1.11 BETA 1 then BETA 3 or can I just install 1.11 BETA 3 right away ?

I cant seem to test the COC-EASTERN artillery because it gives me an error saying noentry-modelspecial for any of the eastern arty.

Would be very nice if Solus can make at last an final version - maybe 1.2? So this great SLX stuff is in the end not left out in "beta version". thumbs-up.gif

punishment: The grey blob is supposed to be there, there is no blood.

Red_Evasion: I couldn't reproduce this, Tonal works fine for me, try a reinstall of SLX, Tonal Redux, and the Tonal+SLX mod folder. Maybe it could be an addon error unrelated to SLX. Also make sure you've got the latest version, some stuff for Tonal was fixed in the beta 3 update.

Universal: You should only need to install the beta 3 update, it has the stuff from the previous update. All of the artillery seemed to work for me. I don't know why it isn't working for you, maybe an old version of CoC UA or some kind of addon conflict with something else?

NoRailgunner: Sure, I guess I can pack up the current version and call it 1.1 final.

Here it is, hopefully the last OFP SLX mod release:

SLX_Mod_1.1.rar @ FileFront.com 36.5 MB

Version 1.1 final Changes:

None.

The ONLY thing I don't like about this mod is the zoom range in the viewers of the tanks n' stuff. I'd adjust that a bit if I knew how. Everything else is fantastic.

Thanks for your time and effort on a great mod, Solus!

Rly nice changes solus. I hope to see u make this also to ArmA .

Hi there Solus!

I enjoyed your mod in v 1.093 for some time and recently learned via the FFSX 2007 v2.55 readme about a SLX v 1.1 being available. But neither the filefront link in this thread nor a search within filefront provide a link to SLX 1.1. The same goes for the Tonalredux magazine bug fix. I would like to play SLX 1.1 and since i love Tonalredux, I'd appreciate getting the magazine fix as well.

Hope you can fix the links,

tourist

I saw SLX 1.1 links don't work, they send me in the Filefront's home page. I tried with Mozilla and IE7 but nothing is happened...can you help me?

if you look in the ffur-slx 2007-thread, you will find a link.

hope that helps

can anybody post a link to SLX invasion 44 config?

i know theres one around but dont know where

ta

well downloaded SLX1.7 the 1.1 link is bad, so just search for SLX replacement it will give the link to 1.7. Finally installed it even had a config for non whtl cards. It ran kinda choppy the first few times but playing with the settings it zoomed. Like the new features, this brings a whole new level to most of my CTI missions.

And other things like the Serial Killer missions, and GTA style missions.

Are there any working mirrors for either 1.1 final or 1.1 beta3?

follow the first link on the first post, let it bomb, then do a search for SLX, it will give you the link there.

Here's the link:

SLX_I44

cheers mate but there apears to missing files i get in editor when i try to preview the error"

: script \SLX_GL3\SLX_Init_gl3.sqs not found"

solution?