Sign in to follow this  
Shifty-16AAB-

Weapons in ArmA

what probably explains that decision is that its likely to be the same KA50 model that came as an update to OFP, and was better modeled and mapped than the original addons.

same reason for re-using some of the OFP objects and a shed load of the vbs objects... saves time.

The weapon list is a bit short (especially vehicles) but nothing that a few months of BIS patches and community addons cant fix, Nice work BIS smile_o.gif

Hmm... I think I read somewhere that there was a plan to make weapon attachments ( silencers, optics,....etc) easily addable in the "weapons selection screen" so that addon makers would not have to create multiple addons of the same weapon with different attachments. Looking at those lists it seems that this feature didnt make it confused_o.gif . any way I am not going to whine about it, as it was probably just a rumor, however I am interested in knowing if the idea is at least doable with armA?? can somebody with expertise in this regard confirm that??

It seemed like a very good idea that i was mostly looking forward to. thumbs-up.gif

I can see Javelin on the list. This is very effective AT system. How it is represented in Arma ?

You can watch on this

how it works in RL.

Bit sad to see it doesn't have that much weapons, especially specific US Army ( icon_rolleyes.gif or where it the marines now) in it.

Anyway, this gives us modders some room and work for adding new contence smile_o.gif . Well glad to see my WIP weapons aren't in the list yet.

There are 17 US/west rifles and only 6 NS/east ones crazy_o.gif . There are strykers but no BTR's, there are 2 AV8's but no SU-25.. AH-1Z but no hind.

I think they didnt have enough time to create a good vehicle selection and weapons, i hope the Russian MOD teams make things much more interesting confused_o.gif .

And the M249 accepts all of the 5.56x45 STANAG mags as well as its own 200 round belt.

One of the best things I've heard all day biggrin_o.gif

Not so in real life, the US M249s have the magazine fit attachment removed to save weight. At least, this is my information.

Agreed, and to the lack of variation in Weapons/Vehicles, thats no big problem ones the modding tools for Arma are out.

Does anyone know is there a counterpart for the harrier?

that's the cool thing on the game.

it's realistic, not friggin balanced like other games!

so as east, you gotta have good tactics to fight west thumbs-up.gif

realism rocks! pistols.gifinlove.gif

Hi, about the G36's A & K... i'll like to know what trigger group they use, the standard trigger group (FA, x3 Burst, SF) or the naval trigger group (FA, x2 Burst, SF), i never fired a G36, but i trust the H&K engineers and i belive that the naval trigger group will be the best to hit on target while you save alot of ammo in comparison with the standard trigger group. Let's C ya

also btw keycat i can't wait to see how group link and other a.i scripts will work out in arma.  smile_o.gif

Hopefully none of them will be needed due to the improved AI in ArmA wink_o.gif

/KC

Hi, about the G36's A & K... i'll like to know what trigger group they use, the standard trigger group (FA, x3 Burst, SF) or the naval trigger group (FA, x2 Burst, SF), i never fired a G36, but i trust the H&K engineers and i belive that the naval trigger group will be the best to hit on target while you save alot of ammo in comparison with the standard trigger group. Let's C ya

The standard trigger group is Safe-Single-Fullauto.

The 2-round burst fire is available in an optional trigger group for all G36 rifles (It than has either Safe-Single-2rd-Burst-Full-Auto or Safe-Single-2rd-Burst)

I'm am not aware of an 3rd-burst option for the G36 and the official HK-site doesn't state anything about it. I only shot the standard G36 of the german army and not spanish ones you may refering to. So it may be completely different smile_o.gif

Hi, yeah Peanut, our spanish G36A use the standard (for us) trigger group; Safe, Single Shot, x3 Rounds Burst & Full Auto, only the G36's K (used by the Armada divers [aka dirty popeyes] and the Royal spanish Marine Infantry) use the naval trigger group, Safe, Single Shot, x2 Rounds Burst & Full Auto.

Our parachuters anre the other only ones that have the G36K (plus the Guardia Civíl, but those don't count) and the parachuters use the same standard trigger group than the regular army. But i'll like to know which of those 2 triggers groups use the G36's A & K of the ArmA. Let's C ya

what probably explains that decision is that its likely to be the same KA50 model that came as an update to OFP, and was better modeled and mapped than the original addons.

same reason for re-using some of the OFP objects and a shed load of the vbs objects... saves time.

While I completly disagree with the decision of not including the Hind no matter what reason, I must agree that this is a good explanation.

Anyway, like it was said before this problem will certainly be solved thru mods.

The "M4SPR"

Is actually a SPR MK12 mod0   - but I can see why BIS took the steps not to call it that!

300px-SPRCrane.jpg

Quote[/b] ]An Mk 12 Mod 0 SPR clone built by Mid-South Tactical Network (MSTN). This specific rifle features the current (and improved) version of the "Crane" Stock which is manufactured by LMT - Lewis Machine and Tool. Also shown is a Harris Bipod with a KMW Pod-Loc.

USSF:

Mk12223.jpg

The "M4SPR"

Is actually a SPR MK12 mod0   - but I can see why BIS took the steps not to call it that!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped....ane.jpg

Quote[/b] ]An Mk 12 Mod 0 SPR clone built by Mid-South Tactical Network (MSTN). This specific rifle features the current (and improved) version of the "Crane" Stock which is manufactured by LMT - Lewis Machine and Tool. Also shown is a Harris Bipod with a KMW Pod-Loc.

USSF:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2d/Mk12223.jpg

About the name; what you were seeing are classnames, classnames can be different from displaynames - those are what you see in game - and don't have to be accurate. For example, in OFP the cobra's TOW missiles have the classname "HellfireLauncher", which is clearly an entirely different missile, but it doesn't matter, it's only there for technical purposes.

No offense to you oxford, but this is intended for anyone who is trying or has tried to take a shot at BIS because of a misunderstanding:

Now listen close, I'm about to destroy your entire arguement. According to that list from Placebo, the displayname for the "M4SPR" is indeed "Mk12 SPR". How's that for you? They got it right, but once again speculation causes unrest. Please, wait til you have all the facts before you complain, end up being wrong, and make a complete ass out of yourself.

Sorry I had to use you as an example. banghead.gif

*sigh*

Did it say anywhere in my post that it was a complaint? It was a mere observation. Am I bothered by the fact the name is not correct? no.

It was just some information that people (obviously not you) may have been interested in as I know a small bit about that particular rifle.

Feel free to destroy my argument, I have no problems with that but what I do have a problem with is being belittled for providing such information. I see no wrong in that whatsoever.

I have been playing ofp since its demo release and hardly posted here and 3 posts later I get flamed for providing a small bit of information to the community. Try to be a little more accommodating please - that is all I ask.

welcome.gifbanghead.gif

Anyways, moving on - life really is too short smile_o.gif

Id say the list looks impressive and nice to see the addition of a DMR weapon in the game such as the MK12 wink_o.gif

nice weapon list though a bit short, but i guess the addon and mod groups will make the list grow biggrin_o.gif a ofp res weapons conversion mod for arma maybe? biggrin_o.gif

In regards to sights, why is it that the M4 with the grenade launcher is the only version to have the ACOG, while the standard M4 can only have the Aimpoint? its no big deal, but it would be nice to have a choice of optics. smile_o.gif

*sigh*

Did it say anywhere in my post that it was a complaint? It was a mere observation. Am I bothered by the fact the name is not correct? no.

It was just some information that people (obviously not you) may have been interested in as I know a small bit about that particular rifle.

Feel free to destroy my argument, I have no problems with that but what I do have a problem with is being belittled for providing such information. I see no wrong in that whatsoever.

I have been playing ofp since its demo release and hardly posted here and 3 posts later I get flamed for providing a small bit of information to the community. Try to be a little more accommodating please - that is all I ask.

welcome.gif  banghead.gif

Calm down, I edited my post (sorry).  notworthy.gif

Now you should be happy that BIS got it right. Maybe it will prove to some non-believers out there that they're not completely oblivious or incompetent as some people have seemed to suggest.

Do the rest of you now see what speculation leads to?

banghead.gif

Quote[/b] ]In regards to sights, why is it that the M4 with the grenade launcher is the only version to have the ACOG, while the standard M4 can only have the Aimpoint? its no big deal, but it would be nice to have a choice of optics.

Such attention to weapon variations is and always has been left up to the modders. The work BIS saves by limiting the available configurations can be applied to something else, and if they make only what they need for their story then that's really all that matters. I will agree that it is a common trend in most commercial games for developers to choose a greater variety of different weapons/vehicles over a greater amount of variations of a specific type of weapon/vehicle, it may not be as realistic but they have their reasons. Fortunately we have addon makers with a good deal of attention to detail.

I was a little to the point in my reply for which I appologise, glad for that chat via PM smile_o.gif - thanks. Guys, listen to this member as he does know his stuff.

badlymad - With regards to the acog or aimpoint - lets just assume thats what your issued with (ie you have no choice!wink_o.gif