Sign in to follow this  
Shifty-16AAB-

Weapons in ArmA

Alright, we've seen the first videos and pics, now it's time to have a look at the choice of weapons in the game. So if anyone could list the guns, rifles, etc. that have been confirmed so far, i'd be very happy. Screenshots would be even better!!!  wink_o.gif

100% in the game:

m4

ak74

g36c

at4

m9

pistols.gif

Im not very apt at spotting american equipment correctly but I recall seeing a south sahrani soldier carrying a FN MAG and a US soldier sporting a FN Minimi.

Yeah, you're right on those... althought given its likely to be yank equipment, then techinically the M240 and the M249. I'm also quite sure I spotted a PK in a few images too, as well as a HK MP5SD (or at least i think so - im crap at knowing what HK is what)

Units & Weapons class lists, link here

Here you Go, for easy reference for weaps+mags:

Weapons:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">M16A2

M16A2GL

M4

M4GL

M4AIM

M4SPR

M4A1

M4A1GL

M4A1SD

G36K

G36C

G36a

MP5A5

MP5SD

AK74

AK74GL

AKS74U

AKS74UN

M249

M240

PK

M24

SVD

M9

M9SD

Makarov

MakarovSD

M136

Javelin

Stinger

RPG7V

Strela

Laserdesignator

NVGoggles

Binocular

Magazines:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">20Rnd_556x45_Stanag

30Rnd_556x45_Stanag

30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD

30Rnd_556x45_G36

30Rnd_9x19_MP5

30Rnd_9x19_MP5SD

30Rnd_545x39_AK

30Rnd_545x39_AKSD

200Rnd_556x45_M249

100Rnd_762x51_M240

100Rnd_762x54_PK

10Rnd_762x54_SVD

5Rnd_762x51_M24

15Rnd_9x19_M9

15Rnd_9x19_M9SD

8Rnd_9x18_Makarov

8Rnd_9x18_MakarovSD

PipeBomb

TimeBomb

Mine

MineE

FlareWhite_M203

FlareGreen_M203

FlareRed_M203

FlareYellow_M203

1Rnd_HE_M203

FlareWhite_GP25

FlareGreen_GP25

FlareRed_GP25

FlareYellow_GP25

1Rnd_HE_GP25

SmokeShellRed

SmokeShellGreen

SmokeShell

HandGrenadeTimed

HandGrenade

M136

Javelin

Stinger

PG7V

PG7VR

Strela

Oh btw.. the Javelin seems to miss it's model.. mmm

this could always be put up on the Biki surely?

seems like an obvious place to me whistle.gif

this could always be put up on the Biki surely?

Go do it then wink_o.gif

i have wink_o.gif

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Armed_Assault:_Weapons

could someone please comfirm the weapons uses for the grenades and satchels? At the moment I assumed its the same as in OFP, but please correct me if im wrong (I don't own arma). The article could also be expanded to include vehicle weapon and ammo names.

Units & Weapons class lists, link here

Its all there, i still cant believe there is no hind though, amongst some other stuff sad_o.gif .

West rifles:

M16A2

M16A2GL

M4

M4GL

M4AIM

M4SPR

M4A1

M4A1GL

M4A1SD

G36K

G36C

G36a

MP5A5

MP5SD

M249

M240

M24

East rifles:

AK74

AK74GL

AKS74U

AKS74UN

PK

SVD

A vintorez, bizon and RPK would fit, and also properly configed 7.62 AK47's.

I think the G36's are Gerrilla/south Sahrani rifles... its obvious that FN Fal's and H&K G3's would make more sense..

M16

M24

SVD Dragunov

SR 25

Its not an SR-25, its a Mk 12 Mod 0 SPR (which is a Navy/Marine Corps weapon) wink_o.gif

Edit: oh, should read the rest of the thread first, but the point still stands. Its not an "M4 SPR" (tho it is based on the M4) the correct designation is Mk12 Mod 0

Thanks for the lists, been searching all over for this info!

Don't intend to moan but a bit sad the only prop plane is the Camel.... Would have prefered the Cessna with some cargo capabilities so I could finish my paradrop scripts now when we (supposedly) have steerable chutes.

Anyway, we can't have it all ( yet! ) ... I'm pretty sure someone will make some great prop planes as soon the tools are released to the public  tounge2.gif

/KC

i wonder if all the ballistic data is still stricly attached to ammo in a config.

i still cant believe there is no hind though, amongst some other stuff sad_o.gif .

Yeah me too! I really can't undestand why the Hind is missing! sad_o.gif

And the most stupid thing is that there will be a Ka-50 for North Sahrani and not a Hind, specially when the Hind is a helo that was exported very extensivelly while the Ka-50 as not been exported yet (except for two helicopters that fought for the Ethiopian side during the Ethiopian-Eritrean conflict).

Hopefully, modders will add one.

i still cant believe there is no hind though, amongst some other stuff sad_o.gif .

Yeah me too! I really can't undestand why the Hind is missing!  sad_o.gif

And the most stupid thing is that there will be a Ka-50 for North Sahrani and not a Hind, specially when the Hind is a helo that was exported very extensivelly while the Ka-50 as not been exported yet (except for two helicopters that fought for the Ethiopian side during the Ethiopian-Eritrean conflict).

Hopefully, modders will add one.

Guess they wanted variation though hind would have made more sense from a gameplay and realism standpoint.. crazy_o.gif

Maybe the makers are more facinated by the KA-50 than by the Mi24 wink_o.gif You Never know smile_o.gif Altough after seeying Ffur2006/RHS/Scars Mi24 you wouldn't know why smile_o.gif

nice to know what weapons will be in arma, i wonder if Bis will add a few more in any pathces like they did with ofp and res smile_o.gif

also btw keycat i can't wait to see how group link and other a.i scripts will work out in arma. smile_o.gif

Thanks for this info (for those waiting for their copy).

Bit sad to see it doesn't have that much weapons, especially specific US Army ( icon_rolleyes.gif or where it the marines now) in it.

Anyway, this gives us modders some room and work for adding new contence smile_o.gif . Well glad to see my WIP weapons aren't in the list yet.

Maybe a bit offtopic: Maybe i'm wrong or i'm still on the speculation train, but how are the scopes now? I don't suppose 'proxy' scopes made it in ArmA? But afaik there was something new regarding sillenced and non-silenced (model and sound).

After 5 years of OFP and now ArmA i still wonder what the G36A/C/K are doing in those weapon list. Maybe i misted something, but that isn't a standard US riffle...feel free to shoot me (virtually), just wondering.

More offtopic ( icon_rolleyes.gif maybe i misted a modelers topic or new modelers features of ArmA tread whistle.gif ), but any news regarding the magazines? Meaning, will it be possible to cfg or fill your mags ingame with a mix of normal and tracer bullets (especially like 3 tracers for last remaining bullets)? This was meantioned in the past (one of the many suggestions from the comunity). Also is the ammo (auto filling at reload) fixed now. Not saying it was a bug in OFP/VBS, but it was never my cup of tea, having 3 clips with 2-3 bullets, if you know what i mean.

And maybe most important, are animations possible on weapons now (reload, sight adjustments, ironsight, bipod etc). Guess i don't need to ask regarding the light/laser request... icon_rolleyes.gif

Sorry for my Q's, but just some 'normal' questions a modeler is wondering about.

the G36's are specifically for the South Sahrani Army i think... or at least thats how they're trying to play it.

According to Placebo's list (well, my interpretation of it at least), most of the weapons accept both SD and regular mags (for those mags with SD versions available), including the SD weapons. M16s and M4s also share the same magazines, except the M16 doesn't accept SD mags, though the list might not represent the final version (I saw several things that were definatly WIP). And the M249 accepts all of the 5.56x45 STANAG mags as well as its own 200 round belt.

I hope the ACOG attachement is in the game. Nothing better for midrange engagements imho.

Guess they wanted variation though hind would have made more sense from a gameplay and realism standpoint.. crazy_o.gif

What puzzles me the most in this decision is that BIS took the excelent decision to model the North Sahrani army as being an army equiped with relatively outdated equipment (or not so modern in term of latest equipment) in which its strenght is based on numbers so this lead to the decision to leave out weaponry such as the T-80 or T-90 MBTs or BMP-3s in which I agree at 100% with BIS and then (and what really puzzles me) BIS decides to put the Ka-50 which is an helo that wasn't operational during the USSR-era (and still isn't 100% operational) and which is one of the most modern gunship helicopter in the world in the place of the Mi-24 which is the backbone of the gunship force of almost every country that uses Russian made equipment. Well, I guess that's one of those weard and unexplainable decisions....