Sign in to follow this  
astatine

Invasion 1944 Alpha Relased

Hey,

I just spotted this on <a href="www.ofp.info" target="_blank">OFP.info</a>

Congratulations to the I44 team for getting it out, and thanks for all their hard work!

But comiserations also on not being able to see your work finished quite as you would like.

Thanks for sharing this!

From I:44 Team

WARNING - THIS VERSION IS AN EARLY BUILD, AND HAS MANY FLAWS.

Quote[/b] ]

Unfortunatly we do not have time to work on the mod anymore. Because of this the project has been halted. We would however not want all the efforts of the last 2 years to go to waste. We have therefore decided to release what we have, this version is at least 6 months old, some small updates were in the making a few months ago, but have long since been abandoned. The Oosterbeek campaign is an older version. A newer one should become available soon.

If anyone is interested in helping to finish Phase 1 to a finished state, please contact us by leaving a message on the forum (link is mentioned below).

If you wish to use parts of this release for your own work, please contact us on our forum to ask for permission. We recommend to request permission first before editing anything to prevent anyones time from possible being wasted.

If no help is offered we cannot continue development, therefore we cannot accept bugreports. All files are "As Is", and "final". We do not have the manpower to fix these bugs, sorry.

The Invasion 1944 team

inv1av1s.jpg

inv1av5s.jpg

inv1av6s.jpg

Mirrors

Invasion 1944 Alpha / 306.37 MB

I44 Oosterbeek Campaign / 5.89 MB

I44 CoC Malden Campaign / 157kb

@ofpc.de - Mr Burns

Mirror:

http://www.ofp-arma.cznhl.com/downloads/addons_i1944_mod.php -M@ster

I would like to thank several people for their efforts (file was already uploaded so I couldn't add (some of) them to the readme anymore):

Marcel, Jojimbo, Haggy, Winters, Canukausiuka, Vex_Man, SFG and many others for their part in this release.

-Deniz Car (Codarl, Gandalf The White), Oldih, Makabi and Lycanthrope for supplying resource material, voice acting and or telling us what they thought of the files.

-Oldih for operating our IRC channel @ Quakenet #inv44

-All of our voice actors.

-Cervo (newsposting) and Serial Killer (uploading) from OFP.info for their help in making this release publically available.

-And other community members that I forgot to mention.

Thanks to

-[OFP.info]

-[OFPC.de]

-[OFP-ArmA]

-[GOL Clan] [1][2][3]

Thanks for all your efforts I44 team i'm sure they were worth the wait.

Sorry if this has been answered before but will I44 return for ArmA?

Quote[/b] ]

You've forgotten to quote the most important sentence btw:

Quote[/b] ]

warning: this version is an early build, and has many flaws.

Most are relatively small though such as missing faces, it has never crashed for me or caused my OFP to mailfunction.

Apologies! I'll amend my post to avoid confusion further in the thread. I can't wait for it to finish downloading smile_o.gif

Hi i44 team!!

I'm sorry to hear that finally you are not going to finish your proyect, probably, at least for me, it was the most awaited mod for ofp, so really sad news for me sad_o.gif

Anyway i will download the alpha to see what you are able to do wink_o.gif, and i have one question for you team, żare you going to be back with armed assault? os this is the final "goodbye"?

Thanks for you work smile_o.gif

żare you going to be back with armed assault? os this is the final "goodbye"?

I hope so...can only speak for myself though.

We do intend to continue, but if it will actually happen remains to be seen.

If you're going to start a new thread, at least provide a link to the download. Obviously that one server is bogged down. JDB, perhaps a filefront mirror? They don't require registering or any of that non-sense to upload...

its really sad to see you guys stop working on the mod... sad_o.gif

In the old days, jojimbo's work on the vegetation and infantry in particular has been a huge inspiration to me, convincing me at a time when all i wanted to hear about was vehicles, weapons... and vehicles that there was indeed a lot that could be made on the environment and infantry... i would have loved to see the old team continue, its like the end of an era confused_o.gif

ah well at least you did the right thing by releasing your work as is, its definitly better than not releasing anything at all...

cheers

Fab

If you're going to start a new thread, at least provide a link to the download. Obviously that one server is bogged down. JDB, perhaps a filefront mirror? They don't require registering or any of that non-sense to upload...

I hope some mirrors become available soon. I have taken a quick look in my IM for newsposters of sites other then OFP.info. Sadly none are online. OFP.info was chosen as they are our hosts, and have been very supportive over the years.

I would rather not use Filefront as there have been numerous reports over the years of editing of files and adding their own disclaimers.

Thanks to

-[OFP.info]

-[OFPC.de]

-[OFP-ArmA]

-[GOL Clan] [1][2][3]

@ Fab: Thanks smile_o.gif

ofp.info have got this spot on - good news and bad news.

Good news that it has been released even if in an 'as-is' state and bad news that I have drunk too much and have to be up in the morning. Thank you I44 team for your hard work and I hope that this wont be the end.

I hope some mirrors become available soon. I have taken a quick look in my IM for newsposters of sites other then OFP.info. Sadly none are online.

Wrong country maybe? If you got a faster source mirror pm me and i´ll put one up. Seriously...downloading at 30kb/s isn´t fun at all sad_o.gif

Will join the horray for boobies bandwagon once i´ve completed that download but for now it´s like "yeah I´44 .. *looks @DL banghead.gifbanghead.gif "

oddly enough, i was thinking to myself earlier today that with the release of tonal, the RHS stuff and CSLA most of the stuff i had been waiting for is out.. I was only awaiting I44 and Falklands..

sorry you guys wont get to finish, but thanks for releasing what has been done.

I have been waiting for this for a long time thank you, thank you! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

totally worth the download, although laggy compared to VTE, totally worth the wait! (gotta love the tank crew with a glock...i know they are placeholders wink_o.gif )

with this alpha release i'm saying goodbye to OFP,

I'm really sorry things went this way but their was no other option.

I hope you guys all enjoy(ed) the release as is.

I didnt agreed of releasing, but looks like some other guys did. Feels like a baby thats ript from my arms and trowned away in the dark. 5 Years I spend all my free time and effort in this mod, really sad we had to do it like this.

Anyway, I would like to thank all you guys from the community, who knows till again, Goodbye huh.gif

Cheers,

Marcel