Sign in to follow this  
astatine

Invasion 1944 Alpha Relased

For some bugfixes, remember that there will be a fixed pack coming this week. IIRC, it resolves most of the face issues. smile_o.gif

Some helpful bod able to post a classname/weapons list ? Appreciated.

Unpbo'ing a few of the arty pieces I see a few refs to towing - is there a script in game for this or should we use the old CBT script?

Enjoying this mod immensely.

To get a class list, feel free to dePBO the config files. As for a weapons list, look back at page 4 of this thread. wink_o.gif

There are remnants of other scripts in some of the components, but they were never fully implemented. The towing script never even got started as I recall.

The fixed release is still coming soon, which will fix some errors. Within this week (or I'll have Winters' head!wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Just a couple more days guys, its hard to find some free time recently due to the house hunt and my grandaughters (day before thanksgiving) birth along with the increased work hours to pay for everything involved in the move, but im squeezing an hour in here and there and will have more time this weekend.

Thanks for your efforts, Winter and all other members concerned. Please dont give it up for the last batch. The Mod is still nice for playing in OFP for WW2 scenario although the coming of Arma. When play WW2 missions, I would still use OFP for some time since many existed nice WW2 stuff in OFP, including my red army pack smile_o.gif

Thanks for your efforts, Winter and all other members concerned. Please dont give it up for the last batch. The Mod is still nice for playing in OFP for WW2 scenario although the coming of Arma. When play WW2 missions, I would still use OFP for some time since many existed nice WW2 stuff in OFP, including my red army pack smile_o.gif

What he said... biggrin_o.gif

BTW Congrats on becoming a grandpa Winters wink_o.gif

Thanks for getting this mod to us guys. Hope to see more of your quality stuff in the future.

Just wondering, anyone find a good Russian/US tank pack that balances well with this mod?

I really like Bigfoots diverse list of Russian tanks, but they don't take direct hits very well smile_o.gif Anyone try Liberations tanks yet?

liberations tanks are great but i wish they included later axis armour like the classic tiger

When I die in the campaign, the game won't let me exit. Is that a bug or is it just me?

@ Dec. 01 2006,12:01)]I miss the train sad_o.gif

So do I mate... I'm really sorry I couldn't finish it up properly.

Would love to see it inside a release, who knows maybe in the future, the future of ArmA

Train_Ingame01s.jpg

When I die in the campaign, the game won't let me exit. Is that a bug or is it just me?

Campaign was not finished... Winters has said the new version will be coming soon, w/ a few other small updates. smile_o.gif

I once thought Winter was just like my age... But suddenly, knew he's got a grandchild. Oh, God, It seems OFP and ArmA really a nice game for people from different times...

@ Dec. 01 2006,12:01)]I miss the train sad_o.gif

So do I mate... I'm really sorry I couldn't finish it up properly.

Would love to see it inside a release, who knows maybe in the future, the future of ArmA

Now that would be something I'd look forward to notworthy.gif

Some small info on the upcoming updated release (so many changes compared to the released version that there won't be a patch, but an entirely new install will be necessary):

Added:

-Alot of things that will hopefully fix unfinished stuff, such as the "ghost" faces;

-Campaign is now integrated in the "Alpha" release and is complete ("final");

-An addon or two (small ones, not tanks) has been added to be able to finish the campaign;

-(model) variations on the existing Panther;

Changed:

-A couple of lod values tweaked;

Removed:

Some bad (unfinished) lods;

Hopefully added in a later patch:

Panzer 5G "Panther" SS5. Wiking + variants

Panzer 5G "Panther" Winter + variants

SDKFZ 251 Winter

New C47

Lods for the AB jeeps

Note: We do not have other Marfy tanks, only Marfy himself has them, and he has not responded to any of our e-mails, so please don't waste everyones time by asking about them. Even if we would have had them, they would be far from being finished.

As soon as i get back from this business trip i will get everything uploaded to the ftp. The hotel i am currently staying out has a crappy internet connection that is down more often than not. I will be back at home 12/22-23 and yes, there will be some single missions and also some co-ops included.

Looking forward to seeing those updates, especially the added Panther variants.

Really nice news ! I would be waiting for that as a special Christmas gift from Santa Claus smile_o.gif Oh, please dont forget to upload to a qick link for downloading when you release it.

The link will be to the Pubs' ftp, if you ever grabbed a mission of mine than you already know its a fast connection. Of course i will get the link to some news sites so they can get some mirrors set-up, if anyone would like to mirror the file aside from the usual suspects they can PM me and i will make sure you can grab it before it goes public.

Thanks to everyone for being patient with me but it will be worth the wait as all the bugs in the campaign are gone now and with the extra time i have i am adding some missions to it that were not in the test version. It will also have my brave attempt at doing a brit accent for more than the 2 sentences that i already did (white knight to headquarters, come in please....) which is in "force protection" Muahahahaaaa pistols.gif

some where in this topic was said something like

Fallschirmjagers weren't around Arnhem

they WERE

Paratroopers on the ground

The German paratroopers conquered Crete, but at a heavy cost of thousands dead and thousands wounded, mostly of Germany's finest soldiers, and the loss of 170 transport aircraft and dozens of fighters and bombers. These losses were dwarfed just months later by the tremendous German losses in the fighting in Russia which began a month later, but in mid 1941, at the peak of his triumph, Adolf Hitler was shocked by the heavy losses of the paratroopers' invasion of Crete and he decided that there will be no more large scale German airborne operations. In the rest of World War 2, other than a few insignificant small operations, the Fallschirmjager fought on the ground, as elite infantry. They proved themselves again and again as formidable opponents, especially in Monte Cassino (early 1944), in Normandy, and in Holland, where they defeated the British paratroopers in Arnhem. The lessons of large scale operation of paratroopers by the Germans were learned by The Allies, which later during the war made several such operations.

from

http://www.2worldwar2.com/fallschirmjager.htm